• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 digitalmighty

digitalmighty

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:51 PM

Hey - this topic doesn't quite fit anywhere, but I consider it to be inspirational so it's going here. :)

There is a movie called Art & Copy I'd suggest watching - it's currently available as Watch Instantly on Netflix if you have a subscription. It's about some of the heavy lifters in the advertising and design worlds around the time design started to become more acknowledged as being important to advertising.

The other movie is called Helvetica (also available on Netflix). It's about, you guessed it, the font Helvetica. It's more of less split into the "Helvetica is perfect for everything" camp and the "Helvetica is fine but there are other options out there" camp. :p

Both movies are good but I personally felt more inspired by the Art and Copy one.

#2 goldiewhy

goldiewhy

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:49 PM

how about this movie:

Logorama

#3 schnett

schnett

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:27 PM

Logorama is awesome :). haven't seen the other two yet.
here is another "must see" movie for people interested in streetart and other creative people. "Exit through the Gift Shop" by the street artist Banksy.
it's a documentary about street art,... and completely different as one would expect.
After I watched this movie, i was totally shocked for 2 days and couldn't work on anything creative anymore ;),... it kind of changed my entire view on art.
This is what Banksy sais about his movie:

“My ambition was to make a film that would do for graffiti art what ‘Karate Kid’ did for martial arts. A film that would get every school kid in the world picking up a spray can and having a go. As it turns out, i think we might have made a film that does for street art what ‘Jaws’ did for water sking.”

i shouldn't tell any more details about the movie, ... but I highly recommend it.

#4 amaconline

amaconline

• Designer
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:30 PM

The Message
"We don't have to see an artist to recognize a painting, correct? So, if we see paintings without seeing artists painting them, in the same way, we can believe God created everything without having to see Him.."
Yusuf Estes

#5 endi24design

endi24design

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:47 AM

how about this movie:

Logorama

The first time I've seen logorama i was IMPRESSED! It shows the world we are living and how surrounded we are with all this corporate identity. I watched it thousand times (and now again:) and I still feel the same I'M IMPRESSED!

#6 The77Alliance

The77Alliance

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:32 PM

Trapcode - Gallery
This link has some amazing Trap Code flicks with use in AE. Really amazing work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users