&nsbp;

#1 Corey

Corey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:26 PM

Xavio.net - An Online Art Community

I made a custom skin for my forums and a friend of mine Ashraf Abed coded it for me. I would like to know how i can improve on it. All comments are appreciated. :D

Xavio.net - An Online Art Community

#2 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:31 PM

Hey, Nice job :)

Your skin looks really nice. The only thing I think you should fix is all the buttons and icons. They don't seem to match the rest of the skin really well (the purple envelope for example).
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#3 jlinds72

jlinds72

Administrator/ Designer

• Designer
  • 1461 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:36 PM

Hi Corey -

I think it looks pretty good. One thing I noticed was in your forum list, the borders around the forum groups, need some work. The stripes on them don't line up correctly, and I think that it would look better if the borders formed more of a chevron shape when next to each other. I hope that makes sense, because other than drawing it for you, I don't know how else to word it.

~Jenn
Jenn Lindsey - Freelance Graphic Designer
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" - Joseph Chilton Pearce

My website: jennlindsey.com

Please review the new rules for DesignContest.net here

#4 Corey

Corey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:41 PM

thanx for both your comments and penguinpedia im working on the images right now actualy. then after that im adding a few hacks. jlinds72 i will ask the person who coded the skin to fix that and i understand perfectly wat u are saying i noticed that aswell.

#5 GooMoo

GooMoo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:04 PM

I agree with the two people above, and you could utilise the white space a bit more on 800x600 (be great if you could make it stretch). Other than that, looks real good. Effective use of gradients and nice clean lines.
</twocents>

#6 Corey

Corey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 01:04 AM

the stripes now lign up perfectly any more comments?

#7 jlinds72

jlinds72

Administrator/ Designer

• Designer
  • 1461 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 03:44 AM

Hey Corey -

Don't want to contradict your last statement, but the stripes don't all line up yet. The only ones that I see that are close are the bottom pair....other than that, still way off on the left sides. Sorry.......

~Jenn
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" - Joseph Chilton Pearce

#8 Corey

Corey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 11:03 PM

It's no problem. I don't see any part that isnt lined up could you provide a screenshot of a more detailed thing on what part it is. I have looked but I can't seem to find it.

#9 jlinds72

jlinds72

Administrator/ Designer

• Designer
  • 1461 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 04:53 PM

It's no problem. I don't see any part that isnt lined up could you provide a screenshot of a more detailed thing on what part it is. I have looked but I can't seem to find it.

Hey Corey -

My bad. When I looked at previously (when I made my last post), only 1 of those sections lined up. Just took a look at it again to make a screen shot, and they all do line up. Maybe it didn't refresh in my cache, who knows. Looks good now though :)

~Jenn

#10 Corey

Corey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 12:15 AM

okay thanx. i thought i was losing my mind when i didn't see anything that didnt line up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users