• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 reaper

reaper

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:06 AM

the last movie i seen was Pride and Glory , a very good movie.

#22 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

Curious Case of Benjamin Button — good movie!

#23 awhipl

awhipl

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:34 PM

Wall-E . . . kind of cute but a little boring.

Wall-E is slow in the middle but by far one of the best Pixar films in my opinion.

The most recent film I've seen was Pineapple Express, but the most recent in theaters was Marley and Me, which I expected to suck but was pleasantly surprised.

#24 kadong

kadong

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:34 AM

last movie i've seen..

edward scissorhands. lol

i watched it last night. very good movie. love tim burtons works.
i love my work :D

#25 awhipl

awhipl

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:34 PM

last movie i've seen..

edward scissorhands. lol

i watched it last night. very good movie. love tim burtons works.

new alice in wonderland is coming out by burton, pretty stoked

#26 JonathanHill

JonathanHill

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

Watched 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' last night, it's pretty good :)

I had wanted to watch it for ages, but I expected Jim Carrey to play his usual annoying Ace Ventura/The Mask character so I was wary.. but he did a good job.

#27 simpleviolet

simpleviolet

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:10 AM

Cloverfield, on a recommendation from someone.

Appalling nonsense. First ten minutes are a gay soap opera and totally unengaging, then a monster appears, they run away (unsuccessfully), most of them die, then they escape then they havent escaped then they get blown up.

If that's what modern cinema is reduced to it's no wonder people don't bother going any more

#28 JustinSA

JustinSA

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:58 PM

Cloverfield, on a recommendation from someone.

Appalling nonsense. First ten minutes are a gay soap opera and totally unengaging, then a monster appears, they run away (unsuccessfully), most of them die, then they escape then they havent escaped then they get blown up.

If that's what modern cinema is reduced to it's no wonder people don't bother going any more

I thought cloverfield was quote good - was kinda blair witchy, but the sense of adrenalin and action and fright was much more apparent.

Last movie I watched was Defiantly, Maybe... was very sweet and soppy, those movies always get me.

#29 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:50 PM

Last 3 I watched.
Last Chance Harvey w/ Dustin Hoffman - it was an ok flick, but kept the same tone the whole film which made it boring in the end.. wife didn't like much either.

Mall Cop - w/ Kevin James - It wasn't a bad movie. But wasn't as funny as I thought (told) it was. overall I was happy with it, but have seen better flicks come out of Happy Madison productions.

Last one -
Defiance w/ Daniel Craig - I picked this one up as a last option to fill out the rent 3 cheap deal. I've never heard anything about it. but at the last minute noticed "true story" and I love true stories. The movie was based on WWII and the Germans taking Jews. This was a "resistance" that hid in the forest and became a community working togeather. Without going into great detail was by far the absolute best movie I'd watched the last 3 weeks. My wife was able to stay up through the entire movie I started it around 11:00pm cause she wasn't interested in it and felt the same way. Stating it was a great movie.

I plan on watching Grand Turino w/ Client Eastwood..

anticipating Transformers 2, and GI Joe. oh and Year one looks funny.

#30 garf03

garf03

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:39 PM

MY BLOODY VALENTINE
not so scary but blood and violence enought for me to love it :D

#31 Waqqas

Waqqas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:24 PM

Inglorious Bastards.

And I didn't like it much. I find it lacking in many aspects. They could have done a much better job with the idea.

#32 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:36 PM

Inglorious Bastards.

And I didn't like it much. I find it lacking in many aspects. They could have done a much better job with the idea.

Are u serious? I think it was a very good movie. :p

On the other hand, Surrogates with Bruce Willis is very very bad in my opinion. Predictable ending, boring action, weak story but Bruce Willis always great hehe

#33 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:42 PM

Some recent movies I watched.

Grand Turino w/ Clint Eastwood. I watched this about 2-3 months ago. It was a well written story with a good ending. And Eastwood even at his age is still a badass. LOL would recomind the rent.

GIJoe - I liked this movie and it had some great action scenes. It does however fall into the "norm" with other action flicks but hey... who can pass up a good action flick w/ explosions and gun fire.

Transformers 2- Loved it. had some good comedy and the graphics were outstanding. The story line was allright and was written nicely without going to out of control.

The Ugly Truth - w/ Katherine Heigl (from Grays anatomy and knocked up) and Gerard Butler (from 300). I wasn't all too excited to watch this "chick flick" but hey my wife puts up with GI Joe and Transformers so I might as well see how it is. I was surprised that I liked it. Not to happy that my 13yr old daughter watched it w/ her friends since it has quite a bit of sexual content and inuindos(sp), no real nudity but not what I want my kid to see. other than that it was adult funny and not to mushy love story. I'd recomend the rent on this as well.

some others I've watched. Snow buddies w/ my 7yr old, Cinderella, Snow White w/ my 3yr old. Can you name all 7 dwarfs w/ out googling it?

#34 Jew

Jew

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:23 PM

Stand And Deliver.

#35 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:23 PM

OK so my wife got a couple movies last night.

My Sisters Keeper - good but sad movie. My wife was crying through almost the entire movie. It's worth renting just be prepared to cry. I'll admite I droped a couple tearns during the movie (and I never do).

The last house on the left - a remake of an older film by the same name. This isn't really a scarry movie but a suspense I'd say. One scene I just couldn't watch which was the rap scene, I just can't stand things like that. I'll say it wasnt' the best movie but it was ok and I liked the end.

Edited by Coy, 19 November 2009 - 05:27 PM.

#36 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:41 PM

OK so last night I was going through what movies we had since nothing was on TV. So I pulled out Bedtime stories w/ Adam Sandler. I have to say that I enjoyed it and the ginipig was just hillarias everytime I saw his big eyes. recomind it for older kids around 7 and up to 100.

#37 mrkyjnky

mrkyjnky

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:20 PM

2012.....and it's far away from my expectation :(

#38 webbyweb

webbyweb

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:29 AM

I had seen few days before 2012.

#39 designedbylele

designedbylele

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:59 AM

I just watched Law Abiding Citizen in cinema. thrilling!
www.designedbylele.com

#40 jamesjeans

jamesjeans

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:27 AM

The last movie i saw was

December 2012

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users