• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 zoned019

zoned019

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 06:53 AM

i've been working really hard at setting up an all-original (customized flashtrak player too, that took a long time!) online interactive resume for myself because i really want to join the design team!

sooo....
here's a sneak peak at what i've accomplished so far.

http://www.zoned.hal.../newintro1.html

constructive criticism is welcome, please post all your thoughts and comments.

thanks!

#2 Blake

Blake

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 10:30 PM

I liked the colors, and background images used on your site. Menu buttons looks very plain and colorless compared to the rest of the website. I would change the effect for a more attractive button (which could be animated too).
I think you should put a section as the home page, because when the page loads, if no button is pressed, there is no content to be seen (for example: profile could launch when the web launchs).
That's it for now, if I find something else to remark I'll post it.

#3 zoned019

zoned019

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 12:55 AM

thanks for your input.
i have been contemplating editing those buttons for some time .. still not sure what to do to them though.
i like your idea of the homepage, in my next update i will be using that i think.

#4 PostDestruction

PostDestruction

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 03:49 PM

Kind of off topic, but your car looks amazing, you done any engine mods? Resume looks good also, although the image quality is poor, what are you saving your images as before you put them in flash?

Regards

PostD

#5 X3Design

X3Design

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:59 PM

I definately like it. Its just way to big for me... I like small and consise. where it doesn't take up the entire screen. Too much to look at... try scaling everything back... coolio.

Z

#6 zoned019

zoned019

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 10:40 PM

well hey guys it's been updated. i sent my application in a week ago and still have no response though.. :-(

#7 aurellius

aurellius

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 06:04 AM

I can tell you do have a lot of talent by seeing your portfolio preview, although that just isn't my preference on style. Sorry! ;) I can say that you do have a lot of talent, and if you keep at it you will be very good. My eyes are just backwards from yours I guess. ;)

#8 zoned019

zoned019

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 03:54 PM

thanks for all the comments guys.

blake, i updated it using your idea, any other input?

postdestruction, i updated it, put all the jpgs at 90%..file size got a little bigger but it's still reasonable, what do you think now?
also, glad you like the car :-D she's my baby. as far as engine mods I haven't done anything extreme, just a cold air intake and throttle body. i'm saving for a cat-back exhaust and some headers next, but funds are short so it'll be probably awhile.

x3design, i updated it, the problem was that flash was playing it in whatever size your browser window was, i changed it now so it opens in a java window and always plays at 100%, never more. so what do you think now?

aurellius, could you expand a little bit? i think i get what you're trying to say, but when someone says they don't like the 'style' i'm thinking i am always looking to improve my work, so i'd like some more suggestion.

thanks!

#9 zoned019

zoned019

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 02:47 PM

*bump
i'd still like some more input from people :D

#10 eapdesign

eapdesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 03:09 PM

Well I definitely think your style is unique and very interesting, and the site is very well done. I know how time consuming and sometimes complicated Flash is. However, I guess the problem I have with it, is to me digital portfolios should be all about your work. I mean yes, make it interesting and make it your style, but let your work stand out and be the main focal point. I just think all the animation, the blue icy type background and everything else is a bit distracting.

I very much like the pattern you have in the background. The problem is thats all I want to look at is that. But, if you watn to keep it that way then the suggestion I would make is punch up your loading screen a little bit, maybe stick an animation on there to keep the viewer interested and excited. Give them a reason to wait for the site to load.

~Liz

#11 Vicki

Vicki

• Designer
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:23 PM

I think the title is a little plain looking, I'm not sure if its the design or just the name of it ;)

But everything looks pretty good...:) I love how the music is really subtle and not overpowering too.

#12 melseom

melseom

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:45 AM

Yeah...i agree about the music....kind a pain relieve...however, the loading part is still kind a "boring" , maybe you could put some short of small animation there...just a thought.Anyway nice work.
:::: www.melseom.com ::::

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users