• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:22 PM

I am on the verge of buying a new laptop just not sure what to do cause Apple just so damn expensive while other laptops are better in specs and able get like 8gig ram for the same price.

So 8gig you sure that its really fast for rendering, but the mac book is pretty much for a design standard.

#2 libbyelliott

libbyelliott

• Designer
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

I ran a PC for a long long time. I've been running a Mac for the last 3 years. Even if you have to wait to save some more money or something go with a Mac. You are getting what you pay for.

The operating system is very stable, unlike windows. You don't have to worry about spyware, adware, malware, etc. It will outlast any PC, and it's resale value is far superior to a PC.

The first mac laptop I bought I had for 3 years. I resold it for $200 less then what I paid for it. In 18 months even the best PCs are pretty much worthless, because there is going to be something bigger, better, and cheaper out there to buy by then.

#3 monster96

monster96

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:44 AM

if you have more money, mac is better..(..and it's always in my dream :))

#4 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:53 PM

I think might go for the Mac all for the wrong reason just only cause as a designer arriving at a client you look more professional with a Mac Book pro than with any other laptop.

• Guests

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:58 PM

mac is worth it :)
I wish I had money to upgrade my 2 year mac book. But it still works great and I am very happy with it.

#6 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

I think might go for the Mac all for the wrong reason just only cause as a designer arriving at a client you look more professional with a Mac Book pro than with any other laptop.

you can buy one for me (pm me for shippnig addy)and I'll test it next to my dell.. :D lol

Seriously though i'd love to get a mac. that's what I learned on in school and have heard great things about them as far as for designers.

my son wanted to get one just cause they wer "cool" but he has a one year old laptop that works great and he really only uses it for school and selling crap on ebay. lol I told him if he pays for a mac I'll take his old one or which ever one he likes the least.

#7 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:03 PM

I have worked with the Mac allot at offices but only thing impresses me is easy to locate files, programs and much faster than windows.

However really hate is the rightmouse button is on the keyboard, but still you have to click with the tablet or pen or mouse to activate. But also know new mac does now mouses with two buttons now. Only still cant really work with that magic mouse it keeps on doing all sort of wierd things cause you literally need to not touch the top if you do not was to use the swipe or other stuff. And selecting multiple files is really horrible.

Only way to work faster on a mac is to learn all the short cuts or plug a window mouse in it. Also there are like several hatefull shortcuts which messes up when you work. There is like the zoom in screen shortcut which is really horrible and like have to find several menus to turn it off. Or the overview screen when you do not need it.

• Guests

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:38 PM

I have worked with the Mac allot at offices but only thing impresses me is easy to locate files, programs and much faster than windows.

However really hate is the rightmouse button is on the keyboard, but still you have to click with the tablet or pen or mouse to activate. But also know new mac does now mouses with two buttons now. Only still cant really work with that magic mouse it keeps on doing all sort of wierd things cause you literally need to not touch the top if you do not was to use the swipe or other stuff. And selecting multiple files is really horrible.

Only way to work faster on a mac is to learn all the short cuts or plug a window mouse in it. Also there are like several hatefull shortcuts which messes up when you work. There is like the zoom in screen shortcut which is really horrible and like have to find several menus to turn it off. Or the overview screen when you do not need it.

you can plug in a regular Windows mouse.I've been using a simple USB wireless Logitech and it works fine for me.

#9 shibin.b

shibin.b

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:09 PM

i think my dell studio is the best

#10 Rsdesigns

Rsdesigns

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:04 AM

I would go with a Windows laptop. Through the years I worked on computers, the Macbook air is a good laptop.

Remember when you switch over and start to buy programs for it. I will say you can't go back to windows without losing money. Purchasing design program are very expensive

I would also remember Windows 7 seems to be way better then vista, and apple Snow Leopard seems to be having alot of problems right now?

Just something to look into.

#11 NDHdesign

NDHdesign

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:08 PM

Definitely a MacBook. You can work anywhere!

#12 mohit

mohit

Banned

• Banned
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

mackbook no doubt in that

#13 lunateec

lunateec

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:17 AM

Budget-wise, it's better to have Windows than nothing at all. I have recently purchased an i3 laptop for designing purposes with 4G ram and it's been serving me well. However, I do agree that Apple is totally worth having... that's if you have the moolah for it.

#14 dnorman7

dnorman7

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

Windows

#15 johar

johar

Banned

• Banned
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

macbook

#16 berzy

berzy

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

Save money for a macbook! Until there, you'll have to settle with m(a)cdonalds ;D

#17 jiu

jiu

Banned

• Banned
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

I prefer windows. Mac is very expensive.

#18 intermere

intermere

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

macbook

#19 rjsirc

rjsirc

• Designer
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

well mac is expensive but worth it