• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:38 PM

Hey guys I updated my portfolio site to a better more professional layout i think.... What do you all think? And any ideas for a logo i am still totally STUCK! and this time i am really going to get started on promoting myself I have business cards and everything!

- Total Joy Designs

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:06 PM

I think you still need some work with your designs. The site itself it's bad but could be more easily accessable(sp) to your works. it feels like a box site set up and some of the images are a bit pixelated. (at least on my computer)

I wouldn't get Business cards made up with out a "brand" as you stated you don't have a logo yet.

I've allways been honest and up front with you and think you have good potiential but feel you haven't honed in your skills yet.

Good luck. :D

#3 zantedeschia

zantedeschia

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:54 PM

I was kinda bothered with how long it took me to load the main page. You might need to clean up the coding abit >.o.

While I actually kind of like the look of the top menu bit, I have this bothered feeling of how the menus on the right that scrolls down reminding me of the lolcats blog. I think it would actually look better if the white boxed bar is pushed down below the red bit. The popular tags bit dosnt look like it is aligned either. And further more, yes the graphics that are used for linking to are pixelated.

cheers~

#4 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

I was kinda bothered with how long it took me to load the main page. You might need to clean up the coding abit >.o.

While I actually kind of like the look of the top menu bit, I have this bothered feeling of how the menus on the right that scrolls down reminding me of the lolcats blog. I think it would actually look better if the white boxed bar is pushed down below the red bit. The popular tags bit dosnt look like it is aligned either. And further more, yes the graphics that are used for linking to are pixelated.

cheers~

it STILL TAKES ALONG TIME TO LOAD? WHAT THE HECK! Ok what if i rid of the graphics on the front page totally? hmmm i thought this layout was more professional but huh ya the business cards i have are for my t-shirt in particular and other things on Zazzle. I dont have a "total Joy" design site yet.... Oy...... i need help!

#5 Brewman2010

Brewman2010

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:06 PM

I like the basic look of the site, but I think having the 'popular tags' sections makes things look too busy. If that were removed, I think you would have a cleaner look that would be more appealing to your visitors. I really like your designs by the way! Great stuff!

#6 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:11 PM

i changed the rotating image thing btw and i will remove the tags i think too but can any one tell me why in the heck it take so long to load i can figure it out? the coding isnt the reason i dont think... and i am going to redo or remove some of the many buttons i have on the first page

#7 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

i changed the rotating image thing btw and i will remove the tags i think too but can any one tell me why in the heck it take so long to load i can figure it out? the coding isnt the reason i dont think... and i am going to redo or remove some of the many buttons i have on the first page

does any one know java? i need help replacing a java script image rotater with a php rotater and i cant figure out how to position it in the little box thing OTHER THEN with simple Div positioning wich only works if the browser is in the right position different people have different browser sizes so absolute positioning so on wont work....

#8 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:29 AM

nvm i fixed it all up took me hours but it works now

#9 HWorks

HWorks

• Designer
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:12 PM

I don't know how the site looked like before, but I REALLY like the overall look of the actual one. Only one strong critique: the buttons for E-covers and other services are totally out of context. You should really consider using a clean font like Arial or Helvetica, and cancelling the black Bg and border. That font is too particular and doesn't fit well the clean graphic.

The rest is really really appealing. Great work!

#10 emdesign

emdesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:16 PM

I think things are off to a good start with your website! The only thing I would critique is that on the home page it looks nice until after the "Request a Custom T shirt Design by filling out the forum below" form. Oh, and I just realized there is a typo there. It says "forum", instead of "form". After that it gets too long, unbalanced, and the big buttons need a little work graphic-wise (I think that is what silverfx was referring to).

May God bless your new website!

#11 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:37 AM

ya i am going to work on those i havent gotten to them yet

#12 cyoungms

cyoungms

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:09 AM

The site is a little difficult to use. Hard to find some things. Love your artwork!

#13 lhartranft

lhartranft

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

I think the heading should be set apart more from the content, making more of a statement. It's too crowded, causing confusion on what your site is really about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users