• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#121 oxygen

oxygen

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:23 PM

my maskot candidate wants you to be his(maybe her-dont know yet! :p ) valentine:

Update: Image deleted, I posted it to the valentine's card thread, it belongs there.

#122 Cyrogenic

Cyrogenic

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:24 PM

Now that's too cute! :D :D
BAM! I'm here, are you?

#123 DigitalZombie

DigitalZombie

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:32 PM

I like the designs by Sweet, Oxygen and Geek .. Very nice design work .. But they all give me an impression of Children's Art ... Something that looks like it would belong on a site targeted at a younger and less mature audience. Don't take this the wrong way .. I'm not bagging on yalls work .. The work itself is wonderful and well designed .. I've just been tracking this for a few days and looking at the designs and they just don't seem to really represent what I see DC as being. I am not a part of any admin, design team, moderator or owner of DC .. so my opinion counts for very little ..

#124 fac3less

fac3less

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:33 PM

oxygen,

wow. :)

dragonfly - awesome too - the little video screen is spiffy.
David J. ›› Fused Network Management
We offer›› Affordable web hosting, dedicated servers and Real Customer Support
We also support open source ›› Got a project that needs a host? Let us know!
www.fusednetwork.com

#125 oxygen

oxygen

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:59 PM

I like the designs by Sweet, Oxygen and Geek .. Very nice design work .. But they all give me an impression of Children's Art ... Something that looks like it would belong on a site targeted at a younger and less mature audience. Don't take this the wrong way .. I'm not bagging on yalls work .. The work itself is wonderful and well designed .. I've just been tracking this for a few days and looking at the designs and they just don't seem to really represent what I see DC as being. I am not a part of any admin, design team, moderator or owner of DC .. so my opinion counts for very little ..

A part of me agrees with you. DC is something more professional than a baby-child maskot indicates. However when I am drawing something I feel like a child.

The most powerfull weapons for a designer, creativity and imagination, are in the most high level of pureness and clarity in a child's soul.

An example is the continuous usage of childish maskots by Olympic Games host cities. Its because they want to give that feeling even if we are talking about a commercial-marketing and professional sports gala.

#126 fac3less

fac3less

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 11:01 PM

Its a mascot - its supposed to have a 'child-like' style to it. Its not something serious, its just a fun little thing to represent it all.
David J. ›› Fused Network Management
We offer›› Affordable web hosting, dedicated servers and Real Customer Support
We also support open source ›› Got a project that needs a host? Let us know!
www.fusednetwork.com

#127 oasis

oasis

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:09 AM

Late entry...

Posted Image

At first I Had just the one fish, but then I got to thinking since there are ore than one designer involved in DC it might be appropriate to add more fish. As for the windups on the bottom they can be taken off. I just thought they looked cool.

WOW- pretty big too...

#128 jojomarie

jojomarie

Banned

• Banned
  • 1127 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 01:22 PM

Thanks everyone for your creative designs, the contest is officially over. Tomorrow the winner will be posted! Good luck and be sure to enter our other community contests. There will be more running at one time to increase your chances of winning!!

#129 jojomarie

jojomarie

Banned

• Banned
  • 1127 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:22 PM

Hello everyone, I am sure you are anxious to find out the winner for the new DC mascot. Being that we had so many fantastic entries for this contest, we have 3 winners!! The winners are dragonfly, sweet and geek, congratulations to you all. We will be incorporating your designs into DC where suited. Please visit the other and upcoming contests as anyone can win!!

#130 oxygen

oxygen

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:48 PM

Gongratulations to the winners! Well done!

#131 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 1076 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:50 PM

Thanks everybody!!! I had great fun with this contest!

#132 SwEEt

SwEEt

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 03:38 PM

thnks a lot, i enjoyed this contest a lot! :p
let me know if you need my mascot as illustrator.eps

SwEEt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users