&nsbp;

#1 Mr. Plague

Mr. Plague

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 06:05 AM

Hello,
I have recently uploaded my site to the web and would like people to act as criticts to help the development of my site. www.pickarddesign.ca.
Thank you.
Tanner - I Am Canadian

#2 seawise

seawise

Guru

• Designer
  • 861 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 12:42 PM

The first thing that i can say is your header "Pickard Design" seems a little rough at the edges also the bore of the letter "a" looks obstructed and this gives a kind of odd feeling ..And "quality designs at affordable prices" slogan needs a touch that would create a contrast with its background maybe a proper stroke at photoshop would do this . Actually i'd fit up the slogan in one row, so the slogan would be much powerful and impulsive..I like light backgrounds and simple yet effective sites so general look seems ok but i think your button colors may be replaced with a suitable red variant..

In my opinion true color schemes can make a site close to "splendid" and affective at the first look even it has very little to offer as content ... while surfing what most of the people -including me- do is clicking a site then have a "first look" at the main page and decide whether to give up or continue clicking..Therefore i believe mainpages are the very vital point of the sites and they must be done attentively and colors are surely not everything i guess but i am sure that they are "most of" everything.. So i would suggest you to reconsider your color choices ..

Anyway these are just friendly suggestions..Good luck at your work....By the way this is my longest post :)...
****RETIRED MODERATOR****

#3 Mr. Plague

Mr. Plague

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 07:00 PM

I like red so I probably wont change the color.
But I changed the header a little, tell me what you think.

http://www.pickarddesign.ca/index.html
Tanner - I Am Canadian

#4 seawise

seawise

Guru

• Designer
  • 861 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 07:13 PM

hey nice work :)...I did not want to mean to change red, i was just trying to say "find true harmony" which you have done already...also button colors are now pretty good..well, i think now you are on the right track..cheers :)..

#5 Mr. Plague

Mr. Plague

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 07:25 PM

I appreciate all your feedback, it helped.
Thanks seawise.
Tanner - I Am Canadian

#6 seawise

seawise

Guru

• Designer
  • 861 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 07:32 PM

i am happy to hear that..you are welcome :)..

#7 exo

exo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 04:51 PM

I think it is pretty nice. It looks too corporate for a freelance desing site though. I think you could get away with something funkier while still having the outdoors/nature vibe. Your work is nice also, but having 2 versions of the logos is redundant imo. I'd go with the full color version and make it bigger to really show it off. The layout and everything else seems pretty well though out and works pretty well. Nice work.

#8 zcfsu

zcfsu

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:30 PM

it feels like the main header "pikard design" needs to be a bit bigger. your picture overtakes alot of it but maybe thats what you were going for.

#9 will

will

Designer / Technomancer

• Designer
  • 763 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:10 PM

Just a suggestion: I would check for some other image for the top, it can be a skyline but there is something missing on this one, it looks like it's not complete and that small amount of leaves cutted in the right bottom of the image make the image not look balanced. Try sxc.hu that is a free royalty images site and search for "panoramic" there you will find impresive images at no cost.
Will
"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it" (EDITH WHARTON)
-- NEW Portfolio --

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users