Got rejected

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 michaelmc

michaelmc

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

Hope I don't make a mistake by posting a logo that has been rejected while the contest is ongoing.
Please give me some critics, where I did wrong, what I could have done to make it better etc. I kinda know what the problems are but I want the opinion from some people who are in this "game" for quite a long time. It's my first day around here and I was expecting this things but it's good because this is how we grow.
Thank you and excuse my misspellings if any.
Attached File  logo.png   35.93KB   109 downloads

#2 Routh

Routh

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 705 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

sometimes you make a great design but its the opposite of what ch has in mind.....keep trying and you'll be where you want to be..being a newbie and Amateur and iv'e learnt a lot great deal from here....and i'm still learning and improving...there are lots to learn from lots of great people here...and good luck :)

#3 lizonil

lizonil

Guru

• Designer
  • 1720 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

Routh is right. There is nothing obviously wrong with it, it is very nice actually. Re read the brief, do not be influenced by the other designers. But sometimes, the CH just simply has a different taste to yours. Don't worry, I have had hundreds of designs rejected, some that I really thought were great too!! Don't be disheartened or let it put you off. Keep trying and keep learning... and good luck : )

#4 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

I agree with the others. Although I would add that it may be a little too complex and the format isn't as versatile as it could be. It's good work though - each element is well implemented and the colour choice is good.

Keep at it - you'll have success, it's just a matter of time :)

#5 lizonil

lizonil

Guru

• Designer
  • 1720 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

Yes, Gary is right, it is pretty complex for a logo. Think of famous logos and how simple they are, Nike, Apple, Shell, etc. : )

#6 lizonil

lizonil

Guru

• Designer
  • 1720 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

I have just read the brief on this... the CH says he wants something more than a 2D design as he could do that himself in illustrator and photoshop. So that's where you have gone wrong I guess. This CH has not rated many designs, so it is a toughy. Don't beat yourself up over it. : )

#7 michaelmc

michaelmc

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

Thank you all for the replies and for your constructive opinions.
I'm sorry I didn't have time to check your posts, I'm passing through a difficult period, just lost my job and I'm dedicating almost all my time in finding another one or trying to come up with ideas to make some money.

You're right, it's hard to get into CH's mind and see what's the design that he considers to be the perfect one. I'm glad that, even though I'm a beginner, I'm on the right track and with lots of learning and a good amount of patiente I will be, someday, among you, with many medals and lots of beautiful and clever designs (and some money in my pockets).

#8 Jaraigo

Jaraigo

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

Sometimes you win, and sometimes you learn, either way is good

#9 mitzbebz

mitzbebz

Banned

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:03 AM

I think everybody have different taste or it didn't just what the CH wanted for its company to represent. I think there are some great designers here... I'm keeping an open mind so I won't be discourage by some critic. I think we're all artist here.

#10 nandniluz

nandniluz

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:56 AM

Great design . Love it.. Conveys the concept clearly

#11 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

Looks good maybe a bit too much stuff for small prints as I can imaging the small icons inside the green might dissappear when printing it small. But from what I have learned you can never be sure about your clients taste mostly 90% have really bad taste often chooses the one that you just ruffly made the last moment which has the least concept behind it while the rest looks much better. Just learn from it and improve to get to know the taste of certain clients.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users