Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Great Design Contests

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

I am planning to add a section to DC where I would add information about major graphic design competitions. And I am not talking about "other logo contest websites" here. It is still forbidden to link to them on DC. I am talking about design contests that could change your career or at least change your financial situation.

Just for example. Last year I did an internship at the Museum of Modern Art in Toyama, Japan helping in organization of the 9th Poster triennial. I can tell you, this is a big deal. They receive thousands of postersn then they select a few hundreds for an exhibition and print a catalogue. And the winner gets something about $10 000 if I am not mistaken. There is no entry fee and you only need to send your poster.

I've heard of a contest Adobe holds for student, there are large competitions organized by art supply producers (like Liquitex) and other events that any designer would be interested in. I am planning to find more information about such events and post it on our website.

So, if you know or even have participated in such an event, feel free to share the information in this thread.

#2 noxieCreative

noxieCreative

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:56 AM

We'll I think it is a great idea. It keeps the community informed about bigger contests where we can take what we learned here and bring it to a large scale competition. I have had a few large artworks in competition for TSA (Technology Student Association) on the national level.. but nothing further then that as far as winning.

I know they're are a few posters and album cover competitions throughout the year that can really help out peoples portfolio's if they are interested~

#3 DixielandDesign

DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:39 PM

Thats what makes this site so good. It is not only a fun place to be but also a launching point for careers. This site not only gives you an opportunity to build your portfolio, a chance to win and now a tool for us to take it to the next level. Keep up the Great Work DC.

#4 shefshef019

shefshef019

• Designer
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:12 AM

Thats what makes this site so good. It is not only a fun place to be but also a launching point for careers. This site not only gives you an opportunity to build your portfolio, a chance to win and now a tool for us to take it to the next level. Keep up the Great Work DC.

I agree! I'm sure that winning a big contest will help any designer gain new recognition and clients (not to mention winning the grand prize)! Even if we don't win the grand prize, it's still a great way to gain some experience.

Thanks for starting this thread, resurepus :)
Designs by Jenna Sheffler: Professional portfolio
Design Intervention: Freelance graphic and web design
Technicolor Carnival: One-of-a-kind handmade jewelry and gifts

#5 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

For sure. How great it would be to have a place one could look up and/or join these major type contests. Great idea

Like us on facebook

#6 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:32 PM

Hey All - A dear friend of mine is currently undergoing chemotherapy, so I was excited when I stumbled upon this design/painting competition run by Lilly.

While the artist doesn't receive a cash prize, $10,000 is donated to the cancer charity of his/her choice (along with other monetary donations based on the level of the win)

Additionally, a book of the artwork is published as well as an "Oncology on Canvas" Exhibition.

It's a good chance to get some recognition, but an excellent opportunity to earn money for cancer charities.

Lilly Oncology On Canvas | 2010 Competition
:) Brandy

#7 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

Thanks for sharing that brandy. That would be a great donation to any foundation.

#8 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:33 AM

not a career changing competition, but a nice prize!

Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication - AEJMC

Give AEJMC a facelift and win $1,000!
Entries must be received by midnight (EDT) on May 1, 2010

Attention faculty, students, and professional graphic designers! Here is an opportunity to develop a logotype and a theme line for the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, which will become part of an extended branding campaign. The winning entry will receive $1,000.

The members of the Strategic Planning Implementation subcommittee on Branding (Birgit Wassmuth, Suzette Heiman, Lillie Fears with support from Jennifer McGill and Mich Sineath) invite submissions for a logo and a slogan for AEJMC. This is an open call.
:) Brandy

#9 3masd

3masd

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:44 PM

Hi, i was looking for a web site to enter to this contest but i did not find anything, do you know how to participate?
Santiago Borray
Tres+Diseño
http://www.3masd.com

#10 Stev27

Stev27

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 398 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

Hi, i was looking for a web site to enter to this contest but i did not find anything, do you know how to participate?

You mean the t-shirt contest? Just click on the link that I posted (highlighted in blue) and it will take you directly to the rules.

#11 3masd

3masd

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:30 PM

How blind! im sorry thanks.
Santiago Borray
Tres+Diseño
http://www.3masd.com

#12 not2shabby

not2shabby

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:05 AM

That would be awesome. Your DC website is always informative and it keeps my creative brain in motion...

I am planning to add a section to DC where I would add information about major graphic design competitions. And I am not talking about "other logo contest websites" here. It is still forbidden to link to them on DC. I am talking about design contests that could change your career or at least change your financial situation.

Just for example. Last year I did an internship at the Museum of Modern Art in Toyama, Japan helping in organization of the 9th Poster triennial. I can tell you, this is a big deal. They receive thousands of postersn then they select a few hundreds for an exhibition and print a catalogue. And the winner gets something about $10 000 if I am not mistaken. There is no entry fee and you only need to send your poster.

I've heard of a contest Adobe holds for student, there are large competitions organized by art supply producers (like Liquitex) and other events that any designer would be interested in. I am planning to find more information about such events and post it on our website.

So, if you know or even have participated in such an event, feel free to share the information in this thread.

#13 Stev27

Stev27

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:44 PM

I have noticed there are a lot of design students joining our DC site so this would be a great opportunity to get exposure and collect great prizes from Adobe.

This is open to many countries as long as you are a fulltime student. You could win up to $3,000 U.S. dollars and other great prizes! There are a lot of categories to entry. Good luck to any of you if you enter!

Adobe Design Contest

• Guests

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:05 PM

I have noticed there are a lot of design students joining our DC site so this would be a great opportunity to get exposure and collect great prizes from Adobe.

This is open to many countries as long as you are a fulltime student. You could win up to $3,000 U.S. dollars and other great prizes! There are a lot of categories to entry. Good luck to any of you if you enter!

Adobe Design Contest

yeah, this is exactly the type of contests I was talking about.

#15 katieo

katieo

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:07 AM

Why is this "see some of my paintings" on every one of your posts Resurepus?

#16 belen matos

belen matos

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:09 AM

Hi, this is my first time in DC! I think it is a nice project and I am very anxious to share my designs and opinions...

#17 krave

krave

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

I only found that these types of competitions existed less than 24 hours ago, and it might seem far fetched but it has opened me up to a whole new idea of becoming a successful designer! I am currently going to school for my bachelors but always wondered how I was going to get my name out there! I feel blessed to have found this site inparticular and all of the good I can do in this world as a designer!

Hey All - A dear friend of mine is currently undergoing chemotherapy, so I was excited when I stumbled upon this design/painting competition run by Lilly.

While the artist doesn't receive a cash prize, $10,000 is donated to the cancer charity of his/her choice (along with other monetary donations based on the level of the win)

Additionally, a book of the artwork is published as well as an "Oncology on Canvas" Exhibition.

It's a good chance to get some recognition, but an excellent opportunity to earn money for cancer charities.

Lilly Oncology On Canvas | 2010 Competition

#18 BSDESIGN

BSDESIGN

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:59 AM

I'm digging the idea of sharing links to high end design contest but wouldn't most designers already know how to surf the web and find such information or are you simply making the information easier to find?

#19 mondi_design

mondi_design

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:35 PM

Wooooowww!This is awesome!Thank you very much for this that u are doing.If that what you said could be possible that would be perfect, because it can change the life of somebody and give chances to get known worl wide. :D:D

#20 mondi_design

mondi_design

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:43 PM

I'm so unlucky!I am registered today and it's too late to read this because the contest is already in the semifinals. Is it possible to have a chance to enter the competition??

Adobe Design Contest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users