• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 dreamgraffix

dreamgraffix

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 12:16 AM

Like digitalmunky I too have wanted to enter a contest (Gamer's Conclave logo) but I can't...well here would be my entry...

http://www.kagebunshin.com/dc/gc1.jpg

#2 will

will

Designer / Technomancer

• Designer
  • 763 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 03:03 AM

DreamGraffix plz. read the contest rules. Thanx for participating.
Will
"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it" (EDITH WHARTON)
-- NEW Portfolio --

#3 dreamgraffix

dreamgraffix

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 03:09 AM

what does this mean...I can't even reply...

dreamgraffix, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

#4 will

will

Designer / Technomancer

• Designer
  • 763 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 04:04 AM

The main contests are for the design team ONLY. Plz. read the rules. Thanx for participating. :D
Will
"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it" (EDITH WHARTON)
-- NEW Portfolio --

#5 TKelley

TKelley

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 07:48 PM

I too got a little overzealous with the logo creation and forgot about the design team rule, haha, anyway here is\was my submission

http://www.tylerkelley.com/GCLogo1.jpg

#6 lovelesslove

lovelesslove

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 12:00 AM

I too got a little overzealous with the logo creation and forgot about the design team rule, haha, anyway here is\was my submission

http://www.tylerkelley.com/GCLogo1.jpg

why don't you apply for the team? i think i need to sort my recent projects and finish my version 2 for my folio site though i have no time :(

#7 jlinds72

jlinds72

Administrator/ Designer

• Designer
  • 1461 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 01:31 AM

The Design Team was established for a very good reason - mainly because we wanted our contest holders to be able to receive high quality entries from serious designers. If you're serious about designing, and are looking to become a member of the design team, then it really would be worth your while to update your portfolio - as that will only be a bonus to you with your clients as well. Contest holders regularly check out the designers links to their own portfolios in their profiles - and it helps them to judge what kind of character you may be. If you have only work from years ago in your portfolio - that may imply to them that you're not worth choosing even if they like your design.

I hope that this is not sounding harsh, because it's not meant to be. It's just meant as helpful information.
Jenn Lindsey - Freelance Graphic Designer
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" - Joseph Chilton Pearce

My website: jennlindsey.com

Please review the new rules for DesignContest.net here

#8 lovelesslove

lovelesslove

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 01:45 AM

The Design Team was established for a very good reason - mainly because we wanted our contest holders to be able to receive high quality entries from serious designers. If you're serious about designing, and are looking to become a member of the design team, then it really would be worth your while to update your portfolio - as that will only be a bonus to you with your clients as well. Contest holders regularly check out the designers links to their own portfolios in their profiles - and it helps them to judge what kind of character you may be. If you have only work from years ago in your portfolio - that may imply to them that you're not worth choosing even if they like your design.

I hope that this is not sounding harsh, because it's not meant to be. It's just meant as helpful information.

quite, but well.. im busy with work. i find designcontest as an inspiration and passtime.. ok quit this ill update my folio soon so i can apply to join your team. thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users