• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 daehtihs

daehtihs

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 05:41 AM

I didnt realize the "Real Homes Worth" logo contest was verified...so I went ahead and made a logo....later to find out when finished...it was verified so I cant submit it. Well didnt want an hours worth of work go to waste...

Posted Image

#2 Quanto

Quanto

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 09:27 AM

lol i had the same
Posted Image

#3 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 12:50 PM

Its always good to read the rules before jumping on board and designing something.

All contests are guaranteed, and only design team members can participate. The non-profit contests are an exception though, in which case they are not always guaranteed and everyone can enter.
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#4 NavySeals

NavySeals

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 06:55 AM

John, can't they put that in their portfolio even though they didn't submit it? I mean if they changed the name to make it a logo template.
Penguin is my HeRo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 oasis

oasis

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 05:03 AM

Yeah I did that too, but not for that contest. How long does it take to get accepted to the design team? It said 3 weeks, but it's been longer then that.

It would be nice if they could send out an emailing saying if you had or hadn't been verified or what step of the proccess they were in. bitch bitch bitch that's all I can do.

#6 NavySeals

NavySeals

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 11:12 AM

Lol, pretty much until you get accepted, or rejected.
Penguin is my HeRo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 oasis

oasis

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 05:43 PM

i hate my life.

#8 jgaylor

jgaylor

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 09:48 PM

I wonder how many times designers put things in their portfolios that never came to be. I often times think it would be fun to do fact sheets and logos for different aspects of Nike, Starbucks, MTV, or whatever. Then just post them in your portfolio. People scanning your site would be like, "look he's done work for starbucks." Then if they asked, you'd be like "no, but I'd like to". I don't know. Probably not legal either. Just an idea.

#9 Elite Designs

Elite Designs

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 01:32 AM

I wonder how many times designers put things in their portfolios that never came to be. I often times think it would be fun to do fact sheets and logos for different aspects of Nike, Starbucks, MTV, or whatever. Then just post them in your portfolio. People scanning your site would be like, "look he's done work for starbucks." Then if they asked, you'd be like "no, but I'd like to". I don't know. Probably not legal either. Just an idea.

designers do so because it's easier to rack your brain for ideas and be creative than it is to find a job to fill your portfolio...it shows off your ability, but not your experience, but if you have no experience, haha, show off your talent right??

and it is legal...just can't use it for profit or advertisement for profit

besides....who's looking at <insert new creative here>'s portfolio to bother him about his work? no one.

as for the first logo...kinda plain and a lil unprofessional looking...the second one looks like an established realestate logo, i forget the company, but i've seen something strikingly similar to that before. keep doin what you do.

p.s. Penguin, why are you so snotty/sarcastic towards these people? it seems as if they should already know they can't enter the contests, hence they are here...lighten up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users