• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 ioana

ioana

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:42 AM

Hello all! I need your opinion regarding the images attached, representing the company logo. The company offers Internet Marketing services. Please tell me which one of these images is more appropriate?
I appreciate any advice.
Thank you!

#2 sgarbus

sgarbus

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:10 PM

I'd go with the one with the white background. It looks much more professional on the white background and is more appropriate for any print work they may desire to do as well.

Wrong forum for this?

#3 ioana

ioana

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:02 PM

I'd go with the one with the white background. It looks much more professional on the white background and is more appropriate for any print work they may desire to do as well.

Wrong forum for this?

You're right sgarbus. Thank you for your advise.
I found out a lot of professional opinions on this forum, that's why I post it here.
Thank you once again.
Sincerely,
ioana

#4 sgarbus

sgarbus

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

I found out a lot of professional opinions on this forum, that's why I post it here.

I meant that I believe you posted in the wrong section originally (the 'Announcements' section). It appears a mod has since moved your post.

#5 ioana

ioana

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:14 PM

I meant that I believe you posted in the wrong section originally (the 'Announcements' section). It appears a mod has since moved your post.

:) indeed

#6 superiorgraphix

superiorgraphix

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:21 AM

Maybe I'm missing it BUT how are the shapes related to Internet Marketing?

#7 baiskee

baiskee

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 915 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:33 AM

white background too.

hhmm...i know its something like a highlight and shadow, but i can't figure it out.

hehehe, what is it exactly?
LOGOWORX

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have; rather remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.”

#8 ioana

ioana

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:08 AM

Maybe I'm missing it BUT how are the shapes related to Internet Marketing?

Good question! well, the shapes are related to Internet Marketing as our designer explained us when we were looking at the logo he created and asked him the same question. I can't reproduce exactly his words :)

#9 RogaDesign

RogaDesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:08 PM

white for sure, more professional like sgarbus said..

if u are doing in color try to be more yellow-red color ;)

#10 suh00ail00

suh00ail00

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:57 AM

hey this looks good ! but if you dont mind i think you need to add some color to it can i show you a design ?
http://www.suhails.com/ - In Creativity We Trust â„¢
http://www.suhails.com/blog/ - Official graphic design Blog
http://www.getyourreview.com - Online Review and previews for Nintendo DS and PSP

#11 suh00ail00

suh00ail00

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:03 AM

Posted Image

Sorry for doing this but just my suggestion
http://www.suhails.com/ - In Creativity We Trust â„¢
http://www.suhails.com/blog/ - Official graphic design Blog
http://www.getyourreview.com - Online Review and previews for Nintendo DS and PSP

#12 baiskee

baiskee

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 915 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:24 AM

reminds me of united colors of benetton. :D
LOGOWORX

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have; rather remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.”

#13 lindlau

lindlau

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:37 PM

2 colours, 3 maybe, more is ok very rarely and easy to look inappropriate or cheep.

Both same for me :p ,logo always can by changed a little, if you have light website use first one, but if you decide to print black leaflets later u can use second one.

#14 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:03 PM

The design looks good maybe with a color added instead of black but wouldn't put too much like what suhailo did. I did a version dark blue, cause blue is a color for technologie. But bit dark red makes is good professional too. Try some thing with colors or a web2.0 shine on it.

And suhailo never use thin outlines in a logo. Thin outline when reshape very small they disappear. And your version is bit to much propped into the shape instead of the original that use great use of space of the shapes.

#15 Winter artwork

Winter artwork

• Designer
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:37 PM

I agree with Chung Dha,the blue gives it a very corporate look which I think is what you're going for

#16 elle0880

elle0880

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

Chung Da's design is good. The blue color makes it more catchy and alive. Black and White is kind of blunt and common. The blue one is much more cool. But what does your boss told you? does he want just black and white? if so then the white background is good. It is more clear and nice to look at. goodluck on your job!
Only design related links here please.

_Redrum

#17 grphx

grphx

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:04 AM

Yeah..! I think Chung Dha's color way is good and shiny make it more interesting.

And don't you try to add color like light gray in the 'webness' for more colorful and gray is mean 'Trustful'.

Great design!

#18 Ridha

Ridha

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:21 AM

yeah, looks great so far, might try something less edgy, more curvy for a change
i think it looks little bit too sharp

#19 bobblehead

bobblehead

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:50 AM

I think the blue looks great. Maybe the original black and white versions were just works in progress as this thread says :) and were just meant to present the basic shape of the logo and the color was to be added in a later stadium.

#20 ambitiongirl

ambitiongirl

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:14 PM

i really love the simplicity of it... my only suggestion is the have three symbols in a row instead of 4. three of everything just looks better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users