Once again - need ur opinion :)

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:54 PM

here's another logo idea that i've been working on..i'd like to hear what u think bcuz alot of very nice ppl around here helped me with other logos till they became perfect :)

here:
1st virsion
Posted Image

RIGHT NOW
Posted Image

** I wanted it as simple as a cup of coffee ..but still i feel it's missing something!! open for all suggestions :rolleyes:

Edited by like an angel, 13 April 2010 - 09:27 PM.

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

I like this. different than many of the coffee cup logos you see. I don't care for the color versions though. The black/grey scale looks pretty cool. Can't quite decide why I don't like the color versions.........

The balance is nice and I like the font used. Not sure about the way the steam is, it almost has a rough look to it instead of floaty,soft kinda look that steam has.
  • like an angel likes this

Like us on facebook

#3 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:53 PM

agree with sharie about the steam and fonts used. I'd suggest changing the steam lines to a thin/thick/thin solid line that isn't ruffed up.. As for color I kinda like it but think a dark brown almost black (#-754C29) w/ a lighter brown tan (#-DCB36F) would look good.
If you can try and smooth out some of the lines in the font to floow a little smoother.

nice work.

#4 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:05 PM

THANK U SHARIE & COY :)for ur kind words
and really find ur notes very helpful..i made a revision with the advices u gave me..
plz let me know what u think now :)

and btw COY i used the colors u recommended in this one ..they look great ^_^

Posted Image

♥ Selma ♥

#5 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

looking goood. :D

There is just one thing that's bugging me just a bit. if you look at the text you can see the sharp little notches(?) on them. like onthe lower left on the G, middle of the I, inside top of the O's, lower inside of the d, transition on both sides of the E.. if you could smooth those out it'd look better to me personally. ;)

#6 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:33 PM

I think the steam swirls might look better just above the cup maybe instead of touching the cup ?

Like us on facebook

#7 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

looking goood. :D

There is just one thing that's bugging me just a bit. if you look at the text you can see the sharp little notches(?) on them. like onthe lower left on the G, middle of the I, inside top of the O's, lower inside of the d, transition on both sides of the E.. if you could smooth those out it'd look better to me personally. ;)

well spotted coy:o i noticed all of them just now..never would notice'm before!!
i'll smooth them up..i'm sure they will look better for me too :D
thanx for the feedback:)

I think the steam swirls might look better just above the cup maybe instead of touching the cup ?

will try that too sharie ;)

THANX GUYS
cheers

Edited by like an angel, 13 April 2010 - 08:40 PM.

♥ Selma ♥

#8 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:24 PM

smoother "as i could" & steam a little up
it was hard to smooth the transitions before & after the (e)..and O's doesn't look the same but i tried :o

♥ Selma ♥

#9 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

I think you need a little handle, so it looks more like a cup, less like a bowl of soup... though, for a cafe, a bowl of soup might work too, so double meaning could be ok... i just think a little handle might give it a bit more interest. Looking good!

Oh, also - where it says Cafe & restaurant - I would either capitalize the first letter of both, or make them both lowercase, what do you think?
:) Brandy

#10 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:31 PM

Nice catch they should both be cap'ed.
I always like all caps cause it creates a nice straight "line" on top and bottom. but not everyone likes that.

#11 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:42 PM

yeah Brandy..i missed the capital ® too..or felt too lazy to fix it :D
now it's fixed..will upload it
but as u said i like the cup thing to give double meaning as it's for a cafe & restaurant
thanx alot for helpful feedback

and coy yea sometimes i like it all caps & some times not..depends :)

♥ Selma ♥

#12 dit

dit

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:09 AM

Real nice!
I think that Brandy is right about the little handle. It'll complete the cup. Nice work!

#13 xpressions

xpressions

• Designer
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:03 PM

Very nice. Is there anyway to have one of the letters in the name serve as the cup handle as well?

#14 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:56 PM

thanks alot dit & xpressions i've done more changes to this design..will uploadit as soon as i could & @ xpressions: YEA it would be cool if i can make that
..will see what i can do ;)

♥ Selma ♥

#15 not2shabby

not2shabby

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:14 PM

I like the composition a lot..Am wondering since your steam is touching the upper edge, perhaps the tail of the G could do the same at the bottom??

here's another logo idea that i've been working on..i'd like to hear what u think bcuz alot of very nice ppl around here helped me with other logos till they became perfect :)

here:
1st virsion
Posted Image

RIGHT NOW
Posted Image

** I wanted it as simple as a cup of coffee ..but still i feel it's missing something!! open for all suggestions :rolleyes:

#16 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:08 PM

if you wanted to incorporate xpressions idea.. I'd say move the cup (bowl?) over to the left and use the G as the handle.. it's allready shaped that way. ;)
But i think it's good as is.. sometimes less is more.
  • Lechlak likes this

#17 Lechlak

Lechlak

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:35 AM

if you wanted to incorporate xpressions idea.. I'd say move the cup (bowl?) over to the left and use the G as the handle.. it's allready shaped that way.

Wow - I am going to be a long time poster / reader here. That was an ingenious idea. I never would have thought of that.

#18 cclark413

cclark413

• Designer
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:56 PM

Let me start first by saying I love the feel of this logo!

I do, however, think the line art could use a little help.

A couple of things:

The cup/bowl seems to me like it could use some cleaning up. The roundness seems to be skewed and makes me think the cup looks "wavy"? It appears the the solid thick stroke appearance takes away from important perspective. I feel the steam should also be a little more prominent.

I am attaching an example the hopefully will help:
[ATTACH]7579[/ATTACH]

I am guessing you "hand drew" the cup you currently have, so to make things simpler I would simply draw an oval that matches the "top" of the cup, tilt it, and then make the base of the cup using some half-half crescents for the base. You can do all this with just your oval/circle tool. That's all I did anyways.;)

I like the idea and feel of the font, but I think the crispness and quality of the lines is lacking. I would go to a font site like dafont.com for another script or handwritten font that holds it's form better.

Like always, I hope this doesn't come across harsh. I just feel these minor adjustments will greatly enhance the design.

Keep up the good work!:)

#19 KihnDesigns

KihnDesigns

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:09 AM

I agree with cclark413, It needs a little work, try to use pre-made shapes, i.e. ovals, squares, etc. instead of hand drawing them with heaven forbid a pencil or pen. The reason being, it is one quicker, two cleaner/crisper, and three easier to use pathfinder (if you are using Illustrator, pathfinder is your friend, I know it's mine!).

I also agree with him on the font. While I was in college, my instructors always told me to never create your fonts, always find one that is the closest to what you want to use. Should you need to make a couple changes (like making the G into a handle) it is easier to make the changes to an existing font, and still have the font look like it's a true font. The point was that drawn 'fonts' are not as "professional" in appearance, as an altered actual font. Also they advised me to try to stay away from 'hand-writing' fonts, but that is an opinion i believe, because there are some really well done 'hand-written' fonts, and you can find them at font websites. Just watch the 'rights to use.'

I can't leave you without some complements, I like the colors your going with, gives that coffee, cafe feeling. I think continuing to improve it with each step, and going in the right direction. I think that the G as a handle would be a neat idea, and maybe incorporating the T as a spoon with it's handle coming out of the cup could be neat too?

#20 patrakliski

patrakliski

Banned

• Banned
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:58 AM

not2shabby have posted you perfect sample for the problem of coffee steam, make sure that logo can not contain any shadows unfinished line and etc .... way to go not2shabby
design is all around us ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users