Movies to recommend!

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 indreamo

indreamo

• Designer
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

I've watched Gravity recently - totally amazing and breathtaking picture. But, as cobalt said - you have to watch in the cinema, even better - in IMAX. I don't know that many English adjectives to describe how big was my impression, but the movie is for sure groundbreaking, respect for it's creators & their computers ;)

Then I went to watch Prisoners. And that's my favourite genre ;) I love thrillers. This movie is best thriller I've seen for a long time. I strongly recommend to all of you, but I have to warn that there are some really naturalistic brutal scenes (I had to watch with closed eyes).

#22 cobalt

cobalt

• Designer
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

:) thanks cobalt!
moon is almost my favorite sci-fi movie! :) and mr.nobody is pretty good one. But hey! i didnt watch avalon and equilibrium!:)
and thanks for tv serie - i was searching last few days for good serie! Thanks!

yeah !!! finally 2 movies you haven't seen !!
Avalon is a bit special but awesome soundtrack , I highly recommand the Serie, it's really really good.

about moon, I was really surprise by this movie, so much that I actually wanted to know who directed it, and it's how I end up watching source code from him -also brilliant-...
And then I discovered he's david bowie's son !!
Fucking brilliant family !!!:cool:

#23 aandrei_24

aandrei_24

Guru

• Designer
  • 737 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

Hey guys. I did not see Moon, must see it if it it the same director as Source Code which i have seen and liked.
Operhal, i do not know about Avalon (another for me to watch) but Equilibrium is worth the time watching it. Good movie, amazing Bale performance.

#24 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

I know this isn't sci-fi but time to watch the fast and furious series! and pay tribute to an amazing actor and all round great human being!

Like us on facebook

#25 gersirami

gersirami

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

Hmm great movie??? "Se7en", "The Departed" and absolutely greatest film ever: "V for Vendetta"

#26 gersirami

gersirami

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

Also all "Bourne"

#27 gersirami

gersirami

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

And by right "The Shawshank Redemption" on top of IMDb rating :)

#28 aandrei_24

aandrei_24

Guru

• Designer
  • 737 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

I know this isn't sci-fi but time to watch the fast and furious series! and pay tribute to an amazing actor and all round great human being!

I saw all the series out so far, since cars are on of my things...
What can i say... RIP Paul Walker

#29 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

Not a movie (or maybe it's a tv movie) but did anyone watch the Doctor Who the Day of the Doctor the other weekend?

#30 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

Not a movie (or maybe it's a tv movie) but did anyone watch the Doctor Who the Day of the Doctor the other weekend?

I'm surprised none of you sci-fi fanatics watch Doctor Who!! :o :p

#31 cobalt

cobalt

• Designer
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:33 PM

I'm surprised none of you sci-fi fanatics watch Doctor Who!! :o :p

I think it's quite bad to be honest , you'll definitely have to be british ... or canadian maybe ;-) to like it.
I much prefer red dwarf :cool:

#32 operhal

operhal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 754 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:01 AM

Hey guys. I did not see Moon, must see it if it it the same director as Source Code which i have seen and liked.
Operhal, i do not know about Avalon (another for me to watch) but Equilibrium is worth the time watching it. Good movie, amazing Bale performance.

Moon is must see :) I just need to find some free time to watch Equilibrium - especially cos now I know that Christian Bale is on it. He is one of my favorite actors - after saw him in The Machinist...
(and he is good looking man) :)

#33 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:37 AM

I think it's quite bad to be honest , you'll definitely have to be british ... or canadian maybe ;-) to like it.

I wouldn't personally know :D I have a few friends who are really into it. "Tom Baker this, Tom Baker that" is all I hear haha. Maybe I was expecting a stereotypical response to my question I guess

#34 lizonil

lizonil

Guru

• Designer
  • 1720 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

[quote name='cobalt']@operhal : best sci fi ever .... Blade runner, and underrated good one :dark city, but you might have seen it.
Bladerunner... one of my favourites... see it many times in all sorts of places!

#35 lizonil

lizonil

Guru

• Designer
  • 1720 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

Not sci fi.... but my favourite all time movies... Cinema Paradiso, Goyas Ghosts, and Perfume:The story of a murderer (I read this in Spanish too) fantastic film, great opening scenes.

#36 aandrei_24

aandrei_24

Guru

• Designer
  • 737 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

you sound like my wife... :cool:
Great actor. i really enjoyed American Psycho.

#37 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

I agree and I'm british! I've tried to watch it a couple of times but the script is pathetic and the acting is not good......

#38 aandrei_24

aandrei_24

Guru

• Designer
  • 737 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

I am not british, but still consider "Dr. Who" to be for kids. Very weak, predictable and boring... Really. And I am into Sci-fi (and all genres) good movies...

#39 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

Moon is must see :) I just need to find some free time to watch Equilibrium - especially cos now I know that Christian Bale is on it. He is one of my favorite actors - after saw him in The Machinist...

I am always impressed whenever I see this photo. The amount of stress he puts on his body in the short amount of time shows how dedicated he is as an actor

Attached File  christian-bale-body-transformation.jpg   58.74KB   48 downloads

#40 aandrei_24

aandrei_24

Guru

• Designer
  • 737 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hey HappyGD... I can do this sort of infographic with my own picture.... it would start in 2000 at 75 kilos, and right now around the 100 mark.... unfortunately never going down...:mad:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users