&nsbp;

#21 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:50 PM

anyone have a corel version, please....

what the meaning of "PMS 000" on the right side of canvas? please tell me....
thanks...

PMS is a color and the 000 are numbers that go with the PMS color. If you don't know what PMS colors are perhaps you should take some time to learn a little more about what you are wanting to do.

#22 cdinside

cdinside

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:37 AM

PMS is Pantone Matching System, is just another standard for colors like RGB or CMYK. You can find more here

To access the pallet in Ill you have to do this:
Open a swatch library
Do one of the following:
*Choose Window > Swatch Libraries > [library name].
*In the Swatches panel menu, choose Open Swatch Library > [library name].
*In the Swatches panel, click the Swatch Libraries Menu button , and choose a library from the list.

Note: PANTONE color libraries are located in the Color Books subfolder (Swatch Libraries > Color Books > PANTONE...).

More info here
www.cdinside.ro - my blog
* available in a lot of languages

#23 cruser

cruser

Banned

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

PMS is Pantone Matching System, is just another standard for colors like RGB or CMYK. You can find more here

To access the pallet in Ill you have to do this:
Open a swatch library
Do one of the following:
*Choose Window > Swatch Libraries > [library name].
*In the Swatches panel menu, choose Open Swatch Library > [library name].
*In the Swatches panel, click the Swatch Libraries Menu button , and choose a library from the list.

Note: PANTONE color libraries are located in the Color Books subfolder (Swatch Libraries > Color Books > PANTONE...).

More info here

excellent exp.
PMS is exactly wright that... u dont missed.. congratulations for exp. regards

#24 krantvs

krantvs

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:26 AM

hello
on this DC, canvas size is normally and good, on the other web , canvas is different, 350x280, or 1000x750, 600x600...
640x480 it is medium with 300 dpi is good, think need pnj format is better; thank you

#25 cruser

cruser

Banned

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:43 AM

canvas is only use for preview, its not necessery to be bigger.

#26 ManideepRaja

ManideepRaja

Banned

• Banned
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

hii all !! in creating a portfolio to form elite one ..i am very keen in logo designing only ..but the others are nessecary or not ..

#27 ManideepRaja

ManideepRaja

Banned

• Banned
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:52 PM

hii all !! in creating a portfolio to form elite one ..i am very keen in logo designing only ..but the others are necessary or not ..

#28 Stickie

Stickie

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:03 PM

hii all !! in creating a portfolio to form elite one ..i am very keen in logo designing only ..but the others are necessary or not ..

I dont think so,if your logos are good it should be enough...
I have done a couple of web designs(no coding)
which I will never show in my portfolio
simply because my clients insisted on things
that make me dont want to be associated with these websites..
another case is a good,clean design but for
an xxx page...
-so I do webdesign ocasionally but have none in my folio...

#29 Drewcifer

Drewcifer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

it may have been answered in this thread already... but what is a PMS color? and also how do you fill in the color swatches at the bottom? do you just make a square with that color on it? or should I write out the code for the color too?

#30 Stev27

Stev27

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 398 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:13 PM

If you are familiar with illustrator it should be no problem. When you have the DC canvas open just select the boxes that are already there and fill them with whatever colors you are using. I just use the eyedrop tool to drop in the color.

The PMS question was answered about 7 posts up in this thread by cdinside, it stands for Pantone Matching System which a lot of printers use when printing with spot colors. Illustrator has the color swatches built into their color library selections.

#31 Drewcifer

Drewcifer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:37 AM

oh i see..yeah I mean i did just fill them in, but I was unsure if there was a certain way about going about it.. I also see a lot of entries dont even have them colored in.

#32 Artive

Artive

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:12 AM

Thanks cdinside! Everytime I opened the logo canvas, I wondered what PMS 000 was..I knew that I had to show the colors used in the logo there, but didn't know what the abbreviation stood for. Thanks again!

#33 SwimLeka

SwimLeka

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:35 PM

The template can be found after clicking on any contest at the right side of the display. However, I agree with all the comments pertaining to a direct link or download for accessibility to the template.

#34 sazoeller

sazoeller

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:25 PM

Thanks for this information it is very useful about how to do things thanks

#35 ncuxuka

ncuxuka

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:24 PM

Thanks!
it is an easy and clean way to present the ideas :)

#36 gdesigncontest

gdesigncontest

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:34 AM

I had the same problem. Yours looks great. I will use it for my first submission! Thanks! :)

#37 dlhdesigns

dlhdesigns

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

Oh, good stuff to know, glad I read this thread! I was wondering about the template...

#38 Evee

Evee

• Designer
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:35 AM

I am still learning the forum. Once I post something I am having a hard time finding it again to see if I got an answer to my question but I am learning. (Any suggestions to that problem would be great also. )
I am finally figuring out I can submit a design to the open to all contest... I think? if I have 10 posts.. RIGHT? ... and the application I filled out is for the elite designer ... I think? I am still somewhat confused but I have another question...
when using the canvas ... WHICH I know where that is... LOL.. I did see that some of the entries did not have the pantone colors listed and maybe the flat design not included .. what is the rule when submitting a design does the canvas need to be completely done or just what the client wants such as the black and white version.. help me out.... thanks e

#39 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:55 AM

Hi Evee,
Whenever I log into the forum, I click on "New Posts" in the gray menu bar up above. This lists all of the posts that have been made since you were last on the forum - so if you're looking to see if someone answered your question, that would be a good place to look.

Also in the User CP (in the same gray menu bar up above) you can see all of the threads that you are subscribed to. Your answer would be listed there as well, if someone responded.

As far as the canvas, it isn't required to include any flat and/or B&W versions of your logo. Or, to include the Pantone colors used. But, in some cases, when the CH asks for a logo using only a couple of colors, or if your design isn't a full color design, including the colors will help the CH to see what was used. Showing a B&W version is an added bonus to the CH - they don't always ask for it, but most would love to have it.
:) Brandy

#40 Evee

Evee

• Designer
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

thank you so much... it helped alot...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users