This is the starting sketch..
Let's see what I do with it. ;)
Posted Image

#2 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:19 PM

i like ur lines & shades..very nice sketch :)
can't wait to see the final result

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#3 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:56 PM

Alot of time I like to go over my outter lines with a small point marker to darken it up..
Exspecially in drawings like this where I had to make a lot of vanishing point lines to give it that coming out at you sort of effect. So i make the marker outlines and can erase the rest of the guide lines with no worries of having to redraw the image.

#4 aset

aset

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:21 AM

Very nice sketch. The perspective on it is very close to perfect.
The chips in the stone or wood is a nice touch.

What are you going to do with it?:cool:

#5 Lechlak

Lechlak

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:25 AM

I can't wait to see what you do with this. I think putting it into Illustrator and then Flash would do some wonders.

#6 Rockula

Rockula

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:12 AM

Nice! what are you using it for?

#7 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:13 AM

Very nice sketch. The perspective on it is very close to perfect.
The chips in the stone or wood is a nice touch.

What are you going to do with it?:cool:

It'll be a brewing logo/label

I can't wait to see what you do with this. I think putting it into Illustrator and then Flash would do some wonders.

What would flash do for it. I haven't even touched my flas yet. lol.:(

Nice! what are you using it for?

Thanks for the intrest. brewing logo/label.

Here is what I have so far. still need some tweeking and such. need to make the hammer also.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
EDIT: to show the porgression and what I did this morning. ;)
Posted Image

double edit: this afternoon. I still see some fixing areas but it's almost finished.
Posted Image

Edited by Coy, 01 May 2010 - 12:01 AM.

#8 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:02 PM

No opinions yet..

that's either really bad or good. hahaha

#9 Rockula

Rockula

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:30 PM

Wow!
sorry i just read this xD
loved the work progress pics! awesome result! looks pretty detailed!

#10 m.satterfield

m.satterfield

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:39 PM

i think the stone should get darker as it gets deeper, like the anvil. nice work!

#11 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:54 PM

Thank you both.
The concrete actually does but not as much as the anvil had to go.

#12 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

Wow, Coy! Another really great illustration... and it looks like you've really taken your time (that's something I need to work on, I tend to hurry up and get it done and the result isn't this nice)

Really, really great work.

One thing is bugging me though - you need a shadow from the hammer to cast onto the anvil and the concrete. I know the light us coming from the top and slightly to the left, so not much of a shadow would be cast, but there would be a some, especially on the flat top panel of the concrete block.

Really great. Impressive work!
:) Brandy

#13 Randi

Randi

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:52 AM

Awesome illustration! I love seeing works in progress especially when they start out as a sketch. I really like the color pallet but am not sure about the red texture in the words BOILER MAKER, almost looks like blood spatter to me.

#14 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:29 PM

Wow, Coy! Another really great illustration... and it looks like you've really taken your time (that's something I need to work on, I tend to hurry up and get it done and the result isn't this nice)

Really, really great work.

One thing is bugging me though - you need a shadow from the hammer to cast onto the anvil and the concrete. I know the light us coming from the top and slightly to the left, so not much of a shadow would be cast, but there would be a some, especially on the flat top panel of the concrete block.

Really great. Impressive work!

I actually didn't take my time. I might have spent about 5 hours on it total, I think I could of made it alot better but the client was wanting to see something done since I put it off for more simple logos. lol
But thank you for the complement :D
I thought I hit all the shadows correctly. I kinda overexagerated the shadow from the poited part of the anvil to simply look better, it should actually run more left to right than corner to corner. before the grass image you can see my hammer shadow. and the shadow from the anvil to the hammer. If I miss understood what angle shadow you ment let me know;)

Awesome illustration! I love seeing works in progress especially when they start out as a sketch. I really like the color pallet but am not sure about the red texture in the words BOILER MAKER, almost looks like blood spatter to me.

thank you
I was playing with similar colors that was allready on the anvil and congrete but it was kinda getting washed into the whole picture. so I wanted the name to stand out a bit more and went with the marron/dark red color and mimiced the anvils rusted iron look over it.

The client had some changes I'll show up in abit. ;)

#15 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:31 PM

The client wanted to see it without the rust and grass. add some hops and the .com..
Posted Image

#16 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

Yeah, the shadows all look great, but there should be a shadow from the hammer... right?
:) Brandy

#17 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:14 PM

Yeah, the shadows all look great, but there should be a shadow from the hammer... right?

there is.. at the angle and the fact that the anvil and concrete oversize the hammer you can only see a little of it. look at the last image and then at the bottom right where the end of the shadow is. that little rectangle block w/ a tinny bump on it.. that's suppose to be the hammer's shadow thats mixed in with the shadows of the rest of the image?

I could be wrong with my shadowing though.. it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. most likely not the last..LMAO..

#18 paco18ch

paco18ch

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:23 PM

oh i like it a very cool ilustration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users