• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 lena

lena

• Designer
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

ok guys...
it's been a long time since I posted some of my work.

first i would like to show my personal/portfolio website which is 5 yrs old (including updates :o) and i think it's time for some modifications and updates :D

so please take a look and tell me what u think???

I LOVE DESIGN

remember, take no prisoners ;)

thx
every design needs designer

#2 solidcreature

solidcreature

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:24 PM

nice design
cute idea

its a pity that there are a lot of "sorry no text available" or "sorry, production PHOTO is not available"

#3 DixielandDesign

DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:34 PM

ok guys...
it's been a long time since I posted some of my work.

first i would like to show my personal/portfolio website which is 5 yrs old (including updates :o) and i think it's time for some modifications and updates :D

so please take a look and tell me what u think???

I LOVE DESIGN

remember, take no prisoners ;)

Nice Flash intro and overall design, would love to see you work with some color in your logos they all seem to be in black & white. I think it would help show your range. I really do like the site though, Welcome back

thx

Nice Flash intro and overall design, would love to see you work with some color in your logos they all seem to be in black & white. I think it would help show your range. I really do like the site though, Welcome back

Vince

Designers are meant to be loved, not to be understood. — Fabien Barral

#4 lena

lena

• Designer
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:46 PM

tnx 4 cmmnts.
@DixielandDesign: logos r in color, u just need to click on them (guess one more thing i'll have 2 change :)).
every design needs designer

#5 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:22 PM

OHHH i LOVE how ur site works & interacts with mouse action :) REALLY NICE JOB
looks very professional & modern
ur designs are great too..Loved the logotypes alot & photos are very beautiful
WELCOME BACK BTW..LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE MORE OF UR WORK ;)

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#6 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:25 PM

logos r in color, u just need to click on them (guess one more thing i'll have 2 change :)).

ohhhhh didn't know about that either tell u said it..just tried it & logos looks great in b/w & colored ..very creative :cool:

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#7 smyth

smyth

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:29 PM

wow ... nice. maybe bubbles should change with the items you're watching, a volume control for music(a must!), a fullscreen, available for all items, at least for photos. if the logos can have a story, some pictures of different outputs where the logo have been used, where/if available (eg. outdoor prints,outdoor light boxes, vinyl car etc.)would be great

#8 DixielandDesign

DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:13 AM

tnx 4 cmmnts.
@DixielandDesign: logos r in color, u just need to click on them (guess one more thing i'll have 2 change :)).

Sweet, I love the why that works, I might put some kind of label to let others know to click on the B&W to have it turn color. Now I really love the site...

Vince

Designers are meant to be loved, not to be understood. — Fabien Barral

#9 melatte

melatte

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:07 PM

Mmmm~ love the sleek simplistic design. Oh man very nice. Professional and easy to use and see. The bubbles get distracting after using your site for more than 5 minutes though... which.. could potentially be a problem. But the initial "OMG EXCITEMENT" is pretty damn good. Haha..

Yeah and as someone mentioned, I wouldn't have known that the images could be color if you clicked on them. I think that's important. Haha

#10 logwad

logwad

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:45 PM

deff. make it so the logos display in color first, there is no way to tell that you need to click on them to see them in color which is important. You may want to keep that feature but note it clearly, could be useful to show gray scale and color versions. Your work is very strong. As for the site I think that you could scrap the music player and the dynamic background for the following reasons. Most people surfing the web are listening to music already so having a player could be annoying to some. The dynamic background is cool, but it distracts from your strong work. IMO the focus should be on your portfolio not the site. Also another thing i just noticed, "ADD'S" should be "ADS". Great work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users