• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 rightontime

rightontime

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:48 PM

Started working on my logo.. Any opinion is welcomed.
Posted Image

#2 fragonard

fragonard

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:05 PM

I like the colors. It may be a problem with the upper "ROT" initials touching the
text underneath. The "R" may be perceived as "B" . Try also a B&W version.

#3 steplat

steplat

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

To be honest, I think you need to keep working on the overall concept of the design. It seems like you jumped right to the graphics without a clear idea of what you wanted to accomplish or communicate.

The clock hands inside to O is a nice start, keep working with that. I would love to see you share some sketches or brainstorm some ideas.

For example:

1) Create a logo with the hands of the clock spelling out "right on time"

2) Use the "RoT" initials with the lowercase "o" being the face of a clock, or a pocketwatch.

3) Show the word "right" being on top of a clock thus signifying "right on time" (kind of cheesy but it can look good)

4) Play with a digital (LCD) font style for the initials

5) Make the whole logo the face of a clock with the letters replacing the numbers.

I'll post examples of what I mean shortly.

#4 steplat

steplat

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:53 PM

[ATTACH]5285[/ATTACH]

Here is what I was talking about. Keep in mind these are very rough ideas that may or may not help you brainstorm a bit. Hope this helps.

#5 siahdesign

siahdesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

You have some good concepts suggested there steplat. I like the idea of exploring the LCD font style.

#6 adammonk

adammonk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:46 PM

Good call steplat, I agree you should push on with incorporating the hands of the clock in the "o". I'm sure you could create something really neat if you worked on that.

#7 Violet

Violet

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:27 PM

I would try to steer clear of the "ROT" or "RoT" initials. "RoT designs" doesn't sound very appealing. Have you thought about keeping the name spelled out and creating an icon? How about a clockface with a checkmark for the hands? and use lines instead of numbers.

Edited by Violet, 19 August 2008 - 10:33 PM.

Violet

#8 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:35 PM

I would try to steer clear of the "ROT" or "RoT" initials. "RoT designs" doesn't sound very appealing. Have you thought about keeping the name spelled out and creating an icon? How about a clockface with a checkmark for the hands? and use lines instead of numbers.

Good advice! :D

#9 cthistle

cthistle

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:43 PM

i have to agree with the post that say the R could be a B... thats what i thought it was when i first read it. I would make it a little more simple and a little less literal. But good start. : )

#10 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:44 PM

The more I think about your logo, the less I like the idea of the clock. The clock image reminds me of a speedy printer place -- and I don't think "great quality" when I think of those places. I agree with the last post that you shouldn't be so literal.

#11 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:32 PM

Why actually Right on time cause not really an appealing name for a design company. Also you should look out not to look like a watch / clock company than a design company.

Either design a logo which doesn't show a clock but do show how it is possible to be on time. Or something that is very abstract.

But from my perspective is that you need to find a better name than this. I find it not really a compelling name for a design company. More for a delivery service: Right on time delivery service" sound much better then Right on time design. Cause why right on time design, would your design otherwise be late or just send in right on time or is just fit the latest trends.

#12 SMJdesign

SMJdesign

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:52 AM

I think its a little cluttered and im not sure about the gradient, colors are okay but try coming up with a few new concepts and repost. imo im not sure its a very unique design especially if its for a design company. You want something that stands out to people.. something unique.
If your going to use the name right on time definitely try to stear clear of ROT, not sure that its too appealing to clients etc.

#13 rightontime

rightontime

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:32 PM

Thank you all for your feedback. I've taken some of your opinions in consideration and will submit later the result. :)

L.E: Posted Image

Edited by rightontime, 01 September 2008 - 10:03 PM.

#14 Violet

Violet

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:59 PM

How 'bout this?

Hey! What time is it? It's Right On Time!

(Clockface that looks like Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction giving a thumbs-up)
Violet

#15 stlthriot

stlthriot

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:32 PM

In the latest one you posted, love the colors/gradient, style and reflection as well!
Maybe would be cool to have the last zero in mid change from the one, maybe even blurred some to give a sense that it counting down. :)
Maybe would work also with the timer on the left hand side and not as tilted back but just an idea and depends on how you are using it.

#16 2ndFloorDesign

2ndFloorDesign

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:06 AM

If you want to continue the LCD clock, how about putting the word "TIME" in the clock. May or may not work, but it's worth checking out. And with that, how about stacking the words and image...like this: (like steplat mentioned earlier)

right
on
[image:LCD clock with time text]

What does ROT do? What is their business?

#17 DreamSky

DreamSky

• Designer
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:43 AM

I would really take the advice of Chung Dha.
Not that you really have to change the name of your design company, but don't focus that much on the clock. Try to incorporate something that is more related to design in your logo - you want people to associate your logo with designing when they see it out of the context, not that much with watches/clocks.

#18 k-999

k-999

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:05 AM

interesting progress on this logo. i can't wait for the 3rd study. =D
My 2 Desires: Create Art & Learn.:D

#19 2ndFloorDesign

2ndFloorDesign

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:30 AM

Ah, now I see you're making the logo for a design company. Definitely, I''d consider changing the name. I thought it was for a clock company.
There's nothing worse than a design company having a logo that doesn't make sense. You need the word "design" or "creative" or something to that matter in your name.
I look forward to hearing what you come up with.

#20 HWorks

HWorks

• Designer
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

I must say I first thought of a watches company too. Try focusing less on the 'fast work axpect' of your society. I like the last one, I see a lot of improvement! I personally would desaturate a little bit.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users