• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

Hello everyone
i'm working on this new design..just feeling there's something missing..!!!
i have a little problem with the type (photography studios) i don't like this position & the fact that the photography word looks smaller than studios.

also i'd like to remove the word studios..but can't find a good position for (Photography) "too wide to put on the right side "
would like to know what do u think??

Edited by like an angel, 26 May 2010 - 05:10 PM.

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#2 Clayface

Clayface

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:47 AM

i think it would look good to decrease the padding between letters in studio so that it lines up with the "m" in Zoom. I think that would help the two words look more uniform

#3 digitalmighty

digitalmighty

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

Clayface's suggestion is good - lining up the S and m will match the subtitled words better, and as a bonus will "neaten" it up a little by lining up to a grid of sorts.

Another idea is to rearrange some things. I just mocked it up and thought it worked... I'm new to this forum so I hope its okay to make suggestions visually this way. Let me know if it's not - I imagine I can remove the image.

#4 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:43 PM

@ Clayface..yea..i've tried that but still looks unbalanced!! maybe ....will see about that again
& @ digitalmighty : no i don't have a problem if u make a visual suggestion..Thanks for the tip.. :)

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#5 DixielandDesign

DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:44 PM

Hello everyone
i'm working on this new design..just feeling there's something missing..!!!
i have a little problem with the type (photography studios) i don't like this position & the fact that the photography word looks smaller than studios.

also i'd like to remove the word studios..but can't find a good position for (Photography) "too wide to put on the right side "
would like to know what do u think??

What if you did a type on a path and Put Photography along the top edge of the Magnifying glass and Studio on the bottom edge. Since the Bottom Edge has less white space I think it might look good. The only negative I see would be both word would be on an angle. If you move the handle a bit more CCW I think you could line it up nicely

Vince

Designers are meant to be loved, not to be understood. — Fabien Barral

#6 lena

lena

• Designer
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:47 PM

hola.
I think u should lose Magnifying glass and make it only with letters. Keep the colors, leave one O bigger - which one i don't know :)
is it more then one studio (cause it said photography studios)?
i like the idea: zOom photography

overall, i like the idea and lettering, colors...
thmbs up ***
every design needs designer

#7 kimberly kleis

kimberly kleis

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:07 PM

Could the o look like a shutter on the camera lens or a lens?

#8 glassjardesigns

glassjardesigns

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:12 PM

Maybe try moving the "studios" under photography instead of under the M

#9 Rockula

Rockula

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:00 AM

can the magnifying glass be on top of teh other o and not under?
And maybe the colors? =)

#10 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:56 PM

I think you should try losing the big magnifying glass thing, and just attach a handle to one of the "o" letters, and see how that looks. It would simplify things and offer the possibility of balancing things easier, as there would be less elements.

#11 digitalmighty

digitalmighty

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:45 PM

Yeah I like that last suggestion. You know how it is... simpler is often better, and this sounds like one of those cases.

#12 orosylfos

orosylfos

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:09 AM

With the handle to the right it bears a resemblance to a "q" of similar type. Plus as illustrative it just works better that way for me somehow.

#13 Borght

Borght

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:04 AM

I would make the font a bit more square. The letter O looks a bit to ellipse... But that's only my opinion. The design looks nice!

#14 rorololita

rorololita

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:50 PM

i think the magnifying could focus on the last two letter in steed of the only m

#15 darthsheep

darthsheep

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

I think you should try losing the big magnifying glass thing, and just attach a handle to one of the "o" letters, and see how that looks. It would simplify things and offer the possibility of balancing things easier, as there would be less elements.

Thought just the same. Another thing you could try is shortening the word "photography" to 'photo'. "photo studio".Maybe just "photos" would be way easier to handle around the logo too.

#16 barrywh

barrywh

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:00 AM

I like it a lot. It's fun!

A little fine-tuning might include aligning the little white circles within the two "O's" on the same horizontal plane (which can easily be achieved by dropping the whole magnifying glass down a tad or two)... And did you notice your top highlight grads are coming in from two different directions? That deceives the eyes a bit to me (but it's certainly your call on that)...

And I see your concern on "photography studios"... but I think the type should somehow be larger (and/or fatter) or you just might lose them altogether on smaller printed pieces (such business cards)...

Just my two cents! Otherwise, I think it's great!
  • like an angel likes this
:)Barry

#17 ipsum

ipsum

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:24 AM

As Clayface mentioned, the words look different sizes because the kerning is different.

While dropping the second word might be convenient and simpler, the client may have already registered the name or website. Call and ask about flexibility: this is a good time to communicate and include them in your design process.

How about some friendly critique? The shapes and color of your design seem overpowering. Is it just me or does this logo scream "Searching for Adult Photos of Pancakes." They might specialize in adult or food photography, or sports, fashion, retail, weddings, family lifestyle or corporate services. Maybe they only rent studio space and equipment for photo shoots. Find out what their specialty is. As you offer your client ideas, remember they always pick the design you like the least.

Next, focus on the word Zoom and visualize a camera. Then click my current project posted. Rip it off the wall and step on it.

#18 jedlv

jedlv

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

i think you should use different red color.. the current one looks like it has faded

#19 zensko

zensko

Banned

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

zoom is the great word to play with
in this design, i guess, font is the main problem - it look like it is stretch and logo is more like for some searching engine

#20 Evee

Evee

• Designer
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:27 AM

try using the mag.. glass on the "z" instead of the "o" and then place tagline on the right of the mag glass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users