Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

would you take part in a contest with $500 prize?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

Poll: Would you take part in a guaranteed contest with $500-1000 prize? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you take part in a guaranteed contest with $500-1000 prize?

1. yes (11 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Voted no (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

• Guests

Posted 23 March 2004 - 05:08 PM

We are negotiating a possibility a starting a guaranteed contest with $500-1000 prize. The client has asked me to start a poll so see how many designers might be interested in entering this contest. That will be a logo, mascot and template.

There is only 1 option in the poll, please vote if you think you'd take part in it. It will be ab open poll so the client will see who expressed interes in it. Thank you.

#2 davidude

davidude

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 05:38 PM

Absolutely. I would put much more time into a contest with that large of a prize than into any others... and I put a lot of time into any contests that I enter (check out the Brain Tickler contest ;))

#3 jlinds72

jlinds72

Administrator/ Designer

• Designer
  • 1461 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 05:47 PM

Certianly would put in my best effort. The problem with many of these contests is that the incentive isn't there to really spend time on the project. Since many of the people on here have actual jobs and other commitments (myself included) its not worth the time to really crank out your best work if you're only getting paid for a fraction of the time spent on it.
Jenn Lindsey - Freelance Graphic Designer
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" - Joseph Chilton Pearce

My website: jennlindsey.com

Please review the new rules for DesignContest.net here

#4 DDD

DDD

Banned

• Banned
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 06:48 PM

I cant imagine anyone saying no? Actually if it is not guaranteed I will not even read the post. Has been alot of rip offs in the non-guaranteed section. Also will this contest be open for all to join or will it be only open to certain folks (I as well as one other person is continually contacted about joining a contest or side work)? And what will be the time frame? Those answers could turn my yes to a no.
Corporate Identity/Branding
Multimedia Design/Development
Web/Application Development
2d/3d Animation/Development

We Do It. www.implod.com

#5 freaknlink

freaknlink

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:32 PM

I'm game!!! I can guarantee high quality work for sure if the contest is guaranteed. Not that I put in less effort on any other contest, however time is money. Of course I too would like to know more details. So YES for now.

#6 itsjunaid

itsjunaid

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 08:05 PM

why not man!!! sure i'll do it!
try to put in ma best!
iT neVer beGan fOr uS iT WiLL neVer eNd FoR Us.

#7 Blazen

Blazen

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 347 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 08:59 PM

You got my vote for yes:) I think this contest would be great for DesignContest! Lots of great designers here! I'm looking foward to this:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users