• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:33 AM

Some one sent me this movie, and I thought I would share. I have seen people in Las Vegas doing these paintings, and I still watched this 9 minute video in awe!

http://video.google....174515665636969
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

• Guests

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:15 AM

to my taste this kind of art is a little bit too geometric, but still, it was fun to watch the video. Thanks for the link!

#3 mattddesign

mattddesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:35 PM

Great Link,

I have also seen this done before in person, it startes to get repetetive. But its fun to watch, and sometimes you get lucky and the guy does something you havent seen before. Thanks for the link.

-mattddesign

#4 gROUND cHUCK

gROUND cHUCK

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:32 PM

I don't think it was this guy, but I used to watch a couple of guys do this right off the sidewalk, on their hands and knees at Cocowalk in Coconut Grove, Miami. They were pretty good at it and were in a lot of the local papers. That was at least 10 years ago and now the only time I see anyone doing this is at arts and crafts shows.

On the topic of street art, has anyone ever seen the work of Julian Beever.
I think his work is awesome. Check him out..... http://users.skynet....Beever/pave.htm

And here's a video of him... http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dUen_khSouw

#5 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 02:10 AM

Julian Beever is awesome! I love his 3D stuff.

I am not sure where the video of the spray paint artist was taken, but I know there are some in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico...I am going on vacation there in December, and since there are so many art galleries and street artists, people feel the need to share them with me. I do think that mattddesign has a point, it could get repetitive...but it's still pretty cool (coming from a girl who can't paint her wall with a spray gun LOL)
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

#6 BuffetofMan

BuffetofMan

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:31 PM

Julian Beever is awesome! I love his 3D stuff.

I am not sure where the video of the spray paint artist was taken, but I know there are some in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico...I am going on vacation there in December, and since there are so many art galleries and street artists, people feel the need to share them with me. I do think that mattddesign has a point, it could get repetitive...but it's still pretty cool (coming from a girl who can't paint her wall with a spray gun LOL)

yeah hes really good. banksy is probably my favorite graffiti artist however there are hundreds of great ones that are just ameteaur and unknown.

if your interested in seeing a really cool documentary on graffiti check out Infamy.

I do a lot of graffiti work myself. You can check it out in my porfolio when I finish creating it on a myspace later today. It will be in my signature :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users