&nsbp;

#1 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:08 AM

We have a new Community Contest up.
It's a little different and should be fun.

check out the Brief here -> DesignContest.net | Feel the MUSIC

Let's see the creativity here fokes. :D

#2 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:18 AM

Sounds great coy ;)
i read the brief & the idea is unique & brings out every designer's character !!
will join for sure..
for now..LET ME ENJOY THE GOOD MUSIC ^_^

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#3 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:33 PM

uhmmm :o
excuse me coy..!!i understand English very well ..but as it's is not my first language..i have a hard time understanding some of this cowboy language!!
so i listened to the song..got the general spirit of it..but i REALLY can't get most of the words in this part

His saddle "t was a southern kack built many years ago,
An O.K. spur on one foot idly hung,
While the "hot roll" in a cotton sack was loosely tied behind,
And a canteen from the saddle horn h'ed slung.

:D..sorry if i'm the only one here..but what can i do..i even searched the lyrics to be able to understand better..But STILL :rolleyes:

♥ Selma ♥

#4 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:48 PM

that is such a cool contest! To bad we cant use photos!!! I think it would be interesting to show our feelings through images or photo manipulation :p

#5 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

suggestion if you anyone can't listen to or understand the song is do a lyric search, then you have the words and then can use one of those free translators to change the words to your language

Like us on facebook

#6 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

suggestion if you anyone can't listen to or understand the song is do a lyric search, then you have the words and then can use one of those free translators to change the words to your language

Sharie I think Angel is talking about the "slang" type wording. or words that she's never heard of. ;) Translator can't help all that much in that sence. :)

excuse me coy..!!i understand English very well ..but as it's is not my first language..i have a hard time understanding some of this cowboy language!!
so i listened to the song..got the general spirit of it..but i REALLY can't get most of the words in this part

:D..sorry if i'm the only one here..but what can i do..i even searched the lyrics to be able to understand better..But STILL :rolleyes:

I'll break it down some. and snag some pics. ;)

His saddle "t was a southern kack built many years ago,
The basics of this is just an old saddle, that was made in the south. nothing really to speacial about it. For those that don't know a saddle is harnest to the horse for a person to ride on it.

An O.K. spur on one foot idly hung,
A spur is a metal u shaped piece of equipment tied to the boot with a little (in most cases) star shaped at the end. it's used to assist staying on by diggin in the thick hide of the horse and perswades them to move.
Posted Image

While the "hot roll" in a cotton sack was loosely tied behind,
Not 100% on this but it should mean a sleeping bacg(sack). further it's generally a couple blankets sometime a thin pillow rolled in a cotton oil treated canvas type deal rolled up an put behind the saddle while you ride to your next stop.

And a canteen from the saddle horn h'ed slung
A canteen is something that carries water. it was hanging off the saddle horn. The saddle horn is part of the saddle used to dally(tie) a rope so you can controll what you caught with a rope. utilizing the horses strength to assist you in moving or steading an animal, usually a cow.

this should help with the first and last comments.
Posted Image

OK this should help some even thought it's not the best example. I got tired of googling. lol

ON the back of the saddle you can see some stuff tied to it. that is generally tied more so in a roll for sleeping on the ground. Also notice in front of his leg the round thing hanging from the saddle horn. that is a canteen danglin. ;)
Posted Image

Edited by Coy, 30 March 2010 - 05:42 PM.

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

I was just thinking that there are some members that might not know english words at all and would need to translate the lyrics since the song is sung in English (sung doesn't sound right) LOL

But you are right I wasn't thinking about slang, don't think there is a slang translator : )

Like us on facebook

#8 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

wouldnt that be cool a slang translator.. it'd take years to develope and then would generally be out of date always. LMAO

#9 Guest_cre8ivediff_*

Guest_cre8ivediff_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:19 PM

et viola!

The Online Slang Dictionary | Real definitions for real slang

:)

#10 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

lol.. :D

#11 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:45 PM

HEYYY..ty coy very much for all the efforts to explain..i get all of it now :D
& YEA would be cool if they made a slang translator !!!

♥ Selma ♥

#12 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:08 AM

OK I'm making this a challenge... I'm going to work on a piece for this community contest even though I really don't have the time.

I'd like to see who can make something better than mine!
I'm only submitting pencil art... So who's going to show me up?
I don't think anyone of you has the tallent to beat what I'm going to come up with.. ;)

#13 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:04 AM

OK I'm making this a challenge... I'm going to work on a piece for this community contest even though I really don't have the time.

I don't think anyone of you has the tallent to beat what I'm going to come up with.. ;)

NICE CHALLENGE "u can remove this post if it's meaningless btw ..but i gotta say it :rolleyes:"

♥ Selma ♥

#14 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:17 PM

Try me! muhahahaha :cool: Lets see what you are capable of!!!!:D

#15 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

bring the heat people. LOL...

I just wish I had some money to put on this challenge.

#16 Ron Braun

Ron Braun

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:51 PM

That's funny . . . you never know how any of our songs will translate or if they translate well at all.

#17 lilpolcat1

lilpolcat1

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:40 PM

Oh my Gosh,...
Great big smile over here on my end, I am one of the biggest saddle bums around.
Nothing better in this world than climbing up on my pony and exploring.
I am looking forward to see what pops up in the contest!

#18 Mike

Mike

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:40 AM

I listened as well.

Did anyone wanna cry?
I'm not really a country music person.
So, it was a little tough to swallow.

Johnny Cash is cool though.
Loved the movie.

#19 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:10 PM

Oh my Gosh,...
Great big smile over here on my end, I am one of the biggest saddle bums around.
Nothing better in this world than climbing up on my pony and exploring.
I am looking forward to see what pops up in the contest!

Instead of waiting to see what pops up, come up with something and enter it. It can be crayon on cardboard, pen and paper, 3d max designed.. anything.

I listened as well.

Did anyone wanna cry?
I'm not really a country music person.
So, it was a little tough to swallow.

Johnny Cash is cool though.
Loved the movie.

Did you cry? lol I didn't ;)
The world of country music isn't as "stereo typed" as you may think. most of it has a heart felt meaning behind the liriks. exspecially this particular artist/singer. Not only did he ride saddle bronc he was a world champion in like '72 or around that. he use to go to rodeo's and sell 8 TRACKS out of the back of his truck that were produced in his (parents) house. He also did skulptures. ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

maybe that'll inspire someone. lol

#20 Stev27

Stev27

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:10 PM

Hi everyone.
I'm a bit confused about this contest. To me it sounds like we are to create an illustration and I also read someone describe it as a "logo". Plus an illustration entry I saw yesterday has now been removed. Does it need to look like a logo? Was that why the other entry was removed? :confused:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users