• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#41 Alliedscape

Alliedscape

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:52 PM

For me both are best, in corel you get a chance to work in speed and in illustrator there is a better option for colors.
AlliedScape | INDIA

#42 robyn

robyn

Banned

• Banned
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:33 AM

Hello, I am more in Corel since it more easier and friendlier... illustrator is also cool... it has lots of plug-ins that I can experiment with.

Could you refer me as to where can I get more Corel brushes?

'til then.
Good Designs = Profit
:cool: my works

#43 novaworks

novaworks

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:22 PM

i use corel for years...and i must say, corel its easy than ilustrator yes

#44 designedbyelise

designedbyelise

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:09 PM

I always find that professionals I have encountered (including myself) prefer use of illustrator because Adobe creates several industry-standard design programs and has over a decade of developing for us. Corel produces one design program (vs. a creative suite like Adobe) and is not as easily integrated with other industry solutions such as Flash, Photoshop, InDesign, etc. Using Illustrator vs. CorelDraw may be a tactical design choice, but the strategic answer is Illustrator because of its use with other Adobe products, its similarity and consistency with other Adobe products and the support Adobe provides for their suite of products.

If I do decide to go outside of Adobe, its generally because a product is far superior rather than merely comparable.

#45 georgian

georgian

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

i use to work with ai and since i have started working in an advirtising company, i start using cd - it was easy to make the change. now i mostly use cd, and i think that i use ai for more artistic works, but i think is a question of what interface you get to know better.

#46 georgian

georgian

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:12 PM

...and about cd, you can make buttons and edit them here, then export .html - i find that relly usefull ( i am not shure if you can do that in ai )

#47 adman79

adman79

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:12 AM

Corel is exellent for editing curves. Illustrator has exellent type tools (supports all OpenType features like small caps, ligatures etc.) + optical kerning! So I use them both (installed script that lets simply copy/paste everything between Corel & Illustrator - if you want it, drop me a line).

Colors and color management in Corel may be just as great as in Illu. or Photoshop. Simply set up Corel to use color profiles from Adobe's folder!

#48 ulahts

ulahts

• Designer
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:22 AM

Corel is exellent for editing curves. Illustrator has exellent type tools (supports all OpenType features like small caps, ligatures etc.) + optical kerning! So I use them both (installed script that lets simply copy/paste everything between Corel & Illustrator - if you want it, drop me a line).

Colors and color management in Corel may be just as great as in Illu. or Photoshop. Simply set up Corel to use color profiles from Adobe's folder!

That would be very helpful.
Usually i can copy and paste from Corel to illo but some objects are rendered.
Can you detail a little bit about the script you are using?

#49 adman79

adman79

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:39 AM

Ulahts> here it is (for free & with details how to install):

Copy To Adobe Illustrator

Hope it helps

#50 ulahts

ulahts

• Designer
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:43 AM

Absolutely thank you! :)

#51 zooley

zooley

• Designer
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:01 AM

regarding Corel macros, here are some other useful sites with Corel related macros, tools, patches:

hxxp://www.hotlinkfiles.com/browse/wOxxOm/121247_8T9lO
hxxp://recentfiles.netfirms.com/
hxxp://corelvba.com/index.php?get=macros_corel
hxxp://www.antipoetics.com/coreldraw/tools/cdrtoolsx3.html

#52 noelevz

noelevz

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:52 AM

Although many people say that Illustrator is more professional, for me, I still use CorelDraw because for it's ease of use. It's basically more user friendly. It gets the job done for me. :)
please visit my site: Designer’s Depot: the best source for artists, designers and art lovers.

#53 adman79

adman79

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:45 PM

Although many people say that Illustrator is more professional, for me, I still use CorelDraw because for it's ease of use. It's basically more user friendly. It gets the job done for me. :)

I think it doesn't matter what others say. Right thing is to use tools that fit YOU best. You can create fabulous designs with Ai, Corel, Indesign, Xara - because design isn't about software you use; it is about ideas.

#54 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:01 PM

I think it doesn't matter what others say. Right thing is to use tools that fit YOU best. You can create fabulous designs with Ai, Corel, Indesign, Xara - because design isn't about software you use; it is about ideas.

well - unless you're working with a small print vendor that only uses the adobe suite

#55 adman79

adman79

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:20 PM

well - unless you're working with a small print vendor that only uses the adobe suite

Most of the time "cross-software" file formats (like pdf, eps) seems to do the job... at least for me:) Sure it depends on design complexity, etc. I feel, in a perfect world print vendor should adjust to designer the way brickie adjusts to architect:)) But never had gut to say that to my print vendors:)

#56 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:38 PM

Most of the time "cross-software" file formats (like pdf, eps) seems to do the job... at least for me:) Sure it depends on design complexity, etc. I feel, in a perfect world print vendor should adjust to designer the way brickie adjusts to architect:)) But never had gut to say that to my print vendors:)

it does depend on the job - straightforward line art isn't a problem - but with features that are unique to specific software (even versions of software) it can produce some pretty poor results.

The print industry in the US is kind of strained - so a lot of smaller places have a hard time keeping up with the newest software versions - the cost of the software itself and also the machines to run the new software and new training for prepress. A lot of times they prefer to stick with the "industry standards". I know a label place in Boston that only started taking InDesign a couple years ago. They STILL don't have someone that can really manipulate the files, though.

#57 pixobox

pixobox

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:51 PM

i think the most important thing is to know the program,i've started with Corel Draw a few years ago and i remember that it was really easy to understand the program.Now i've been working with AI and i'm still learning working with the program,but i'm already comfortable with the tools of AI,and just love the way you can integrate it with other adobe products.

#58 Aadil

Aadil

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

hello!
thanks to all of u for haring such good knowledge......over all mostly people use CS4 for design and projects yeah thats really good but 2 some extent but Coral draw is very fine..

#59 hattori

hattori

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:34 PM

corelDraw is much intuitive than illustrator, which can make me very frustrated when i have to do something new, so i'm using it just to color the curves i make in corelDraw,
it has some nice functions i don't have in CD.

#60 Aadil

Aadil

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:46 PM

exactly corl drw carries some very useful tools, illustrator works well but i have not found it that much user friendly... many designers are still working on corl n they believe its kinda more easy to create design here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users