Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

How to make a rounded corner Business Card?

business card

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 galib1992ict

galib1992ict

• Designer
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

Hi! I am going to make a rounded corner Business Card with Illustrator. But how can I round it's corner where it's background appears till the bleed mark? And also how to apply mock up as rounded corner?
  • lalelemu likes this

#2 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

Try selecting the background, then Object>Path>Offset Path... then type 0.125 inches (or 3mm). Is that what you are looking for?

Do you mean those Photoshop mockups?
  • lalelemu likes this

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:30 PM

Another thing to remember

When making this check with the the print company you may need to submit the card with normal corners and the print company themselves cut the card with rounded corners. It is ALWAYS important to check print specs from the print comapny
  • lalelemu likes this

Like us on facebook

#4 galib1992ict

galib1992ict

• Designer
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

Sorry this process makes my bleed rounded. But not the bleed, I want to round the corner that will remain till the last after printing. Most likely this Print Templates - Sleek Rounded Corner Business Card | GraphicRiver .
And mock up also with PS. Thank you for reply.
  • lalelemu likes this

#5 galib1992ict

galib1992ict

• Designer
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

When making this check with the the print company you may need to submit the card with normal corners and the print company themselves cut the card with rounded corners. It is ALWAYS important to check print specs from the print comapny

I think there is an special thing which will bear the command to cut this card with rounded corners. If not then only say how to extract my card from bleed which can I use to aply mock up.
  • lalelemu likes this

#6 zikokiz

zikokiz

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

thanks
  • lalelemu likes this

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

I think there is an special thing which will bear the command to cut this card with rounded corners. If not then only say how to extract my card from bleed which can I use to aply mock up.

So you want to create mockup and your question is NOT about the actual printing....

One method is to use the square rounded marquee shape on the bleed, click on inverse under "select " menu and click delete you should then have a the shape you want with full bleed

Or am I still not understanding what your question is?
  • lalelemu likes this

Like us on facebook

#8 galib1992ict

galib1992ict

• Designer
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:05 PM

Thank you. I solved it.
  • lalelemu and Padma90 like this

#9 ptu12

ptu12

• Designer
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:42 PM

Thanks for sharing your experiences
  • lalelemu likes this

#10 Sergheiev

Sergheiev

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:11 AM

On illustrator there's a "rounded rectangle tool" select it and double click on the canvas, a window appears and you can input the size you want and the radius of the corners, you can import the rectangle to photoshop and mask your card design
  • lalelemu likes this

#11 galib1992ict

galib1992ict

• Designer
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

On illustrator there's a "rounded rectangle tool" select it and double click on the canvas, a window appears and you can input the size you want and the radius of the corners, you can import the rectangle to photoshop and mask your card design

Yes. I am following this process. After mocking up my card I release the mask. Thank you for a helpful mind
  • lalelemu likes this

#12 Flyin

Flyin

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:45 AM

Its the same process for having just one sided corner or two sided corners as well.

P.S: Use pathfinder
  • lalelemu likes this

#13 Lutta

Lutta

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

Thanks sharie. i didnt know of this until now.
  • lalelemu likes this

#14 serexzo

serexzo

• Designer
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

Thanks sharie. i didnt know of this until now.

ohhh... NOTED.... Thanks...
  • lalelemu likes this

#15 Padma90

Padma90

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:08 AM

Thank you. I solved it.

hey, Can you please explain How to get rounded corners when creating a business card ?

PS: i'm using illustrator CS

• lalelemu likes this

#16 ketrao4kolob1

ketrao4kolob1

• Client
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 02:40 PM

Good article!

#17 alexcray

alexcray

• Designer
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 February 2024 - 04:54 AM

Hi! I am going to make a rounded corner Business Card with Illustrator. But how can I round it's corner where it's background appears till the bleed mark? And also how to apply mock up as rounded corner?

Choose a template or start from scratch, incorporating your logo, text, and other branding elements. Pay attention to bleed areas and safe zones to ensure important information doesn't get cut off during printing.

#18 alexcray

alexcray

• Designer
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 February 2024 - 02:26 AM

Set the document size to the standard business card dimensions (e.g., 3.5 x 2 inches) with bleed (e.g., 0.125 inches on each side). You can do this by entering these values in the "Width" and "Height" sections, and choosing "Bleed" from the "Units" dropdown menu in the "New Document" window.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: business card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users