DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:38 PM

Here's another one for you guys.
Do your worst
Posted Image

Sinjx,

I really can not find anything I would want to fix here. I think you are spot on, If there is anything to maybe to be picky about is the color scheme. With this logo dealing with HOPE if you went with color meanings you might try using Green tones. However I personally like the palette you are using. If you are interested in color meanings here is a Great link with the meanings of color. Color Wheel Pro: Color Meaning

I would leave it be. I love it just the way it is.

Vince

Designers are meant to be loved, not to be understood. — Fabien Barral

#3 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:48 PM

I'd like to see it without the guy. I know he's representing the Y but I can't see it. It looks more like a guy simply creating a space between the N and C. might be the color perhaps. Maybe he'd work better the same color as the font.
But I think i'd look best w/ just the hill and cross. But I'll wait to see what it looks like w/ the guy a darker color.

#4 cclark413

cclark413

• Designer
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:59 AM

I agree with coy, I would try the cross being the same color as metro and the guy as a "y" the same color as "hope nyc". Although, there may be some trouble corresponding this layout into a one color format (such as b/w)

Overlapping in a logo is not generally a good practice, if you could tie in the elements of the cross, the praising man, and the titles into an environment not so layered, I think you may be on to a good start.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Chris

#5 aset

aset

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:23 AM

You could try extending the brush representing the hill to the edges of METRO.
Then using smaller type fit HOPE NYC in between the 2 sides of the hill would get rid of the overlapping that way.
Cool concept though like the use of those brushes.

#6 Rockula

Rockula

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:23 AM

I agree, i think with just the cross it looks good, the man might be too much, but it looks very good =)

#7 Kooia

Kooia

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:59 AM

Well, I think the line going behind the O in HOPE is a little annoying. Maybe change it so it goes between two letters, like H and O or O and P.

#8 Holly12118

Holly12118

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:37 PM

ok i like the initial design the only thing i would suggest is to make the man the same color as the bottom text. also, the top text needs to be a little darker as it tends to fade into the background and isnt noticeable so much.

#9 smyth

smyth

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

Coy is right, the man is VERY hard to be read as "Y". Changing the colour might improve a little, but you could also try making the "Y" look like a human, rather than making a human look like an "Y"

#10 Borght

Borght

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:58 PM

I second Coy's opinion, the man isn't very good at representing the Y. Maybe you can change the man's size or make a better Y presenting form... And the lowest text should be a bit darker I think, because it can be hard to read from distance...

#11 Ryan Young

Ryan Young

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:25 PM

'Diverse people; same place' - needs to be a darker colour for legability. I dont get the 'cross' or 'T'?? if this logo is all about hope then this creates confusing conotations of death in my eyes?

#12 Vaiva

Vaiva

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:42 AM

Hello,
I do not like to talk much - it is quicker for me to make. Attaching:
http://img210.images.../picture17j.png

If you find this usefull I can send you ai file

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users