Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

A designer copied my style in a logo contest. What do you think aboute this?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#61 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

operhal

I took another look at entry 44 and entry 15.. there is absolutely no copying going on....how or what is being copied?

harie,

first of all I am new here and I was hoping that admins is here for all members to help them with their problems. I didnt know for 'report' button but i assumed forum is place where I can explain my problem and found the answer. I didn't get one until today.

I dont know who is capable to decide if some design is copy or not - but in my professional opinion (as designer) I can tell that #44 is a copy of #15.

One member of this forum notice this:
"The only conceptually difference between those 2 designs is a tree in #44... but, there are 4 same elements (font, text positioning, heart and element with "ME" between words, which could be inspiring for making a tree)."

And I agree with this.

I am not mad - and please dont get this so personal.

There is nothing personal going on, you were the one upset no one had taken action on a design you felt was being copied. I pointed out you had not even reported it and then when you look at it there is absolutely nothing being copied....

Remember to click the "triangle" that is on every entry that is the report button https://www.designco...pt-what-do-i-do

all reports are reviewed and action is taken when needed.

Edited by sharie, 07 September 2012 - 01:31 AM.

Like us on facebook

#62 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

This is what "chat with mods is for" anyone can start a thread in chat with mods, only you and the moderators/admin can see/read those threads

Like us on facebook

#63 Lau

Lau

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

The good, the bad, and the ugly of participating on open contests..... when I look for a design to participate, if is an open design, after reading brief I try to come out with a totally different design from the ones already uploaded, if I can't I don't participate, because I know I will be just sending "one more of the same thing". I think a designer must know when to stop because somebody else has the winning chance, and let them make changes and improve upon their entry and NOT to send designs similar to the ones with highest rating.

#64 sidd1254

sidd1254

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:51 AM

all copiers should be banned...warning can be given before.....but has to be banned ....otherwise its difficult to survive for the pure.....corruption kills...thank you

#65 colorpanda

colorpanda

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

I see open contests do tend to go that route. There's already a design in my first contest I've entered which is inspired by two previous entries. But it's original since it's has two ideas combined. :))
Oh well, I'm only just starting out so I won't complain too much. Maybe I'll opt for the blind contests in the future.

#66 arsOrum

arsOrum

• Designer
  • 3035 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

Dear colorpanda,
the open contests that tend to go in that route are contests were designers do not have a slightly cue what is a concept :

[Late Latin conceptus, from Latin, past participle of concipere, to conceive; see conceive.]

1. A general idea derived or inferred from specific instances or occurrences.
2. Something formed in the mind; a thought or notion. See Synonyms at idea.
3. A scheme; a plan.

the contest you are refering to is : Fallbright

When you write that your design "is inspired by two previous entries"
we think you should ask yourself, when and how is this the right way to proceed ...?

Also you add the sentence: "But it's original since it's has two ideas combined."
here also we kindly invite you (amongst other designers) to reflect upon what is an original idea and what is inspiration ... or even easier to reflect upon, what is originality when you add bits and pieces of something else that does not belong to your imagination, research, concept and vision ?
Making a logo using ideas of other designers, is not a way to make something original.
In other words, logo designers have the responsability to THINK first than drawing, otherwise everything is pointless and so useless.

These things should and can be avoided; in respect to all Designers, Contest Holders and to DesignContest.

Sure of your better understanding and wishing you all the best!

#67 colorpanda

colorpanda

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

"There's already a design "," in my first contest I've entered "," which is inspired by two previous entries."
English is not my first language and it was fairly late. The design which combines the two concepts(one of which was mine) is not my work. I was only pointing out that such designs do occur, intentionally or not. Regarding the "But it's original since it's has two ideas combined.", it's my failed attempt at irony. Hope this clarifies everything.

#68 bluntz

bluntz

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:21 PM

Dear Admin

wanted to report blumoon who almost copied all my concept...
https://www.designco...rm-com/entries/
copied the arc above the rainmaker and line between the construction...
check entry #50,37,36...copied the concept of my entry #35,34,33,32,31.

Edited by bluntz, 02 November 2014 - 07:22 PM.
forgot to link the contest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users