&nsbp;

#1 joslyn

joslyn

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 12:12 PM

Hello everybody,

Please check my online portfolio, would like you guys to give me your feedback. http://www.c2minds.com

Thank you.

Warm regards
jos
http://www.designcon...itpost&p=39447#
Smilie

#2 MIHAI1984

MIHAI1984

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 12:36 PM

The site looks good, but somekind of boring. I can't put my finger on what makes it boring for me.
The graphics are nice, but some buttons (specially the web design) look very low quality.
The buttons could have some rollovers on it or be made in some flash program. Just so you know where you are.
I dont like the scrolling portfolio. Maybe a new portfolio button.
The text on the loader looks low quality. Could make it more sharper. Also you could redesign the loader to give it some of the site's feeling.
The color background on the pages doesnt look nice with the whole general site colors.
Also some animation wont hurt.

#3 exo

exo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:04 PM

I can't really get it to work:(

#4 joslyn

joslyn

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:02 AM

The site looks good, but somekind of boring. I can't put my finger on what makes it boring for me.
The graphics are nice, but some buttons (specially the web design) look very low quality.
The buttons could have some rollovers on it or be made in some flash program. Just so you know where you are.
I dont like the scrolling portfolio. Maybe a new portfolio button.
The text on the loader looks low quality. Could make it more sharper. Also you could redesign the loader to give it some of the site's feeling.
The color background on the pages doesnt look nice with the whole general site colors.
Also some animation wont hurt.

Thanks for you inputs, will keep in it mind, we are in the process of revamping our online portfolio, probably more flash animation
Cheers!

#5 joslyn

joslyn

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:05 AM

I can't really get it to work:(

it seems to be working fine, please try it once more, the link is http://www.c2minds.com/

#6 Guest_Unregistered_*

Guest_Unregistered_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:40 PM

when i'm viewing your site i get the inclination that im trying to be sold something that i don't really need. like one of those out of the box data-orinted software making businesses. with a name like creative minds, or whatever it actually is, im not so sure why there is a 2 in there, im guessing because of 2 people? if thats the case then why is it after the c in "c2minds"?
anyways, all im saying is that you claim to be so creative, and yes i see this in your work and its great but the entirety of the site doesnt go with the flow. try some new vibrant colors and not just a dull bluish scene.

also i would think about throwing streaming content in there and not have everyhting downloadable to be able to view things. it takes more time than necessary because you have to download it then view it and afterwards you have to delete it off you comp. have the option but create a streaming one as well.

#7 zcfsu

zcfsu

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:44 PM

sorry, forgot to log in. that last post was me though^^^

#8 Guest_Unregistered_*

Guest_Unregistered_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2005 - 08:56 AM

when i'm viewing your site i get the inclination that im trying to be sold something that i don't really need. like one of those out of the box data-orinted software making businesses. with a name like creative minds, or whatever it actually is, im not so sure why there is a 2 in there, im guessing because of 2 people? if thats the case then why is it after the c in "c2minds"?
anyways, all im saying is that you claim to be so creative, and yes i see this in your work and its great but the entirety of the site doesnt go with the flow. try some new vibrant colors and not just a dull bluish scene.

also i would think about throwing streaming content in there and not have everyhting downloadable to be able to view things. it takes more time than necessary because you have to download it then view it and afterwards you have to delete it off you comp. have the option but create a streaming one as well.

Will consider your advice!! , thanks for the same

#9 takethetrain

takethetrain

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 06:45 PM

I strongly agree, and here are a couple more reasons why having to download programs to view your work is an issue:

- Mac users may not be able to open files with the .exe extension.

- These kind of files always have the danger of carrying viruses with them, so users may be wary of running them.

#10 jennn721

jennn721

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 12:59 AM

I agree that the design itself tends to be a little dull. I recommend on creating more of a visual heirarchy and explore more graphic options. You might want to ask yourself what kind of message you are trying to send purely by the design itself and what kind of market you are trying to attract. I like the blue (typically, blue is a very safe, stable color) but think about other colors and how you could incorporate them into your design.

#11 techguy

techguy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 02:03 PM

I, too agree that I feel as if the web site's trying to sell me some kind of software package. On the right side of the main page it looks as if you want to sell me a web site template.
<||\\ Techguy //||>

#12 joslyn

joslyn

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 05:46 AM

I agree that the design itself tends to be a little dull. I recommend on creating more of a visual heirarchy and explore more graphic options. You might want to ask yourself what kind of message you are trying to send purely by the design itself and what kind of market you are trying to attract. I like the blue (typically, blue is a very safe, stable color) but think about other colors and how you could incorporate them into your design.

Thanks for your feedback! i am in the process of revamping my website, will your pointer in minds,

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users