• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 zooley

zooley

• Designer
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:53 PM

Off topic: Transylvania you say, adecalea zona Dracula? :D

din Ardeal mai bine zis, chiar nu departe de Bran-Brasov. (~60km) :)

#22 ulahts

ulahts

• Designer
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:00 PM

Bucuresti here! :)

#23 zooley

zooley

• Designer
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:19 PM

Imi pare bine. Glad to know that, and i must say that i admire your work (sitepoint etc.)

#24 inra

inra

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:11 AM

I have CorelDRAW X3 in my computer and now i'm working with illustrator CS3...if i compare those 2 software, i'd prefer illustrator becouse of those colour blend and transparancy options...those we can't find in CorelDraw even X3...I hardly admit it...(3years corelDraw Exp)

#25 ulahts

ulahts

• Designer
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:15 AM

Corel has blends also, no worries. Meshes as well, though in illo the Mesh tool is more accurate.
Transparencies, yes, there is a real issue in corel. I prefer Corel for logos but that's because i am faster on corel.

One of the things that i love on illustrator is the fact that you can map a symbol on a 3D effect....

#26 inra

inra

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:23 AM

Corel has blends also, no worries. Meshes as well, though in illo the Mesh tool is more accurate.
Transparencies, yes, there is a real issue in corel. I prefer Corel for logos but that's because i am faster on corel.

One of the things that i love on illustrator is the fact that you can map a symbol on a 3D effect....

Yeah...i forgot the 3D effect...still learn illo..lol :o

#27 romelito36

romelito36

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:11 PM

I'm using Corel Draw since the first time I work on design/layout projects. But most of others designer i know are using Illustrator! What do you think what are the advantages of both. Please share your experience - maybe someone knows both programs.
Thx for your comments :)

hi there, corel draw is the best software we have now a days not only for design and for technical reasons
for design you can also make design photo editing, emboss, actual size, vanishing and 3d design using this software the same with illustrator and photoshop you can make things like the animation movie now a days toy story and more also you can save it to psd, illustrator file, jpg and other also yo can inport things from word or text the same lay out and the best part corel is compatible to all machines like cnc, trotec laser, waterjet, digital imaging, plotter and other computerize machines if you want send me your email il send you some design made from corel just to find out

#28 romelito36

romelito36

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:19 PM

The choice between Illustrator and Corel Draw is mostly about personal preference and what the user has been accustomed to over the years. Consequently, any opinion will contain a degree of bias. And so if you are a new to the game, your best bet would be to try them both.

I like the way Corel Draw handles positioning and precision. As far as I know, with Illustrator there is no easy way to place an object precisely at a desired position. Simplest example would be centering an object. The same goes for selection, a bit tedious using Illustrator.

On the other side, Illustrator is nice and handlier for quick formatting options. I don't like all the palettes/toolbars but I am sure a lot of people find them feasible.

Exporting; is another issue I believe Corel Draw is good at. Corel draw can export to a very long list of different formats. I am not sure how it is with Illustrator.

If I am wrong in any of what I aforementioned. Please correct me!

well your right because illustrator cannot give the right position and the color but corel can give 100% color from RGB, CMYK and pantone color. if you want to see the right color look for the color management then click the turn off button you will see the differents from the color you made

#29 romelito36

romelito36

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:28 PM

corel draw is the best software 100% true color, technicals, all works one frame, photo enhansing, text enhansing, 2d and 3d, machines friendly from small to laser, its very easy..... try it now il help you........

#30 geniuslogo

geniuslogo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:34 PM

Hello everyone!
My first vector program is CorelDraw, but now i'm very good with Illustrator too.
I love logo design :) and for making the logos Corel is very fast. When I want to open some CDR file in Illustrator I always export firt in EPS format, for me that way is much better then exporting in AI file, of course all colors must be flat.
Who is a great designer will be good whatever program use :D
Sorry people for my tarzan english :o
Milos

#31 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:18 PM

I use Corel, but I'm trying to learn Illustrator. Has some nice effects, but it's easier to draw in Corel.

#32 xxttaa

xxttaa

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:52 PM

I really like Corel:) There are layers, but I don't find it in AI. (can you help me? :D)
I think Corel is more user-frandly, than AI.

#33 monospaced

monospaced

Banned

• Banned
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:01 PM

There is absolutely no comparison. CorelDraw is probably about four years behind Illustrator in technology. Illustrator can export any format available (including the current PDF outputs for the newest press technologies) which Corel couldn't and wouldn't purchase the licensing for.

Adobe has, hands down, the most complete and comprehensive color-management controls of any software company. Everything CorelDraw includes is a modification of something Illustrator has had for years. Nothing matches the power and ease and control of and Adobe product.

The industry standard is Adobe based, and anyone considering working in a design firm or advertising agency (or any creative position) should learn Illustrator. Not a single print house or creative firm will accept or tolerate anything created from CorelDraw unless it is exported as a print-ready PDF or, possibly, an EPS with no effects.

There is no comparison in the real-world. CorelDraw will never match Illustrator.

#34 POVservices

POVservices

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:46 PM

CorelDraw is my particular addiction. I started using 10 or 12 years ago (CorelDraw 4). Just experimenting at first, you know, a simple business card, a quarter page ad. Then I went on to bigger, harder stuff; newsletters, logos and catalogs. Now I'm using CorelDraw X3 and it's out of control! I can't stop. I've tried to get help, but it's no use!

Seriously, CorelDraw is a great program and so is Illustrator. I never understood the banter over program superiority, but for some reason there is an undertone out there (the graphic arts world) that poo-poos the professionalism of CorelDraw. I don't get it. It's just another way to "judge" people.

Question: If you posted two images next to each other, one created using CorelDraw and another created with Illustrator, which one would be better?

Answer: The one that is designed better.

It's the product, not the process.

#35 baiskee

baiskee

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 915 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:00 AM

+1

I believe that these applications are just tools for us designers. PERIOD.

Same goes with MACs and PCs. ;)
LOGOWORX

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have; rather remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.”

#36 zooley

zooley

• Designer
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:08 PM

I don't get it. It's just another way to "judge" people.

Question: If you posted two images next to each other, one created using CorelDraw and another created with Illustrator, which one would be better?

Answer: The one that is designed better.

It's the product, not the process.

Well said POVservices.

#37 smith.lachandri

smith.lachandri

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:27 PM

hey i need some immediate feedback about corel draw x3 graphics suite. i'm so used to deleting pinpoints in illustrator that i'm just lost. i need some info on how to clean up graphics without relying on illustrator standbys. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! Artist in distress.

#38 monospaced

monospaced

Banned

• Banned
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:48 PM

Pinpoints? Do you mean anchors? Why can't you just use Illustrator instead, if that's what you're used to?

I'm a die-hard Illustrator user, and when I hear stuff like this it's hard to believe it when anyone says that CorelDraw is easier to use.

#39 smith.lachandri

smith.lachandri

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:57 PM

thnx for the feedback. in corel they are called nodes instead of anchors. i'm using them for my new job and corel is what my employer prefers even though i could probably do illustrator in my sleep.

i'd prefer illustrator but i'm learning some new techniques in corel. i guess i just have to slowly withdraw from the illustrator frame of mind. thnx for the advice.

#40 mattgfx

mattgfx

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:08 PM

When I first got into Graphic Design I tried using Corel I didn't really like it. I don't know what it looks like now prolly a bit better than in 2000. I always remember at first how much I liked the way Illustrator worked, tons of options and even more ways to do the same thing. It may be a preference, what you like and It might be for some a good idea to learn both. But seriously Illustrator is hands down the most pro and powerful tool to use. Just being adobe alone and now that they merged with the macromedia line its not even a contest anymore.
I don't think I would say Corel isn't professional, but compared to Ill cs3 its a kids toy. Oh and if you took the same designer to create something in each of these to their ful potential I bet illustrator would win, even if you don't use the adobe bridge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users