• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 mikeWA

mikeWA

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:37 AM

Hey design comunity... I started to little work on my new personal logo. here is the first idea or rough concept. Give me please some feedback and critique.
Thanx

Mike

#2 entz

entz

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:04 AM

I like the idea for the H... but not the name in vertical. It seems out of place to me. Maybe just flip the H to the other side and use the M as the other vertical bar for the H. The name just seems out of place to me. Hope that helps.

#3 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:37 AM

I agree with entz. If you want to have something vertical, the 24 would be a good candidate. It would require some other changes though.

Also, I'm kind of bugged by the missing lower right corner. If there were only two corners, then I think it would be fine, but putting 3 of them in and leaving out the last one makes it seem a bit off.

One last thing: I would put a bit more padding into the place where "designs" is written. It looks too tightly cramped in that box.

#4 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:30 PM

Looks very techy. I would get rid of the box corners altogether and try to figure out something else for the vertical bar of the "H" I don't really like the name flipped. I also think the fonts are to heavy for the "MH24" part.

:)
www.uniment1.com :: Design Services

#5 TommyGun96

TommyGun96

• Designer
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:49 PM

It's too complex for me. Try to loose some elements and gain simplicity ... that would make it. The Handel Gothic is ok. ;)
"It´s better to die for something ... than to live for nothing!" :cool:

#6 steplat

steplat

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:02 PM

[ATTACH]5232[/ATTACH]

Hey mike, what about something like this? You would have to edit the fonts and make some changes. It's based on what you have already done. Let me know what you think.

#7 Jiayi

Jiayi

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 06:17 AM

hm.. what's the meaning to the "24"?

#8 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:51 AM

would not make the H like that. Cause it look more like Mt|24 then MH24.

#9 steplat

steplat

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:04 PM

would not make the H like that. Cause it look more like Mt|24 then MH24.

Good point about the H, some tweeking can make that clearer. Is there a final design already?

#10 geek

geek

Guru

• Designer
  • 436 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:20 PM

Too complex and generic for me too. I always see similar style for starting designers. Why not do some kerning on the letters until it becomes a unique font. Try to be simple and make the message clear. Consider you are trying to design a logo for another designer or creative agency, not for yourself. - Just my suggestion.

It's common for us to use our emotions or feelings than create a solution that will communicate well to the audience. A designer provides solutions while an artist create a masterpiece based on what he likes and what he feels, also to express himself. So take away those fancy feel, go straight to the point. Ask yourself first if you want to be recognized as an artist or a designer :)

#11 Violet

Violet

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:47 PM

I have an idea for your logo. Since you're using your initials, why not display them like an artist's signature. Here's a little something I came up with to illustrate that idea.

Edited by Violet, 08 August 2008 - 04:51 PM.

Violet

#12 sandeepramje

sandeepramje

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:54 PM

Hi,

I still like your original (first) design.....but i am not able to get if u used design element at three corner why u left fourth corner?

#13 fragonard

fragonard

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:19 PM

Hey design comunity... I started to little work on my new personal logo. here is the first idea or rough concept. Give me please some feedback and critique.
Thanx

Mike

It's ok if you are looking for a solid techno-look. Maybe more compact though.
The name on the vertical is hard to read.

#14 stlthriot

stlthriot

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:50 PM

I like the one originally posted, would like to see a version where the "M. Haviar" vertical text was scaled smaller down to fit within the rest of the logo, making that "H" more complete. :)

#15 WickedMind

WickedMind

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:34 AM

Last logo with MH24 is looking fine, 'designs' and 'mike haviar' is too much.
A logo should not always mean that you do need to write your companies name.

Take the 'nike' logo. It's recognisable enough without "nike" (although often included).

I would atleast suggest not to use MH and Mike Haviar, drop the last one. and stick with MH24 (and perhaps 'design').

#16 sol

sol

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:36 AM

First one is good, but i would consider making both sides of the H one size then the logo will get some balance..and too many boxes ...maybe some other font for "designs" since it stands out more then the actual name..otherwise you're good :)
"We are too accustomed to the absurdity of existence. The loss of a universe is not worth taking seriously"

#17 Guest_Gerhard Schlee_*

Guest_Gerhard Schlee_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:16 PM

i liked the first one, just need to be a little cleaner...

#18 frost

frost

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:47 PM

I like it but just take out the verticle. It's too distracting.

#19 Guest_Gerhard Schlee_*

Guest_Gerhard Schlee_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:56 PM

Now that I saw, I think that the version of your logo in your avatar is the best so far! Keep that one, including the avatar's square shape!

#20 HWorks

HWorks

• Designer
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:19 PM

What about clearing out the first design by deleting the writing 'design' and those corners? I picture it well in my mind, clear, simple.
I like your ideas by the way, go on :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users