bugsjr

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:14 PM

Here it's my 2 entry.
See here.

• Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:16 PM

### i am not sure , i can talk about others 'banner or not ? .If i would't do please tell me. ###

sure you can post comments about other works here. Moreover insightful comments that help users improve their work are very much appreciated! That is why this section is called community contests!

• Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:16 PM

Here it's my 2 entry.
See here.

The logo looks much better in vector! Good job on the banners!

#44 bugsjr

bugsjr

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:32 PM

The logo looks much better in vector! Good job on the banners!

I'm glad! Thanks!

#45 torrro

torrro

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:20 PM

Hey,

New member and I'm trying to find the manage attachments button..........am I blind?

Thanks

#46 twister2222

twister2222

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:50 PM

Hey,

New member and I'm trying to find the manage attachments button..........am I blind?

Thanks

hi
welcome here...i am new here too and i faced what u face, i am afraid u r not able to find the attachment button, try to host on a free server then embed ur file within your post....

do well! :rolleyes:

• Guests

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:45 PM

That's right. registered members cannot post attachements at this moment. We will change the permissions soon though!

#48 lowen.f

lowen.f

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:17 PM

hi, my first submission and first attempt. I only don't know how to make the link in flash. Tried on(release) { getUrl("http://www.designcontests.net")}; attached to a button that covers the whole area an is transparant, but it didn't work... perhaps anyone can point out what I did wrong or just tell me how to make the link work? :)

my attempt:

http://www.ditmoetje...c/dcbanner.html

#49 Inky

Inky

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:07 AM

I hope this is readable. I will post the original design on my website at a larger scale. http://www.inkydesign.net artwork...sketchbook.

Posted Image
Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

#50 psausage76

psausage76

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:06 PM

hi, my first submission and first attempt. I only don't know how to make the link in flash. Tried on(release) { getUrl("http://www.designcontests.net")}; attached to a button that covers the whole area an is transparant, but it didn't work... perhaps anyone can point out what I did wrong or just tell me how to make the link work? :)

my attempt:

http://www.thuisgym....d/dcbanner.html

!!!designcontest not designcontests!!!

quick, change it before anyone realises ;)

• Guests

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:15 PM

lowen.f, not bad, but there is no link in your flash file :(

Inky, I am afraid it is not readable :(

#52 lowen.f

lowen.f

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:21 PM

!!!designcontest not designcontests!!!

quick, change it before anyone realises ;)

haha, thx. I just changed it, but was just a moment to late for resurepus.. Allthough he did not mention it ;)

resurepus - Yeah I know. I mentioned it in my post, but I don't know how to do it, so asked if someone knew a quick fix ;)

Thx for the comments!

#53 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:08 PM

lowen.f
I like the flash, but the logo opening up, Chung dha did this in his entry.... I'd love to see something unique & different....:)

• Guests

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:12 PM

resurepus - Yeah I know. I mentioned it in my post, but I don't know how to do it, so asked if someone knew a quick fix ;)

Thx for the comments!

just create a transparent button the size of your document. and write in its actionscript to open http://designcontest.com on release.

#55 EggGirl

EggGirl

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:08 PM

Thx for the comments!

Hello!

well, i think it goes like this:

1. the transparent movieclip has to be named: e.g. - "mymc", so you'd be able to refer to it
2.in a frame's ActionScript window (why not the first frame? - for your visibility) put the following code, changing only "mymc" with your movie clip instance name (you get to name your instance in the lower part of the screen - properties):
mymc.onRelease=function(){
getURL("http://www.designcontest.com","_blank");
}

hope this works for you :)

#56 lowen.f

lowen.f

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:31 PM

lowen.f
I like the flash, but the logo opening up, Chung dha did this in his entry.... I'd love to see something unique & different....:)

hehe so true ;) I'll see if I can come up with fresh..

EggGirl - I tried that code before, just like you wrote it and now i tried it again.. but it just won't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm getting the following error:

1180: Call to a possibly undefined method getURL.

I use Flash CS3 and did the following:
Created a new layer called 'link'. In that layer I created a new rectangle and transformed it into a movieclip symbol called mvcLink. The instance I also named mvcLink, at the properties I changed color to Alpha and set it to 0%.

Now I inserted the code at frame 1 of the 'link' layer (of course changed the instance name to mvcLink).

#57 EggGirl

EggGirl

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:57 PM

hehe so true ;) I'll see if I can come up with fresh..

EggGirl - I tried that code before, just like you wrote it and now i tried it again.. but it just won't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm getting the following error:

1180: Call to a possibly undefined method getURL.

I use Flash CS3 and did the following:
Created a new layer called 'link'. In that layer I created a new rectangle and transformed it into a movieclip symbol called mvcLink. The instance I also named mvcLink, at the properties I changed color to Alpha and set it to 0%.

Now I inserted the code at frame 1 of the 'link' layer (of course changed the instance name to mvcLink).

i think it is probably because when you created the flash document you have selected new ActionScript 3.0 file (at least this is why i get error messages when trying to code something).

i can't think of another reason for that error message you've received - so check that out - maybe you're in AS 3.0. :confused:

• Guests

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:38 PM

lowen.f, if you are in ActionScript3, you can use the following code (just insert it in the first frame of your movie. And replace "lowenbutton" with the name of your button.

function gotoAuthorPage(event:MouseEvent):void
{
    var targetURL:URLRequest = new URLRequest("http://www.designcontest.com");
    navigateToURL(targetURL);
}

lowenbutton.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, gotoAuthorPage);

#59 lowen.f

lowen.f

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:31 PM

lowen.f, if you are in ActionScript3, you can use the following code (just insert it in the first frame of your movie. And replace "lowenbutton" with the name of your button.

function gotoAuthorPage(event:MouseEvent):void
{
    var targetURL:URLRequest = new URLRequest("http://www.designcontest.com");
    navigateToURL(targetURL);
}

lowenbutton.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, gotoAuthorPage);

thx resurepus, that code worked! I guess it was because it was actionscript3, but thanks for trying to help me anyway Egggirl! ;)

The only thing is, when you mouseover the banner, the mousecursor doesn't change in a hand. So the user doesn't know instinctivly that it's clickable. Though the flashing message does say so, so for some people it might be a little harder to understand :p

Also added a small border around it.

#60 intrepidguppy

intrepidguppy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 918 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:28 AM

an idea

Posted Image
Back hungry - feed back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users