Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Licensing\copying The Designcontest.net Model

• Please log in to reply

#1 Guest_Koby_*

Guest_Koby_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2003 - 01:35 PM

i stumbled upon this great site a couple of days ago, and since then i've been checking it several times a day. your idea of the contest as a service to clients is absulotly brilliant. now the thing is ... i would like to copy it. yes it sound dumb but it's not : i live in israel where the profesion of graphic desing (and web design mainly) is at a constant growth these days. the current satus is that many young talented desiners are looking for a way to break into the pro level, which currently charges vast amount of money for website desings not worthy paying a few cents (i think that an only-html page can cost up to 50$), while the demand for websites is growing due to the newly installed cable internet service that has expanded the surfing community by a great deal. in an effort to provide the beginers with a platform to get their first jobs and for companies to get a decent price for the product i would like to port DesignContest.net to the israely market. there for i come to ask your premission to create the project. it will not compete with this site in any way since the forum will be only in hebrew, and will provide a distinct reference to DesignContest.net as it's inspiration, therefor might divert artist from israel to act within DesignContest.net and maybe even some job providers who could be interested in a wider array of designs (though judging from the local mentalety it would be less).

so my question is :
may i have your premission to freely create a local israely site based on the model of DesignContest.net ? if so, would you be interested that i affiliate the site with yours ? are ther any guidlines you would like to restrict it ?
and if not freely, can i lisence the idea in some way (please bear in mind that it is not for personal profit) ?

regardless of the answer, i would spread the word among my fellow designers as far as i can (local forums and such).

i hope for a positive answer,
keep up the excellent work.
Koby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users