• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 yellow_bagpack

yellow_bagpack

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:57 PM

hi all.. :) i just wondering do you all designers have time to do sport or exercise? recently i got scolded from parents cause never got off from my chair :p.. and i told them that my finger do the sport.. hahaha. anyway what kind exercise do you do and how often do you do it in a week? ;)

#2 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:36 PM

Freestyle nuchaku, can do it while I am sitting lol, another sport I can do inside while sitting behind a laptop is cycling. Outdoor cycling, mountainbiking and jogging.

#3 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:49 AM

I enjoy Hiking, and Rock Climbing, as well as Cycling (excuses to get out and photograph) :D
www.uniment1.com :: Design Services

#4 entz

entz

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:19 AM

basketball.. one a week :D and also watching soccer on my couch along with some beer! That's what i call exercising! lol

#5 yellow_bagpack

yellow_bagpack

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:41 AM

hilarious.. :D, and another sport for me is championship manager.. hahahaha (can't wait 2008 edition)

#6 ASLAN

ASLAN

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:37 AM

I do sport on a regular basic, nearly everyday, it helps me relax and charges my batteries :)

I have a fulltime office job and I need the workout, I think it is important to keep healthy.

it also helps to order thoughts and ideas.

#7 yellow_bagpack

yellow_bagpack

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:30 PM

hmm.. i've swimmed today.. man.. :) it's very hot weather at here... i've got all my muscles in pain.. hahahaha.. i guess it's too much.. :D

#8 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:14 PM

Yoga for me.......Its a good work out both for mind & body....:)

and a nice long walk, but not when its cold....

#9 bluecherrygfx

bluecherrygfx

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:14 PM

I usu. go to our community center and do the elliptical, run a mile, and lift weights.

I recently started doing Tabata intervals. OMGosh; if you want a hard workout in a short time, google either that term or "HIIT".

I LOVE LOVE LOVE to swim, but don't do it very often just due to the fact that it makes the workout last way too long and I don't have enough time in the day to spend 2 hours at the gym. Plus, I hate the smell of chlorine on me all day. :eek:

#10 jermeyd

jermeyd

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:44 PM

Little exercise is key first. I work very hard and work mostly late night. Maybe upto 1 or 2 AM but i wakeup at 8 and do some exercise and sometime Yoga. It keeps me healthy both mentally and physically so that i can work even harder.

#11 yellow_bagpack

yellow_bagpack

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:03 PM

wow.. there are so much who doing exercise very well.. :o well it seems i've got to do it regularly too.... :D KEEP UP THE GOOD SHAPE ....

#12 yellow_bagpack

yellow_bagpack

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:04 PM

and i tried to seach HIIT... it's scary :p

#13 baiskee

baiskee

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 915 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:45 AM

I used to play a lot of sports when i was in the Philippines. Basketball, Badminton...specially when our company opens its annual sportfest program.

Now, i'm here in Canada....the only sport i engaged with is eating. :D like right now its winter season...i can't even ride a bike outside.

i am looking forward for these in a couple of months....i'm going back to my native land. :)

#14 szarak

szarak

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:13 PM

Basketball !!! :D
I <3 this game.
i wish i could but i dont want to :D

#15 spraguedesigns

spraguedesigns

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:52 PM

Ball you feet up while making money!

#16 Atronic

Atronic

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:21 AM

I nearly get out to swim everyday...living close to the beach is a key factor here. And when I cant get to that, I go for a run.

It's the solitary sports for me but on some Sundays, I get out to play basketball.
Honey, I got rhythm that I haven't used yet.

MU Creative

#17 baiskee

baiskee

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 915 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:39 AM

wow! living close to the beach... i like that, specially when sunset time. :D

but i hate swimming there though.... i hate the salty taste. hehehe
LOGOWORX

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have; rather remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.”

#18 yellow_bagpack

yellow_bagpack

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:29 PM

living close to beach is awesome.. especially SEAFOOD for me. nyammm !! :D recently.. about a month now, i've regularly doing some breathing methods from brazilian jiujitsu martial arts instructor. uhh it's very tough exercise.. i've feel like i'm being tortured.. but my instructor won't admit that he tortured me... hahaha :D basically it's the same as foundation for learning martial arts to achieve an inner strength and healthy body... :) and it's really helpfull to clearing stressfull mind.. (maybe it's close similiar to yoga, i think??)

#19 superiorgraphix

superiorgraphix

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:53 AM

I do competive bodybuilding, about 2 shows a year, I'm not your average graphic designer, If I did not find time for the gym 2 hours a day, I'd be in trouble becuase I'm onmy computer so much! You have to make the time, plus we have a new baby so it makes it a little harder but the gym is how I start each day, 7am gym, 10pm, start work.

• Guests

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:47 PM

real geeks don't sport :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users