US & EU support teams

printing shadows makes blocks

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Guest_mevector_*

Guest_mevector_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

it seems that all the other posts are blank or is it just me. if i design somthing with a shadow and place it ontop of a black background it looks ok bu if i export and print to roland it makes a lighter block around the shadow area. any help

#2 asti

asti

• Designer
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

you must avoid drop shadow as much as you can because it's a raster effect. Anyway if you had to use it you can try this :
from options/workspace/general/ resolution -- you can set the resolution of your shadow higher, then, before you export it, brake drop shadow group apart.

#3 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

you must avoid drop shadow as much as you can because it's a raster effect. Anyway if you had to use it you can try this :
from options/workspace/general/ resolution -- you can set the resolution of your shadow higher, then, before you export it, brake drop shadow group apart.

Additionally ..
Try using absolute CMYK (0% 0% 0% 0%) with alpha for opacity instead of greys or RGB.

Try dropping shadow and coverting it to bitmaps before print.- Remember that shadow uses texture transparencies that may be misshandled by some equipments.-

Regards and Success on that,
--
jjy

#4 Javed

Javed

Banned

• Banned
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

Additionally ..
Try using absolute CMYK (0% 0% 0% 0%) with alpha for opacity instead of greys or RGB.

Try dropping shadow and coverting it to bitmaps before print.- Remember that shadow uses texture transparencies that may be misshandled by some equipments.-

Regards and Success on that,
--
jjy

I am Agreed with jjyepez as I am always using Coreldraw, this is the right way to done with the shadow...
Nice tip jjyepez

#5 anantasteyr

anantasteyr

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:13 AM

i rarely use a dropshadow in coreldraw, because that problem. the only way is, move your object to plain texture, or you can delete the background and just leave it on a page size (no background behind object) then use dropshadow, drop down the "shadow feathering" (i use 8 to 10 point of feathering). then select the shadow, Ctrl+K to break apart your shadow with object, then select the shadow only, bitmap it with 100 or 150 dpi. (usualy it works for me).

or you can use bitmap to create a shadow... duplicate your object, fill it with black (100, 100, 100, 100) bitmap it then blurr it. if too solid, you can use a transparency tools to your shadow...

thank you...

#6 zeca

zeca

Banned

• Designer
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

I usually make break dropshadow group apartand then multiply the dropshadow with the background, no print problems

#7 Dalband

Dalband

Banned

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

nice tips Zeca... thanks..

#8 NewAge

NewAge

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

Yup! Breaking apart drop shadow and then converting it to bitmap befor printing is the right way to do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users