#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:37 PM

welp it's about time you got here. lol

Welcome to Design Contest..

Here are some links to help you get started.
http://www.designcon...-designers.html

http://www.designcon...pplication.html

http://www.designcon...c-contests.html

And please read ALL the stickies at the top of the forum.

I'd also like to add that with the increase in new members because of our new open to all contests I'll be deleting useless posts... Like "nice" or "cool".. in hopes of everyone understanding what it really takes to be an elite team member.

#3 tdodger

tdodger

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:52 PM

thanks.
I'm trying to figure this site out. I wanted to add a library of past and current designs for anyone to cruise. Is that possible on this site ?

ps
any exceptions for graphic artists that have 20+ years in the industry to become an elite member immediately ?......I'd like to add a submission to flapples. They clearly could use some help.

welp it's about time you got here. lol

Welcome to Design Contest..

Here are some links to help you get started.
http://www.designcon...-designers.html

http://www.designcon...pplication.html

http://www.designcon...c-contests.html

And please read ALL the stickies at the top of the forum.

I'd also like to add that with the increase in new members because of our new open to all contests I'll be deleting useless posts... Like "nice" or "cool".. in hopes of everyone understanding what it really takes to be an elite team member.

#4 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:39 PM

thanks.
I'm trying to figure this site out. I wanted to add a library of past and current designs for anyone to cruise. Is that possible on this site ?

There is an area in your profile to add images to an album, but a better option right now would be to post a link to your portfolio in the finished work section of the site.

ps
any exceptions for graphic artists that have 20+ years in the industry to become an elite member immediately ?......I'd like to add a submission to flapples. They clearly could use some help.

Elite designers have not only proven themselves through their work, they must also be an active member of the forum. There are no exceptions to the elite designer acceptance process, ever. There is no way you'll be able to participate in the current contests, but there will be many contests in the future that you may have the opportunity to participate in, if you stick around and make the team. Additionally, we often have "open" contests that are available for all registered members to enter, so please check back often.

As a note, please do not talk about contests or their entries while the contest is still open. If you'd like to discuss a particular contest or any of the entries, please post in the "Chat with the Mods" area of the site, not in an open forum.

thanks, and welcome to DC!
:) Brandy

• Guests

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:50 PM

Hi, tdodger! Welcome to the community!

#6 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:41 PM

ps - any exceptions for graphic artists that have 20+ years in the industry to become an elite member immediately ?......I'd like to add a submission to flapples. They clearly could use some help.

you know your application gets voted on by the community, right?

#7 tdodger

tdodger

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:35 PM

well said........point taken :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

There is an area in your profile to add images to an album, but a better option right now would be to post a link to your portfolio in the finished work section of the site.

Elite designers have not only proven themselves through their work, they must also be an active member of the forum. There are no exceptions to the elite designer acceptance process, ever. There is no way you'll be able to participate in the current contests, but there will be many contests in the future that you may have the opportunity to participate in, if you stick around and make the team. Additionally, we often have "open" contests that are available for all registered members to enter, so please check back often.

As a note, please do not talk about contests or their entries while the contest is still open. If you'd like to discuss a particular contest or any of the entries, please post in the "Chat with the Mods" area of the site, not in an open forum.

thanks, and welcome to DC!

#8 tdodger

tdodger

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:37 PM

it does make sense but no.......I didn't know that.
thanks

you know your application gets voted on by the community, right?

#9 tdodger

tdodger

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:38 PM

thank you..... wish I had more time to cruise the members and their works.

Hi, tdodger! Welcome to the community!

#10 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:39 PM

please read some of those links I posted.. :D

#11 tdodger

tdodger

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:09 PM

dude......im old school.....I use to use pen, ink, markers and when i had to CRAYON !........im too bloody slow click'n through links......hahahaha !

please read some of those links I posted.. :D

#12 tdodger

tdodger

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:11 PM

but I will.....thanks again.

#13 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

LOL I have young kids so I've used a few crayons recently.. ;) they've just about ruined my $100 set of colored pencils and my expensive markers have all but dried up. :(

#14 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:34 PM

dude......im old school.....I use to use pen, ink, markers and when i had to CRAYON !........im too bloody slow click'n through links......hahahaha !

I always find it hard to get printers to accept layouts in crayon :D

#15 DixielandDesign

DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:09 AM

TDodger,

WELCOME.... it is great having someone with so much experience. All of the designers here are good, and we learn from each other. I am sure others feel the same way that I do and having one more designer to learn from is great. Once again welcome and we are anxious to see your work

#16 michelleherpich

michelleherpich

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:07 AM

Welcome, tdodger! I have to giggle at the thread of posts. Looking forward to seeing you on DC. Have a wonderful weekend.

#17 tdodger

tdodger

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:32 AM

Welcome, tdodger! I have to giggle at the thread of posts. Looking forward to seeing you on DC. Have a wonderful weekend.

you too Michelle.....I have already had my wrist's slap on here......soooo many uptight peeps.

not you though......thanks for the welcome

:)

#18 tdodger

tdodger

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:33 AM

TDodger,

WELCOME.... it is great having someone with so much experience. All of the designers here are good, and we learn from each other. I am sure others feel the same way that I do and having one more designer to learn from is great. Once again welcome and we are anxious to see your work

thanks Dixie......cheers !

#19 tdodger

tdodger

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:35 AM

LOL I have young kids so I've used a few crayons recently.. ;) they've just about ruined my $100 set of colored pencils and my expensive markers have all but dried up. :(

hahahaha......yes my kids have destroyed everything I have and had....thats why we work for a living ....to keep them inspired and destructive !

#20 michelleherpich

michelleherpich

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:18 AM

you too Michelle.....I have already had my wrist's slap on here......soooo many uptight peeps.

not you though......thanks for the welcome

:)

Yes you did! :) Naw- they aren't uptight... you are just eager to get started. :D
  • tdodger likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users