&nsbp;

#1 backedspace

backedspace

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:19 AM

Hello design community!
With new intentions to market myself, I've chosen a business name and started to flush out a design. ...I'm aware that it somewhat resembles the transformer icon, and I'm hoping this isn't as bad, or distracting, as it may seem? :confused:

any feedback would be appreciated, Thanks!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:55 PM

Try using perfect isometry cause I see the top and bottom have different angles. Also try making it into a cube cause the high shaped logo's is not pleasant for eyes cause people have horizontal eyes and rather see wide shape or perfect sqaure but not a high object.

Also use font that is in the same range of your logo and not something totally does not fit in the picture. Cause at the moment is looks like 2 different companies next to each other. And don't add a box around it is does not help and make it less simple.

#3 backedspace

backedspace

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:18 AM

Try using perfect isometry cause I see the top and bottom have different angles. Also try making it into a cube cause the high shaped logo's is not pleasant for eyes cause people have horizontal eyes and rather see wide shape or perfect sqaure but not a high object.

Also use font that is in the same range of your logo and not something totally does not fit in the picture. Cause at the moment is looks like 2 different companies next to each other. And don't add a box around it is does not help and make it less simple.

Hey Chung, thanks for the suggestions! I never considered the idea of wide shapes vs high shapes, interesting. I'll be playing around with this a bit more and post an update.

Thanks!

#4 Guest_Gerhard Schlee_*

Guest_Gerhard Schlee_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

Looks like the Decepticons (from Transformers) icon... http://www.pixelhive...ticons_logo.jpg

#5 PixelFuze

PixelFuze

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:28 AM

I would suggest you also try to make the text next to the icon match. It looks way off right now and not even apart of the logo. Try something more solid and thick as a font.

#6 awhipl

awhipl

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:40 AM

first thing i thought about doing was finding a picture of autobots/decepticons symbol

#7 backedspace

backedspace

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:15 AM

Thanks to all for the feedback.
I've decided to explore new directions, as the consensus of my first version comes too close to a transformers/decepticons icon.

I'm not sure if this is any better, from a design standpoint, but its hopefully an improvement... i tried to make it less vertical, less robot icon-ish.
Posted Image

Posted Image

any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Edited by backedspace, 06 February 2009 - 03:44 AM.
img

#8 Cicy

Cicy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:20 PM

The fifth one in the first row looks more attractive.

#9 LoShu

LoShu

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:16 PM

I think the isometric feel could be applied to these new designs. Apply it to the second logo in the second image. Get the black background to look like it's flipped to the back (like it is now) and get the white letters in isometric look like your first design (Transformers) to pop out to the front. Hope you understand what I mean. ;-)

#10 nsenarathne

nsenarathne

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:25 PM

The sixth one in the first row is more nicer than other ones. think abt.business name font and design. i think its too old school.

#11 mashke

mashke

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:32 AM

It go for number 6, in first picture removed all the clutter and kept it simple :)

#12 will100

will100

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:50 AM

Hi,

I am using Illustrator and Corel for logo conversion and logo creation both.
Please give me some tips about it.

Thanks

Will

#13 .:FMD

.:FMD

• Designer
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

is it just me or does the flat tops of the H and M look a little awkward since the inside of the letters are angled... I like the concept, but I think you should keep at it. I feel that the very first set is probably your best set.

What Chung was saying is that your angles on the top of the HM and the arrow element, are not the same degree/pitch as the bottom of the HM...if you get those the same you will have perfect isometry.

Ill upload to show you what he means.

Edited by .:FMD, 25 March 2009 - 08:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users