&nsbp;

#1 pukkadesigns

pukkadesigns

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:17 PM

hello.

just wanted to say that i feel it would be fair if the non-profit contests were off-limits to design-team-members, since their design contests are more frequent, than the non profit ones, and as a result, it gives non-design team members a chance of winning.

I wouldn't mind turning into a vermilion goldfish//Henri Matisse

• Guests

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:10 PM

actually everybody is allowed to take part in non profit contests. You don't have to be a Design Team member to participate there!

#3 illumina

illumina

Guru

• Designer
  • 2714 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 05:01 PM

Sergey, I think pukka is trying to say that design team members shouldnt be allowed to participate in them :D

• Guests

Posted 13 March 2006 - 05:09 PM

... why not? would it be fair towards them?

#5 pukkadesigns

pukkadesigns

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:26 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks for getting back to me on this topic.

The thing is, i feel that it is not fair to the non-team members that the design team members partake in the non profit contests, because there are very few non profit contests, whereas in the areas where non-design team members cannot participate, there is an abundance of contests.

Gosh, that sounds like a tongue twister.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that since there are more frequent contests for the dsign team members, and not for the non members, it would be fair to designate the non profit only for non team members, since really, that's all they've got.

I ask this not to be unfair to anyone, but to be fair to those who don't have many chances of competing in contests, because of a lack of them.

#6 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:35 PM

I understand your point:).... but it is also unfair to cut off design team members for the CONTEST holders........just because its non profit doesn't mean they, the contest holders should receive a different level of service from DC......:)

#7 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:52 PM

The more Competition the better... I think competing with the design team members will force you to boost your level of design.... and overall make you a better designer. But hey it's not up to me ....let the site crew decide.... nothing bothers me, it's all good ;)
www.uniment1.com :: Design Services

#8 pukkadesigns

pukkadesigns

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:32 PM

Thanks for your feedback!

Rinaldi: but the design team members do have an advantage over the non members as it is. They have more contests, and higher prize values to boot.

Naturally, i dont want to be unfair, so perhaps if there was a way to increase the number of contests in the non-profit section, it may balance things out for non-DT members.

Because of a lack of contests in NP & Community areas, i feel like those who do have access to lots of contests are accessing the limited supply that non-DT members have.

I keep checking the non-profit and community areas for contests, and the last contest in non-profit was the ciklidi.org (expired Jan 23, nothing new since), and the DC Wine Label (which I believe is the only active contest in the community area).

Unless im mistaken, that makes 1 active contest for non-members, compared to all the active ones in the Design team areas.

All I want to do is design and test my skills against other members. Like Uniment1 said, the more competition, the better. Afterall, I joined this site to exercise my skills, and I hope that my request for more contests can be met.

#9 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:12 AM

Rinaldi: but the design team members do have an advantage over the non members as it is. They have more contests, and higher prize values to boot.

Yes but I still think that the point made about fairness to the Contest Holders stands, even if this is true as well.

#10 pukkadesigns

pukkadesigns

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:20 PM

Hey Alex,

How about the other points I brought up. What are your thoughts on them?

Thanks! :-)

#11 Al3x

Al3x

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:50 PM

Thanks for your feedback!

Well if the design team have other projects going on then doesn't that mean they have less time to complete each and ervy single one of them to the best of their ability.

#12 pukkadesigns

pukkadesigns

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:53 PM

Well if the design team have other projects going on then doesn't that mean they have less time to complete each and ervy single one of them to the best of their ability.

Hey Al3x,

One would assume so, but I base my case on what I am seeing and experiencing, and not solely on assumptions.

It would be nice to have more contests in the areas alotted to non DT team members, those being the non-profit and community areas.

Reason for this is that non DT members only have one active contest, in contrast to multiple active contests going on in DT member-designated areas.

PS: Rinaldi: thanks for understanding what i was aiming at.

#13 Al3x

Al3x

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:59 PM

^ I do see your point, I don't know why you just don't apply to become part of the design team then.

#14 nyxxie

nyxxie

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:14 PM

I felt the same way when I wasn't on the design team, I still feel that way which is why I try not to take part in community or non-profit contests. I don't think that the Design Team should be restricted to the non-profit contests, for the same reason that rinaldidesigns said. It's not fair to the contest holders to be denied another level of creativity. But if everyone that participates in the non-profit and community contests are one day hoping to be accepted onto the Design Team, then I see don't see a reason why there shouldn't be some healthy competition.

#15 illumina

illumina

Guru

• Designer
  • 2714 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:49 PM

We have absolutely no control over how many non-profit contests are submitted. The people who run non-profit organizations are in control of that. If designers want to participate in more contests, they can always apply to be a member of the design team.

#16 karimbharwani

karimbharwani

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:51 PM

I'm new here..just joined today...and I was wondering how you become a design team member to compete for the paying contests??? Can anyone help??

#17 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:54 PM

Hi & welcome to DC:)
here is a link as to how to to join team :)
http://www.designcontest.com/join.php

#18 karimbharwani

karimbharwani

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:56 PM

aight, thanks rinaldidesigns!

#19 pukkadesigns

pukkadesigns

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:04 PM

Illumina & Al3x: I do plan on applying on being part of the DT team, but was told I cannot do so for 2 months. Why so long? I dont know, but I am counting the weeks...

Illumina: Sure you do! How about promoting DC to charity orgs? That will definitely attract more charities to come to DC and hold nonprofit contests.
Perhaps encouraging DT members to host contests in the community section may also increase the number of active contests.

Nyxxie: Thanks for your sensitivity, I knew i wasn't the only one who felt the way I do :-)

#20 Sharpie

Sharpie

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:55 PM

I am on pukkadesigns side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users