difference posts and pages wordpress

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 OneDes

OneDes

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

WordPress beginners often confuse post and pages. WordPress has two content types, both posts and pages have similar dashboard fields.
Posts are timely, they are published with date and time considered so that the latest post displays last. Posts are mainly used in blogs for this reason. They are content entries listed in a blog’s home page in a reverse chronological. Posts can be organized by categories and tags. Posts are syndicated through the RSS feeds. They can also be used socially, as you can share posts on Twitter, Facebook, etc.. Posts have built in feature for commenting.
Pages are timeless entities, and static, mainly used for a purposed page such as “about us” “contact us” pages, etc... Pages are not included in RSS feeds by default. They are not meant to be shared socially on social networks. Pages are hierarchical, so you can have a sub pages within your page. You can create custom page templates with your theme to customize the look of your page. You can customize the order of pages assigning a value number.

#2 anirban09p

anirban09p

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:24 AM

Often WordPress beginners get confused between posts and pages. By default, WordPress comes with two content types, posts and pages. As a beginner, you are probably wondering what is the difference between them? It seems to have similar fields in the dashboard. It seems to look the same on the website. Why do I need both? When should I use posts? When should I use pages? In this article, we will explain the difference between posts vs. pages in WordPress.

#3 emilyjones

emilyjones

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:34 AM

a useful post!

#4 Layla01

Layla01

• Client
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:49 AM

I found a YouTube video tutorial that describes the difference between the posts and pages in WordPress... Hopefully, this is going to be useful!

#5 stephensmith

stephensmith

• Client
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:36 AM

I know wordpress as good cms in search engine and web development.This question made me to think. Post shows for creating blog and page for website.

Agriya|web development|clone scripts

#6 Mentorshouse

Mentorshouse

• Client
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:00 AM

you are correct friend post and pages are different in word press cms in post you will have to give more content in description section for describing your post and  add a appropriate category for  your post from  which your post is related .In the other end pages title length is 75 characters and description length should be 165 characters .

#7 RajGawdi

RajGawdi

• Designer
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:31 AM

As wordpress comes with two content types: pages and posts.

Posts are in reverse order on your blog page. They can be categorised and also timely. You can customize visualization of posts. Posts can be found in recent posts, archieves, RSS feed of a blog etc. Social share plugins are used to allow users to share posts in social media networks like Facebook, Twitter etc.

Pages are static and do not vary with time. They are in hierarchies and do not use tags or categories. You can anytime go back and update the pages. Pages are not meant to be social in most cases thus does not include social sharing buttons, or comments.

#8 safiy

safiy

• Client
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:59 AM

Yes.. Me too confused about that once. Pages are for the main page of your website such as home, about us, services etc. The post is for blog updation. They are content entries displays in reverse order as like what you see for blog pages. The latest blogs will display first and old entries go back.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: difference, posts and pages, wordpress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users