Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Please read before you post!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 05 August 2004 - 08:23 PM

As the title says, it is a forum where you can introduce yourself and say hi to other DC members.

This forum has been on for only a couple of days now, however I'd like to point out 2 very important things:

1. It is introduce yourself and not advertise yourself forum. Yes, we do want to take a look at your website, but please, do not post messages with only a link to it. If you want to attract special attention to it, please, use the showoff forum instead. But please, note that there are some rules in that forum as well. You've got to review 3 other websites before submitting yours.

2. To make it easier for you think of the stuff to share with others I am including some questions to answer that one of our members suggested:

Name:
DOB:
Marital Status:
Hobbies:
Accomplishments:
bad stuff:

hope this will be more fun to write now :) and more important there will be something about you that other members can discuss! :)

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:53 PM

Welcome to Design Contest..

Here are some links to help you get started.
START HERE-REAd everything. http://www.designcon...wledgebase.html

Some of these links are older, but still good information till they are replaced/deleted/or updated.. I encourage you again to read everything in the knowledgebase link above. then read these as well.
http://www.designcon...-designers.html

http://www.designcon...pplication.html

http://www.designcon...c-contests.html

And please read ALL the stickies at the top of the forum.

I'd also like to add that with the increase in new members because of our new open to all contests I'll be deleting useless posts... Like "nice" or "cool".. in hopes of everyone understanding what it really takes to be an elite team member.

THIS WILL BE YOUR FIRST WARNING!! IF YOU ARE POST PADDING AND SUBMITE A CONCEPT TO A CONTEST THEY WILL ALL BE DELETED AND WILL COME WITH AN INFRACTION.. 3 INFRACTIONS AND YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR A SHORT TIME FRAME...
How to avoid this.. READ the rules and follow them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Coy, 11 June 2010 - 12:05 AM.

• Chung Dha and tachetasara like this

#3 OGwatson

OGwatson

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:44 AM

wow. that kinda sux. i thought i would be able see some creative art work and collaborate with some interesting minds on this site. ill take my fresh ideas else where .thanks
  • jksigns and tachetasara like this

#4 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:46 AM

Why take your ideas elsewhere....the rules are simple and easy

wow. that kinda sux. i thought i would be able see some creative art work and collaborate with some interesting minds on this site. ill take my fresh ideas else where .thanks

• tachetasara likes this

Like us on facebook

#5 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 04:42 PM

Why take your ideas elsewhere....the rules are simple and easy

Cause some people just want to post their contests submissions with out following the rules..

I say good ridens to people like this.
Probably didn't even read a single rule or wasn't here long enough to see what DC is all about.
  • tachetasara likes this

#6 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:06 PM

bump
  • tachetasara likes this

#7 876Fearless

876Fearless

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:09 PM

That's a little ridiculous of a statement from OGWatson. Boohoo I can't make useless comments and I have to read rules.

???
  • tachetasara likes this

#8 DixielandDesign

DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

I was not going to get involved with this thread but the more I read it the more it bothers me. OGwatson, i ask this question; If you thought you were going to collaborate with some interesting minds then you should have no problem with the posting rule. You are taking your fresh ideas elsewhere, hmmm don't think we will miss them since that what we see everyday on this site fresh innovative ideas from real designers. This site is not for narcissistic people but people who want to share and believe that they can learn from others. Sorry you feel the way you do, it is your loss not ours.
  • tachetasara likes this

Vince

Designers are meant to be loved, not to be understood. — Fabien Barral

#9 Ponz

Ponz

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:24 PM

I have been a lurker for a while due to the heavy workload that I have been getting @ my 9-5 and just recently decided to start making it a point to keep the juices flowing. This site is a great way for like-minded people to bounce ideas around. If someone cannot follow a few simple rules the community might be better without them. OK I'm done ranting.
  • tachetasara and raihanacitrabetary like this

#10 Stev27

Stev27

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:23 AM

What's post padding?

Hi Neo,
Coy explained it at the top of this thread. Post padding is when you post something meaningless in a thread such as "Cool", "thanks for the info"or "LOL!", so you can reach your initial 10 post limit faster just to enter into a logo contest.

Read what Coy said again as well as his links. It's a lot of info but important to know if you want to have a positive experience here. Good luck and welcome to DC! :)
  • tachetasara likes this

#11 srigiri

srigiri

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

Hi.

Im new here. Like to get some inputs on the contests. Is that, contests will be announced to the registered mail id when any new contests entered? Please update.

Thanks,
Sri
  • tachetasara likes this

#12 benharman

benharman

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:43 AM

I don't want to get in the middle of a heated debate on the relevance of posting, but consider my case:

I am a designer who wants to participate in this website. I have logo ideas. But I have never posted anything to any site before.

I don't even post things on my wife's blog. I just talk to her.

I don't post comments about youtube videos. I just watch them.

I don't tweet either. I have friends.

Okay, I don't really have that many friends...That's just how I interact with the internet. I don't post. But I have to in order to participate. Since those are the rules, I'll comply.

Cause some people just want to post their contests submissions with out following the rules..

I say good ridens to people like this.
Probably didn't even read a single rule or wasn't here long enough to see what DC is all about.

• tachetasara likes this

#13 ndoetz_original

ndoetz_original

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:02 AM

thanks, but what happen if i'm not good in english to communicate my idea?
but i'm good to understands what i read in english.

i'm passive in english :)

regards,
ndoetz
  • tachetasara likes this

#14 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:17 PM

*bump*
  • tachetasara likes this

#15 Deryckx

Deryckx

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:28 AM

hi,
i'm new. my ideas are fresh. about to go read The Rules.

laters,
d
  • tachetasara likes this

#16 davidjgries

davidjgries

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:46 PM

I don't want to get in the middle of a heated debate on the relevance of posting, but consider my case:

I am a designer who wants to participate in this website. I have logo ideas. But I have never posted anything to any site before.

I don't even post things on my wife's blog. I just talk to her.

I don't post comments about youtube videos. I just watch them.

I don't tweet either. I have friends.

Okay, I don't really have that many friends...That's just how I interact with the internet. I don't post. But I have to in order to participate. Since those are the rules, I'll comply.

I have to agree with you here. I think as long as you are making an effort to add to a conversation and not just posting words and images you'll be just fine. At least that's my understanding.
  • tachetasara likes this

#17 GorillaGmo

GorillaGmo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:33 AM

well def lots of rules but i think it will be worth it when i can show lots of people what im capaple of and hopfully make some money doing what i love. if anyone has some helpful hints let me know. thanks
  • tachetasara likes this

#18 Amar

Amar

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:05 AM

i uploaded 2 logos...but both were displayed as PROBLEM..
till now i haven't cum to know d problm..hw 2 get 2 kw?
  • tachetasara likes this

#19 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:11 AM

because you didn't take the time to read the rules. Didn't you notice that your entry wasn't on a canvas? Also I see only 1 entry you have uploaded

Please read through the link and download the canvas

DesignContest.net Entering Professional Contests
  • tachetasara likes this

Like us on facebook

#20 hart4Him

hart4Him

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:03 PM

Hey, I am pretty excited about coming upon this site! I will read into the rules and knowledgebase. Sounds like a great way to weed out people who aren't serious. Thanks!
  • tachetasara likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users