• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 VisiblyInvisibl

VisiblyInvisibl

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:41 PM

This is for a audio device company, they do headsets and speakers and such. They are having a branding redesign contest and this is my concept. I realize the name might be hard to read and i'm redoing it now with a different font, but i just wanted to see what everyone thought of it =) The name of the company is "Full Throttle".

Posted Image

#2 AWWDUDE

AWWDUDE

Banned

• Banned
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:52 PM

your design looks good, the text could use a little touching up, with my first glance it seemed as if the T in throttle was an F so you might want to make that more distinguishable. The font is fine if thats the style there looking for, but as for the decible meter, you might want to try something a little more subtle, like instead of the whole gauge, just have the tick marks (the 20, 40, 60..) around the name...thats just a thought, i hope it works out for you :)

#3 VisiblyInvisibl

VisiblyInvisibl

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

thank you =) i will try jst the outline of the ticks, thank you for your input

#4 libbyelliott

libbyelliott

• Designer
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

I don't think the font you chose is that bad of a font, but I would separate the F in Full from the H in throttle, just like you have done on the "ull".

I would also agree with awwdude... The speedometer is nicely illustrated, however it just seems like too much. Maybe you would incorporate the meter parts into the "O" of throttle. Or something like that...

And maybe there is a way you can mix your speedometer idea with something that has to do with audio? Not that I think every logo has to come out and say what kind of company they represent, but to me this looks like a racing logo, even though you have the word decibel (which is spelled with an el, not an le.)

Just some thoughts... It is a nicely composed logo.

#5 VisiblyInvisibl

VisiblyInvisibl

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:19 PM

thank you for your comments and i can't believe i missed that typo with decibel haha i will try both just using a more subtle gauge/outline of one and trying to make the "o" in throttle a gauge or something. Thank you very much :)

#6 Holly12118

Holly12118

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:09 PM

I do really like the design. The only thing is I feel as though the "full throttle" name or font like that has already been done. Isnt it an energy drink or something? hmm... may want to look into it.

#7 VisiblyInvisibl

VisiblyInvisibl

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

yea its an energy drink, but the company said they want that lol i didnt come up with the name

#8 Rockula

Rockula

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:19 AM

I like the font, but its hard to udnerstand, maybe, like others suggested, separate some characters.
But i dont like how the speedometer steals all the atenttion from the name. Maybe if it was smaller.

#9 estel

estel

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

good idea, but its true that font is unreadable :(
for first look i cant read this.
Colour (blue is fine) but with black backround may by lost, brighter may be better

#10 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:41 PM

Indeed, the font is kinda hard to read, so the company name is not immediately recognizable, unless you add some more space between the words. Also I would try to better incorporate the graphic to the company name.

But no logo is perfect the first time it's designed. It takes revisions and changes, to come up with a final version.

#11 shibin.b

shibin.b

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:44 PM

i think speed should be much above 120 in full throttle

#12 Ryan Young

Ryan Young

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:08 PM

nice idea man...but you are right - the font does need changing - bit hard to read. like the idea of suggesting sound vibration through fuzzy background (although you could easily mistake this for a car company (or lads car magazine cover) - should you maybe try and get away from this slightly and focus more on the 'sound' angle?

#13 cclark413

cclark413

• Designer
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:09 AM

Great start, and could easily be made to read better - therefore look better.

I would start with the lettering, it is apparent that everyone here is having the same disconnect with the font, but I feel with a little tweaking you can make this work.

First, take the "T" and make it like a capital letter. I would just make the top of the "T" the same width as the ascender and continue it up to the "F" in "Full"

Second, take the angle off the T"h"rottle and drop the middle to be in the center of the other letters. The extender that makes the "F" can then be extended out further for the forks. I would just extend them (a little thicker of course also) to the "ll" in "full". This will help with legibility I believe.

My last suggestions would be to thicken the white stroke where it all goes into eachother, and at another smaller black/blue stroke around it. (offset path is the tool to use in illustrator, instead of stroke). I would also add some contrast in your color palette to make the letters stick off the "decibelometer"

Just some suggestions I feel will greatly enhance the logo.

#14 lena

lena

• Designer
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:42 AM

nice concept....
but why don't you try with flat colors first (even black and white) and no effects (shadows, blur, glow...), and then upgrade with colors and effects, step by step... in this way you will see what to keep and what to remove...
every logo should work evenly in B/W and color.
another thing is mixing symbol with letters. you should either incorporate decibelometer in letters or make it separately. this way is little bit hard to read, especially with this font type (which i like very much).
anyway, good concept...
every design needs designer

#15 zzzjoana

zzzjoana

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:44 PM

cachy but not readble... tru with little bit more simple shrift

#16 arielforeman

arielforeman

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:32 AM

This is for a audio device company, they do headsets and speakers and such. They are having a branding redesign contest and this is my concept. I realize the name might be hard to read and i'm redoing it now with a different font, but i just wanted to see what everyone thought of it =) The name of the company is "Full Throttle".

Posted Image

The font is unique but not readable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users