• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

Ok so I finally got back around to editing this design today... So I am once again temporarily but hopefully FULLY done lol Critiques please? What could I do better? Do the styles clash? or does it all blend together better?

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:36 PM

I like it better than the last one. But it's just to busy for my taste. which is always subjective lol.. Me personally I'd buy it if it was only the cross and the text. But I could see the younger crowd liking this version. (I'm too old for it. LOL)
Think you could make the layers behind the cross to like 70% transparent.. just to see what it looks like.
  • sharie likes this

#3 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:58 PM

I like it better than the last one. But it's just to busy for my taste. which is always subjective lol.. Me personally I'd buy it if it was only the cross and the text. But I could see the younger crowd liking this version. (I'm too old for it. LOL)
Think you could make the layers behind the cross to like 70% transparent.. just to see what it looks like.

haha well lest see what others think? but do you think it blends together well the styles arend miss matched and or dont weigh out evenly right? Its all even? But actualy hmm i kinda like this 70 percent thing maybe a little bit less transparent.... I will show you what it looks like in a min!

#4 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:22 PM

Ok here it is at 70%

#5 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:23 PM

and at 90 which i like better

#6 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:24 PM

you know what though ima compromise and put it at 85 lol cause it gives just enough pop but NOT to much and it doesnt blend all togher like 90 percent still does
  • sharie likes this

#7 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

haha well lest see what others think? but do you think it blends together well the styles arend miss matched and or dont weigh out evenly right? Its all even? But actualy hmm i kinda like this 70 percent thing maybe a little bit less transparent.... I will show you what it looks like in a min!

I think it blends nicely. It's not all over the place and feels like one unified vision of someones past doings.

I like the Transparency's better.. even at 90%. I prefer the 75% but think a compramise would work at 85%.

#8 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:27 PM

I think it blends nicely. It's not all over the place and feels like one unified vision of someones past doings.

I like the Transparency's better.. even at 90%. I prefer the 75% but think a compramise would work at 85%.

YAA!!!!!!! We like blends! lol Good So what do you get from it? My meaning well bassically the major message is Love and the cross and such basically tomorrow you may die (the skull and the ghostish thing and the chains kinda represent death so Love and do the best you can do in life TODAY because you may be gone tomorrow. And I being Christian The Cross and thorns represent christiantiy for me and you know that jesus died on the cross because of love for us and such so ya... thats MY meaning! but if you get a different message thats ok too as long as you get something! and not confusion

#9 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:09 PM

that's basically the message I'm getting.
Do what you can today. Love and live with the rightousness(sp) that god has show since tomorrow is never promised.
and/or
leave what you've done "yesterday" and live for today.

#10 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:23 PM

OH YA ! lol got the message accross! WOOT lol

#11 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:28 PM

I did get that w/ the first version though. How about a side X side of the first and this one?

#12 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:19 PM

I did get that w/ the first version though. How about a side X side of the first and this one?

something like this! http://joys-study.co...-too-late_0.jpg

#13 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:00 PM

the first variations.
Posted Image

and the second (newer) at 75% on the background.
Posted Image

These latest ones look tons better than before. the 'front' portion isn't getting lost in the background and it's much clearer. Nice step forward.

#14 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:51 PM

Hi there, hope all is well!

I looked at your design this morning, didn't have time to write anything. Coy is spot on with the the transparency levels. The 75% looks great.

Is there detail on the cross? is it wood? it almost looks like wood grain but can't tel for sure, if there is wood grain, even burn wood, I wonder what that would look like a little lighter with less transparency than what is behind the cross itself. I was just curious.

The design as you have it now looks great now and your eye doesn't get loast with the busy background.

sharie

Like us on facebook

#15 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:09 PM

Hi there, hope all is well!

I looked at your design this morning, didn't have time to write anything. Coy is spot on with the the transparency levels. The 75% looks great.

Is there detail on the cross? is it wood? it almost looks like wood grain but can't tel for sure, if there is wood grain, even burn wood, I wonder what that would look like a little lighter with less transparency than what is behind the cross itself. I was just curious.

The design as you have it now looks great now and your eye doesn't get loast with the busy background.

sharie

Yes it does have like a texture to it but I dont want it to show to well um and.... thanks I am so happy you all like it so far! YAAAAAA lol I like it a lot better too!

#16 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:31 PM

WOOOT Now you can buy them at

Estherjoy.spreadshirt.com (literally just joined the site so im working on the stuff....)

#17 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:09 PM

Direct link - tomorrow is too late shirt

#18 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:18 PM

Won't look good spreadshirt can't print something like this at all. There is only a few companies who got the right shirt printer for it and one is in Hong Kong.

#19 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

I'm guessing this will be a digital type print process. A solvent echo (spelling) printer might work. I have seen shirts printed from solvent printers, the transfers look pretty cool, almost a raised like apperance and soft.

If this is screen printed though a white underbase and a printer that reall knows what they are doing. I have not looked at the site yet but the site should have info on what print process they use

sharie

Like us on facebook

#20 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:15 PM

What is spreadshirt good for then? Do you all have some REALLLY good sites for t-shirt selling and printing and such lol?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users