• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:56 PM

Well I found this other cool nifty site! They seem to have more print types and such sooo..... I submitted the design here now i need people to score it when they accepted it and such so that hopefully they will print it! I wonder how hard it is to get it scoreing High to Print it cause thats a lot of money they are claiming to give you if you make it so it must not be toooo easy

Go Here to Score! (Its not been accepted yet but I will remind you all when it is so you can vote or whatever! Thanks so much guys for all your help!

#22 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:38 PM

good luck.

#23 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

good luck.

heh heh thanks..... i am so confused though there are SOOOOOO MANY sites for selling t-shirts i have no clue which one to pic!

#24 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:47 PM

heh heh thanks..... i am so confused though there are SOOOOOO MANY sites for selling t-shirts i have no clue which one to pic!

I think the best way to design for tshirts is to find the place you want to sell them first? That way you will know how to design for that type of printing you are doing. You will need to know if you should create the design for screen printing,digital printing and so also most printers will be 4 color (cmyk) instead of rgb. You will need to know if you should keep your colors sep. layers and so on.

Know this might save you some big headaches later on.

sharie

Like us on facebook

#25 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:35 PM

I think the best way to design for tshirts is to find the place you want to sell them first? That way you will know how to design for that type of printing you are doing. You will need to know if you should create the design for screen printing,digital printing and so also most printers will be 4 color (cmyk) instead of rgb. You will need to know if you should keep your colors sep. layers and so on.

Know this might save you some big headaches later on.

sharie

yup thanks! I compromised this time I made the design into 3 colors with just the cross and lettering and i also have original up there too so if the people want to risk it they can buy that too so instead of selling products im just getting commision of the designs....

My Profile

#26 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:03 AM

What is spreadshirt good for then? Do you all have some REALLLY good sites for t-shirt selling and printing and such lol?

I wished I could help you with that. I work for a couple of different screen printers, each one wants things done a little different but for the most part they are done in cmyk, colors are sep. layers. The design you have here woulod be almost impossible to screen print. I'm sure someone out there could with using halftones and such but the person doing the printing whould really need to know what they are doing and most likely be very expensive. Another thing is when you have a design to be printed on a dark shirt you need a white underbase.

I do have one business I design for that uses different print processes, one is what I mentioned in an earlier post. Solvent print. It is a form of digital printing I think. it is done as a transfer but the end result is very cool looking it is soft and almost raised looking.

I went onto the spreadsheet website and they have a very imformative section on the process they use.

Maybe it might be a goood idea to check out the faqs pages on the different tshirt sites. They should all have a section on the print process they use.

I will look some info up tonight and post links for you to visit.

sharie

Like us on facebook

#27 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:48 AM

This page on spreadshirt shows the print processes they use

Help | Spreadshirt

(I hope this link works

Like us on facebook

#28 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:01 AM

Ya i saw their printing um page already so i am going to stick to vector like prints on that um site and then do the more complex stuff on other sites if i can find some good ones

#29 tsmith

tsmith

• Designer
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:49 AM

I have heard the most good feedback from people with threadless accounts. It is a huge community and you can have moderate success with a little hard work and networking there.

One tip, you might want to change the background of your design to the same color as their shirt template so it looks the same on all browsers, etc. On mine your design bg and the shirt color do not match and it could detract potential buyers.

I reccommend an addon like colorzilla to get the image color off their page (its #231F20) and make it your design background so it matches up and looks neat.

#30 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:56 AM

I have heard the most good feedback from people with threadless accounts. It is a huge community and you can have moderate success with a little hard work and networking there.

One tip, you might want to change the background of your design to the same color as their shirt template so it looks the same on all browsers, etc. On mine your design bg and the shirt color do not match and it could detract potential buyers.

I reccommend an addon like colorzilla to get the image color off their page (its #231F20) and make it your design background so it matches up and looks neat.

Oh ok! oops! Thanks very much for the tip! So have you done any work on that site or just heard from others?

#31 tsmith

tsmith

• Designer
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:59 AM

Oh ok! oops! Thanks very much for the tip! So have you done any work on that site or just heard from others?

No I do not have time, sadly, to play with any t-shirt design. I am plenty preoccupied with other design areas. I have friends who use it frequently and I am on some other forums where it has been discussed (and praised) at times.

#32 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:35 AM

No I do not have time, sadly, to play with any t-shirt design. I am plenty preoccupied with other design areas. I have friends who use it frequently and I am on some other forums where it has been discussed (and praised) at times.

Ah ok Cool! Well I shall see how far this takes me! Its something I really NEVER thought of before!

#33 tsmith

tsmith

• Designer
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:42 AM

Ah ok Cool! Well I shall see how far this takes me! Its something I really NEVER thought of before!

Your success is only limited by the time and effort you can put into it. The passion is obviously there already. There are so many tools out there to support start ups today; Get on facebook, myspace, twitter, etc and start throwing your "brand" out there to special interest groups related to your work (youth groups, churches, etc). Build rapport with them by posting on their pages and interacting with genuine and good hearted messages. Worse comes to worse, you wont sell any product but you will have met some very neat people.

#34 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:52 AM

Your success is only limited by the time and effort you can put into it. The passion is obviously there already. There are so many tools out there to support start ups today; Get on facebook, myspace, twitter, etc and start throwing your "brand" out there to special interest groups related to your work (youth groups, churches, etc). Build rapport with them by posting on their pages and interacting with genuine and good hearted messages. Worse comes to worse, you wont sell any product but you will have met some very neat people.

Which to me is all that matters is the people! lol But you know i got to make al living too! lol Thanks I am vert inspired now! lol! WEEEEE! WOOT! ok im done haha Any way yup I got to get out there and get going!

#35 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:51 AM

Now you all can get theis design at zazzle.com Click my signature link to go to my shop

#36 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:06 AM

Hi

Did you sell any t-shirt yet?

#37 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:21 PM

Fraid not... I think i am going to start a mini blog and challenge myself to design 2 designs a week and blog about it to a blog site that has a community like live journal and or blog.com and so advertise that way and i just orded some quickly busines cards last night like 250 to pass around

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users