What about the new X6?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 KChochev

KChochev

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

Have some of you tried the new CorelDraw X6?
They said there's a lot more improvements in performance than ever before in the previous versions. Some Adobe Illustrator tools are included too e.g. Twirl tool.

Maybe it's time for upgrading the old one?
What is your opinion?

#2 Dalband

Dalband

Banned

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

I still use X5 version...
Maybe it is right that X6 version has alot more imorovement...

#3 Enoka

Enoka

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

I also have the X6 and it looks good. Can't really note the difference from X5 because I used X5 for just a little while and did away with it.

#4 KChochev

KChochev

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

I have watched the video reviews on youtube and I liked it a lot, especially the new tools for work with text. I still use X4.
How about the color profiles that everybody talk about? I will wait to know does the X6 really worth the €350 for upgrade...
Thanks for comments!

#5 xitm4n

xitm4n

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

X6, like Enoka said, isn't too much different from X5, can't really tell if there is substantial difference...

#6 KChochev

KChochev

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

Corel can not open newer file versions. If I have X4 and someone send me X6 instead of EPS or PDF I wont be able to work with the newer version files. So here is the time for upgrade. Upgrade means money, every year new version, new upgrade - nice! ...for Corel :D
Of course it's nice to tell your colleagues/friends that you first have the newest version. It's like a little pursuit here :D

#7 kuci_inc

kuci_inc

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

i'm stuck with x4 for the moment, but if there r substantial differences... maybe i'll give it a try
"All that lives must die"

#8 rajagee

rajagee

• Designer
  • 225 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

"This new version is able to satisfy the needs of professionals and occasional graphic users in search of an affordable solution."

"I really like the Color Styles tool, which allows you to instantly modify the colors of a drawing."

#9 Enoka

Enoka

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

X6 is quite user friendly. You'd expect more complications in any advanced program but this one is easy to handle if you have used lower versions of it.

#10 KoenEdward

KoenEdward

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

If you have use mesh fill tool, you will like X6. There are some improvemnts, especialy for blending mode.

#11 djoshalfa

djoshalfa

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

nothing too significant, the new on X6 are already on AI, and still buggy though :(
if you use corel just for designing logo not for layout/print design stuff X5 are OK I think. :)

#12 zeca

zeca

Banned

• Designer
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Either way one of the big differences, according said to me KoenEdward in another thread is X6 works with 64bit, so improved certainty

#13 KChochev

KChochev

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

Either way one of the big differences, according said to me KoenEdward in another thread is X6 works with 64bit, so improved certainty

I'm going to re-install my current x86 windows with 64 bit one, so maybe I'll get the newer version of Corel. It sounds good.

#14 zeca

zeca

Banned

• Designer
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hi KChochev, I'm also with some curiosity to see the functioning of x6 in 64bit, but unfortunately I have to wait:confused:

#15 LevelOne

LevelOne

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

I do work with X5 and my plotter has only driver compatibility with X5, heard that X6 has some new nice tools to work with bitmap type files, will cross over when my plotter driver updates.

#16 popdan

popdan

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

i use X6 and i wanted to ask u guys for help.Is there any way to stop curves from ¨licking¨ of the work area?for example, if i draw an elipse and i want only a part of it to be visible, what can i do so that the other part wont be visible?any way to do it?

#17 AryawartWork

AryawartWork

Banned

• Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

Whether you’re an aspiring artist or an experienced designer, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 is your trusted graphic design software solution. With its content-rich environment and professional graphic design, photo-editing and website design software, you have everything you need to express your style and creativity with endless possibilities.

#18 AryawartWork

AryawartWork

Banned

• Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

Output to a broad variety of media—from signs and flyers, to business cards, car wraps, web graphics and much more. Re-purpose and share your creations with support for over 100 file formats, including AI, PSD, PDF, JPG, PNG, EPS, TIFF and DOCX.

#19 AryawartWork

AryawartWork

Banned

• Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:11 AM

Work faster and more efficiently
From organizing project assets and accessing the suite’s vast content library anywhere that you have an internet connection, to more quickly identifying available formatting options and removing unwanted areas in photos, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 offers several workflow innovations that help you be more efficient and productive.

#20 AryawartWork

AryawartWork

Banned

• Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:12 AM

New and enhanced! Online content
The refined Corel CONNECT provides users with CorelDRAW memberships quick and easy access to all CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 content, while also helping you to acquire additional content from online vendors. Membership with CorelDRAW is free and is your gateway to a tremendous content library, the latest service packs and hot fixes, and more.
The suite’s content library includes:
• more than 10,000 high-quality clipart images
• several pro-level OpenType font families
• more than 200 content-ready picture frames
• a collection of pattern fills
• more than 2,000 photos
• hundreds of professionally-designed templates, and more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users