• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:13 PM

This is by far the biggest issue with DC! I have noticed several contests where the CH doesn't provide ANY feedback to the designers nor do they give ratings to any of the designs. Then all of a sudden, the contest is over and a winner is chosen. How are you suppose to know if you're providing the client what they're looking for, or improve your designs? This is so frustrating! CH should be required to rate or eliminate ALL designs.

This is NOT an issue with DC, it is a common issue will ALL crowd sourcing sites. I have said MANY times that we can't force the contestholder to rate or give feedback. It is "STRONGLY" encouraged though

Like us on facebook

#22 Trish

Trish

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:12 AM

I totally agree with the rate or eliminate idea - some CHs seem to start off rating and then stop. It's a great service for the money - the high level of competition presents so many options for the CH but it's tough for the designers - it's a good way to improve and update design skills - but it hurts to be totally ignored when time has been spent - sometimes quite a lot! I am enjoying it but it's tough!

#23 yaheadcreate

yaheadcreate

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:23 PM

Recently I was in a contest where the CH was very vocal about what he did/did not like about my entries: it was so helpful! In the end, we were able to come up with the winning design -- together. Contests should be more of a group effort between CH and designer. Maybe there can be some kind of incentive offered to CH in exchange for feedback. I understand you can't MAKE them do it but maybe you can strongly support it.

#24 MitchellHepburn

MitchellHepburn

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:45 AM

Hmm. It is really frustrating for designers to not receive a proper rating for their designs but I'm not sure forcing the CH to rate and give feedback is the right approach. Especially seeing as many of the contests on this site get up to 300 entries. That would be incredibly frustrating to have to go through, especially when the CH is the one paying to have the work done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users