• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 strato

strato

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:58 AM

Couple of generations of art students in Poland had learned basics of graphic design through this logo.its a logo of a ex -communist Oil Industry Central(CPN) - well they supplied fuel to every single fuel station in Poland during communism.Pure Old School!
Posted Image
What are Yours favourite logos?

Edited by strato, 24 January 2009 - 02:01 AM.

GO BIG OR GO HOME!
:::www.janchmielewski.com:::

#2 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:33 PM

That is sad cause I read CNP and not CPN. The letter order is not correct to what the logo is saying.

Best logo in the world for me gotta be Nike, the logo does not even represent the word but everyone knows it is nike just seeing the swoosh. And probably the cheapest, simplest and best logo there is.

#3 strato

strato

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

That is sad cause I read CNP and not CPN. The letter order is not correct to what the logo is saying.

Best logo in the world for me gotta be Nike, the logo does not even represent the word but everyone knows it is nike just seeing the swoosh. And probably the cheapest, simplest and best logo there is.

Well it depends how You look at this ,sometimes first You see "N", sometimes C and P'.In this case I don't think letter order is important.
Nike is so cool because of it's simplicity, but we know it's Nike because of global position of the company and it's marketing not because it visually describes "Nike" as the goddess .
Apple is there at the top aswell...

Regards
GO BIG OR GO HOME!

#4 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

The N stand between the C and the P that why everyone who see if for the first time will still see CNP. They need switch the N and the P it would be more correct.

I think Nike the best cause Nike is also the very first original of the company. Apple logo have been change several times. First version was so bad, that it was a illustration than a logo.

Posted Image

#5 brian_lsf

brian_lsf

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:28 PM

best logo ever made ;)

Posted Image

#6 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

How about this?
Posted Image

#7 brian_lsf

brian_lsf

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

pfff nowhere near this :D

Posted Image

#8 strato

strato

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:15 PM

C'mon fellas, I was being serious:D
but then...You've got to love that institute of oriental studies logo...hyhy.
p.s. Chung thanks for a thorough research.sterling job!!
GO BIG OR GO HOME!

#9 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

At least this one is intended.
Posted Image

#10 strato

strato

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

At least this one is intended.
Posted Image

This one is definitely intended:D
What's the OGC ?
GO BIG OR GO HOME!

#11 strato

strato

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

pfff nowhere near this :D

Posted Image

Yeah, that London Olympics logo was a disaster! You propably heard that they had to take it off the Air because the flashy animations were causing people heart attacks!:eek:
GO BIG OR GO HOME!

#12 brian_lsf

brian_lsf

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:10 PM

The OGC is the £14,000 logo designed for the uk Office of Government Commerce and everybody knows about the £400,000 london 2012 logo..

Apparently it costs lots of money to design logos with hidden meanings that only the ones who picked the logo cannot see.

#13 baiskee

baiskee

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 915 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:05 PM

wow! £14,000 for the OGC?!

clever and naughty. :D
LOGOWORX

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have; rather remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.”

#14 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:50 PM

This big money are from design pitches it's very hard to get into that group unless your design firm is famous. The only select the most known companies to enter. Also cause of they want it in a contest form they need to make the prices high to attract them to enter otherwise if they money is very little they could earn more when they just work for their normal clients.

Also their are some pitches there are bit unfair like the dutch goverment paid 60.000 euro for a logo which they already have and paid Studio Dunbar 2nd time for the same logo.

Edited by Chung Dha, 25 January 2009 - 04:52 PM.

#15 Zpsy

Zpsy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:17 AM

haha OGC nice one :))
:eek: 400.000 pounds for olympic logo......
Make this one logo and enjoy your life (living hippie) !

P.S. but easier to buy a lottery )

#16 geek

geek

Guru

• Designer
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:22 AM

PEPSI logo is the best - it's controversial. The company knows how to get attention even for the worst ;)

#17 Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*

Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:31 AM

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe."

Someone showed that to me once, i think it was from david carsons website. Anyway my point is that with a brand such as the only oil company in a whole country you know right away what the letters are by the symbol. The letters of that logo form an abstract shape at first so your associating the shape with the brand not the actual letters. Your example of nike and the swoosh proves my point. You dont need to read out nike (to know the brand) just see the swoosh to know what brand your looking at. So in the case with the commie oil company you dont need to read the letters to know what you talking about. I think its a cool logo but for sure not the best.

#18 Gx3 Grafix

Gx3 Grafix

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:25 AM

Thanks for starting the post. I don't think it's the best logo in the world but I did enjoy seeing the OGC posted and the original logo for Apple.

#19 Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*

Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:59 PM

PEPSI logo is the best - it's controversial. The company knows how to get attention even for the worst ;)

What is controversial about it? It was a simple yin yang shape before they messed it up and made it all abstract looking.

#20 strato

strato

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:02 PM

This is briliant!
Guys, I didn't say this is the best logo- I said it's "One"of the best, and that's my opinion.
GO BIG OR GO HOME!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: canadian newbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users