• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

Got this in my email today.....

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Inactivity warning
Date: Tue, July 10, 2012 1:31 am
To: barry@thegraphicsguy.com

This email is to notify you that Design Contest only allows <b>2 weeks</b> worth of inactivity on a designer's account, at any time.<br />

We've noticed that there has been no activity on your account for a week, now. If you have not used your account within 1 more week, <b>we will remove 10 % of your rating points</b>.<br />

Don't forget that if you haven't got time to submit any design entries, you can always just post in the DC forums.<br/ >

Thanks for your time<br/ >

From everyone at the Design Contest team

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My iMac is freezing up and right now I've got a half-dozen people scratching their heads as to why. Therefore, I have no vector program to enter a contest or post in a forum even if I wanted to (I'm lucky my sister lets me check my email every so often... She's very posessive about her own computer - even worse than me).

And I have to say... penalizing me for not using my account for only two weeks? What kind of crap is that? No matter what the reason (I might just be on vacation for all you know) is certainly counter-productive and leaves me with no incentive and zero positive influence to even make me want to come back. In fact it kind of pisses me off. Who the hell are you to tell me when I should or shouldn't use my own creative abilities whether it be two weeks or two months? This is an idiotic and stupid rule and I certainly doubt it was from "everyone at the DC team," or you're ALL a bunch of morons. I knew this site would start going right downhill has soon as it was bought-out by people who couldn't spell or even put together a halfway decent sentence structure in English. And your rules are changing all the time - mostly for the worse. I know... Check my designer profile and see how long I’ve been a member here.

Ph, does this count as a forum post?

BarryWH
:)Barry

#2 nhr

nhr

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 394 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

hi everione,
I'll use this thread just to not start new one for similar reason. I got "inactivity warning" message too, but I was active two days ago enterd contest. Looks like your system count only forum activity???

#3 lyndeemarie

lyndeemarie

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

I just got this notification too. Guess they don't count commenting on a contest you are currently working with. They should extend it out to a month. 2 weeks seems a bit short.

#4 Hanami

Hanami

• Designer
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

I did not want to start a new thread, hopefully this is the right place to post it. I have also received a similar message on July 13, while I believe I was active. I think I did not lose any points, so it could just be a temporary bug.

#5 rown

rown

• Designer
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

And today i've got thesame, but yesterday i was uploading my designs, so i think DC you need to change something about that non sense rule.

#6 Rocky30

Rocky30

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

I also have received the same notice. I thought we'd expand it a little more. In my case I have been out and I couldn't connect. :(

#7 nhr

nhr

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 394 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

Got it again. Someone read this?

#8 rown

rown

• Designer
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

Seriously, do something with that. This is annoying if i can't be with you right now, and this is only what i get from you. I think you should encourage more designers not to estrange them with something like this.

Prefer previous dc site better for sure.

#9 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

It is not that difficult to post a comment or start a forum thread. If you are on vacation just let us know and we will mark your account when you plan to be back.

This has been set up for the reason to "help active designers " grow in our designer list. It is NOT fair for active designer to not be able to get into our top designers while non active designers sit idol for months. Our top designers should be active on designcontest. Post a comment in the forums is activity that counts toward your designer points/level it is easy to do and takes only a minute to post

Like us on facebook

#10 rown

rown

• Designer
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

i agree with you Sharie, but all i say is there are better ways to do that by rewarding activity for example

#11 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

In my opinion, DC should extend this period for 1 month or so.
And contests should also count for this "anactivity" warnings.

#12 nhr

nhr

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 394 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Well... Cont this post as activity.

#13 polyesterdress

polyesterdress

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

I agree 100% with BarryWH. The forums are now flooded with necessary posts from people who just need to post to remain active, rather than adding anything relevant to a thread. Also, what's the point of having a forum dedicated to feature requests when the admin just argues with the users? Without users this site is dead.

#14 Legionary

Legionary

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

I think a month would be more reasonable instead of the two weeks but I understand the administrators trying to make use interact more.

#15 arsOrum

arsOrum

• Designer
  • 3035 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Two months is more reasonable also because there are a lot of serious circumstances in Life that could not give the possiblity to use a PC, even for advise.

#16 polyesterdress

polyesterdress

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Better yet, the system should keep track of login dates. I would be okay with the 2 weeks then as I sign in nearly every day.

• Guests

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

hi everione,
I'll use this thread just to not start new one for similar reason. I got "inactivity warning" message too, but I was active two days ago enterd contest. Looks like your system count only forum activity???

If it is true, it is a bug - the system should count both contest entries and forum posts as activity. We will look into this.

#18 rown

rown

• Designer
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:39 AM

Better yet, the system should keep track of login dates. I would be okay with the 2 weeks then as I sign in nearly every day.

yeah, that's the thing. If i'm tracking contest almost everyday how you can tell me i'm not active. I agree with polyesterdress, that should do the work.

• Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

yeah, that's the thing. If i'm tracking contest almost everyday how you can tell me i'm not active. I agree with polyesterdress, that should do the work.

we can have different points of view on this, but for the moment the system will only count as activity two things:
* contest participation
* forum posts

I am sure it is not too difficult for an active member do do this at least once in two weeks.

#20 rown

rown

• Designer
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

yes, thats true it is not difficult, but the thing is that its not the best way to get designers and others to stick with you. Just like this thread here where i'm posting just to be "active" but not puting nothing interesting to the forum life. If not substantive value is your point thats what i think you'll get it that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users