comunity contest entry-evaluation

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Gery.M

Gery.M

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:58 PM

I have a question on this subject and more exactly at the closed Easter-Egg design contest, but first i want to congratulate to Zukih for the 1st place and I want you to know, that I respect the rules and all of the artworks, but still have inside me the question that, why took Zukih the first place if both of us had 6/6 votes.:D Pls don`t take it personaly, just asking what(or who) is the key element that make the difference and decide who is better and who get the gold if both entrys have the same number of votes. :confused:

Anyway, I`m new guy here, so I think I can be very happy with my 2nd place, just want to find the answer for this question, thanks! :)

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

I'm not the CH but I think it was because one of them had a higher feedback on the feedback bar. That's the only thing I can think of?

I'll get back to you if I know something more.. IN the mean time I'll move this to the correct area. ;)

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

Coy is right. when there is a tie as far as member votes in the poll the contest then looks at the ch feedback percent bar.

Like us on facebook

#4 Gery.M

Gery.M

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

Ok, but that bar also showed under his entry that "needs work" . In my opinions this little thing can also be decisive in this case.:( Anyway, I don`t want to be bad, just a little bit frustrating situation for me. I think it would be nice if in the future, this kind of situation will be more suported by some concrete rules.:)

Thank you for the infos!

#5 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:26 PM

I marked his entry needs work as an example (zukih was aware of the example marking) I marked it to show why the bar turns green.

You will find in the pro (paid contests) the ch will mark some as needs work as well and that entry might win. Marking the entry needs work doesn't take the entry out of the contest. Many time and almost ALL designers will make revisions on the winning entry if asked. So it doesn't matter that an entry is marked needs work

Like us on facebook

#6 Gery.M

Gery.M

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:34 PM

ok, i got it:D thanks sharie

#7 lilpolcat1

lilpolcat1

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:46 PM

Congrats to the winners, and want to give a thank you for the votes my egg got!
I did not vote, because I would have voted for my own,.. Smile

#8 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:04 PM

Congrats to the winners, and want to give a thank you for the votes my egg got!
I did not vote, because I would have voted for my own,.. Smile

You cant vote on your entries :p

Thank you Gery.M and everyone that voted for my Egg. It was rly fun. ;)

• Guests

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

I did not vote, because I would have voted for my own

yeah, we coded it in that you can vote for any design except of your own :)

#10 guetizo

guetizo

Guru

• Designer
  • 1867 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

Why can't a person vote on its own design?

If a person is in a competition~poll, he or she can't purely cast the vote on it self? Does it mean that he or she must vote on the other entrants?!

My entry - for me - could be the best of all and it might not be the best, but yet I have the right to vote on mine. Its common sense... its how democracy works.

Paulo
thanks
guetizo origin~all portfolio | guetizo's logo~blog (showing new logos!)

#11 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:30 AM

if everyone goes in and votes for themself, it will be an across the board tie. If your entry truly is the best one, you'll get plenty of votes from the other users that aren't able to vote for their own entry.

The likelihood of the best entry winning is higher this way.
:) Brandy

• Guests

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:10 AM

if everyone goes in and votes for themself, it will be an across the board tie. If your entry truly is the best one, you'll get plenty of votes from the other users that aren't able to vote for their own entry.

The likelihood of the best entry winning is higher this way.

my exact thoughts :)

#13 guetizo

guetizo

Guru

• Designer
  • 1867 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:11 AM

A tie? How come is that possible? As for past experiences do you have any poll here, in all DC.net history, a tie by ONLY one vote on each entry? Of course not.
That's what you both are trying to tell me in that line of thought....

Other members will participate in the poll... that's clear as water. I never won a poll via 1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0...

Brandy, Did you ever won a poll? Did you vote on yourself? Did you won only with your vote?....

I think that you sergey, and your programmer should focus those programming efforts on other more demanding and urgent situations, like the repost post~message button, etc etc
thanks

• Guests

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:20 AM

I think that you sergey, and your programmer should focus those programming efforts on other more demanding and urgent situations, like the repost post~message button, etc etc

well, I can say the same thing - this voting thing is done (and it will stay) and you can focus on discussions of more important things.

I didn't quite understand what you mean by "repost post~message button". But I guess we'd rather start a new thread as it seems to be unrelated to voting.

#15 guetizo

guetizo

Guru

• Designer
  • 1867 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:56 PM

well, I can say the same thing - this voting thing is done (and it will stay) and you can focus on discussions of more important things.

I didn't quite understand what you mean by "repost post~message button". But I guess we'd rather start a new thread as it seems to be unrelated to voting.

sergey,

Don't understand why you call this "thing" unimportant or less important, believe I don't. Being able to vote on your own work its a right not an option and worst, you're closing it down.

I already started a thread (http://www.designcon...go-contest.html) about this issue [report button] but you can't always be on top of things....

Paulo
thanks

• Guests

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:05 PM

sergey,

Don't understand why you call this "thing" unimportant or less important, believe I don't. Being able to vote on your own work its a right not an option and worst, you're closing it down.

I already started a thread (http://www.designcon...go-contest.html) about this issue [report button] but you can't always be on top of things....

Paulo

first of all, it's you who called it unimportant and I just repeated what you said.

as for the thread you are referring to, as far as I understand those entries have been dealt with. There is "report" button and you can always use it in case of questionable entries.

#17 guetizo

guetizo

Guru

• Designer
  • 1867 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:22 PM

I rest my case.
thanks

#18 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:29 PM

Brandy, Did you ever won a poll? Did you vote on yourself? Did you won only with your vote?....

A poll is not the same as voting on a contest entry. In the polls, there is one question, and only a few possible answers. Using the Elite Designer acceptance poll as an example - there is only one person that could benefit from voting for themselves, so it is a non-issue.

But, when you have 30 designers and 30 entries, and all 30 designers can benefit from voting on their own design (win the t-shirt!), then more often than not, everyone will vote for their own entry - hence a 30-way tie.
:) Brandy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users