Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

How to create a curved segment node -Cusp, symmetric or smooth and edit control point

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 musaver786

musaver786

Banned

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

Hi Friends,

Using pen tool I have to press Alt + click again at the node while drawing to create a cusp node.

My method is - Select Pen tool - left click for first node and drag to achieve desired curved segment - release mouse button - press again left click for second node at desired position and drag control handle to create desired curve - then Alt click at second node for cusp node - continue in this fashion for rest of the curved segments as shown in my example.

Is it possible to draw and edit control points for a cusp, smooth or symmetric node simultaneously in a single stretch while drawing curved segments with the help of some other shortkey combinations but without pressing again S for smooth/symmetric or Alt click node for a cusp or F10 for edit later?

Thanks,

#2 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

I don't use pen tool when shaping in CorelDraw, so I can't help you with your problem.....

I find it is easier to control the shape using this method (especially freestyle drawing)...maybe you should try it yourself.

http://www.designcon...utorials-2.html

Edited by morabira, 15 November 2012 - 07:18 AM.

#3 mofya

mofya

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

The bezier tool is the best when it comes to drawings. It gives you the flexibility of precise nodes and curves using the node conversion tools. I usually place guides on the page and use those to define my bezier points and node adjustments.

#4 rajagee

rajagee

• Designer
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

musaver786 thanks for sharing, please check this link more clear curve segment : How to create a curved segment node -Cusp, symmetric or smooth and edit control points in a single stretch as we draw? - CorelDRAW.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users