• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 coreycondardo

coreycondardo

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

Posted Image

I am new in the logo design business. After doing lots of research on what makes a good logo and how to design and such I have started seeking clients and projects. I created this logo some time ago before I really started designing and wanted some constructive critisism.

New England Web Design is a design company that ranges from logo design to small business IT solutions.

This will be the logo I use but I am looking for critism I can use on other logos moving forward. I don't mind any comments as I can take the critisim!

Thanks in advanced for the help!

~Corey

#2 coreycondardo

coreycondardo

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

Also note I'm not on my home computer so this isn't the best quality logo. I have a better version I will upload ina few days but I wanted some thoughts as soon as possible.

~Corey

#3 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

New and England is stuck together a bit too much kinda look at it in first glance as a single word. Showing a outline of the country isnt really that interesting especially doesnt sell what the company does, it more like a travel agency. And the font you are using is bit cow boyish instead of British. Would advice more sleek styling simplistic fonts and show more something about IT and webdesign. It should have a more high tech look.

#4 thewestlifeboy

thewestlifeboy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:51 AM

Its really bad front try helvetica type sansarif fonts

#5 braja

braja

Banned

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:05 AM

As Chung wrote, the solution of the logo that you have submitted associated with all but the things by which the company deals with.
If these are elements for which you have decided, I would definitely changed the font (with some more modern) and I played it with the name/silhouette of the state.
To be honest, this seems to me like a sign for a saloon by the road or leather workshop.
If you like such "old west" font, attempt to modify it to connect the old and new spirit. To be a little more elegant.

I hope that some of this will be of help to decide what to do further.

Best regards!

#6 Anthony27

Anthony27

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:05 AM

Hi Mate,

Design for the logo of a website shows an example for user or viewer that how the site is designed.
when a logo is unique in nature it gives a separate identity for the website,search for the best that is unique in nature.

----------------
ecommerce website designers

Edited by Anthony27, 26 August 2010 - 10:23 AM.

#7 cly

cly

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:11 AM

I will say this - mixing sans-serif fonts and serif fonts is a big no-no. I agree with the comments about not using that shape. With web design companies, sans-serifs are the way to go with fonts like Univers, Helvetica, etc. And I would like shapes that are smooth, think circular. I don't have any ideas on what you want for a logo, so that's all I can say about that. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users