Site in progress

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Astel

Astel

• Guests
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:26 AM

Just learned Dreamweaver. Did a couple sites. Thoughts?
Knights Law Group | Keysha Knights, Attorney, State of Georgia

Edited by Astel, 30 March 2010 - 03:49 AM.

#2 mgray

mgray

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:33 AM

Looks good. How much freedom do you have, with color and stuff? It seems like a conservative site? It is easy to use and navigate and the best thing I saw was the "make a payment window". I wish designers had that button.

#3 Astel

Astel

• Guests
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:38 AM

I have some freedom, but I dint' have time, or at least I felt like I didn't. I would like to go back and re-do it completely now that I know some more about Dreamweaver.

#4 mgray

mgray

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:49 AM

I have some freedom, but I dint' have time, or at least I felt like I didn't. I would like to go back and re-do it completely now that I know some more about Dreamweaver.

Then I would do it. I would however ask the client more about themselves. Great websites can and do show the personality of the product and in this case it is about service and lawyers. It can be tricky, but in the end they will appreciate it and so will you. Years ago I read a book by an ad agency in MN where they presented each client with a list of questions to answer. In the end it helped them a lot to understand the business they were designing/advertising for. I'll try and get you the title if interested?

#5 Astel

Astel

• Guests
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:52 AM

Yea I would be. It was for my cousin, and they wanted it fast, but as soon as I can, I'll be doing a lot better version. Graphic design wasn't the issue, the HTML was. But now that I'm over that I'll go back. She actually gave me all the content, and it was well organized so it shouldnt be too hard...

#6 Astel

Astel

• Guests
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:54 AM

this is my site...
duanealawrence.com
incomplete mainly because my trial version of DW ran out haha...
I'll probably wait for CS5.

#7 mgray

mgray

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:11 AM

this is my site...
duanealawrence.com
incomplete mainly because my trial version of DW ran out haha...
I'll probably wait for CS5.

Now that's a site that shows personality. Probably shows more about you then you realize. I enjoyed the quotes you put up and thoughts put into it. Sounds like you have had a good start in the design world with NIKE and a lot of the sports designing experience. I have a lot of friends at W+K Advertising and I went to school in Oregon when/where everybody talked about working in the design dept. at NIKE.

#8 Kooia

Kooia

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:09 AM

Well, I think a different background would be nice. And also... Are you allowed to put any color into the design? It looks a little bland.

#9 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:42 AM

Hello Astel,

You did a great job out there, However i have some feedback and comments:

The background: It's too blurry, makes disturbance some how, are you trying to give a gray wood environment? thats how i felt.

The Header Content portion: I can see you fixed the content with a scrolling box, However i barely see the image next to the content, obvious the photo should be completely viewable at the first sight, I would suggest removing the scrolling box, and make the font smaller like 11/12px font size - (Under Practice Areas- Family law article).

Navigation Menu: you may want to make a toolbar on the background of the link with a dark background color, and try changing the font name to "verdana" it will fit and readable.

The FAQ: I loved the accordion slide you used in that site

Other than that, I don't have anything else on my mind, Good-luck with the new version.

Regards,
-Amr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users